BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

2 hours ago, Counselor said:

1. Sacramento (from Portland)- Trevor Lawrence QB Clemson

Top player in the draft probably going to the worst situation in the NFL but I have to make this pick and roll the dice on the talent that is TLaw.

2. WSR- Penei Sewell OT Oregon

The second best prospect in this class, WSR lands their LT for the next decade. With back to back picks I think they go Sewell here as the BPA and leave open the option to trade down from 3 for more picks.

3. WSR- Zach Wilson QB BYU

Not predicting trades here but a surprise direction for WSR. Going Zach Wilson as their QB of the future over Fields. The arm strength, improvisation, arm angles, swagger of Wilson puts him over Fields here. And Wilson likely will go to a better team irl than the Jets and Jags. WW couldn’t go wrong with either QB at this point IMO.

4. Sacramento- Micah Parsons LB PSU

Defense wins championships... I think. Parsons has great athleticism combined with great instincts. LBer is not likely worth this pick but he can bring the heat as well and is a versatile piece for my defense. 

5. Seoul- Ja’Marr Chase WR LSU

Chase is an opt out and Samsel may want someone who is actually playing this season. I know Justin Fields is sitting here and he listed Murray on the block but he doesn’t seem to want to play with a QB with Murray’s play style and I think Fields has a bit of that. He grabs Chase here who can beat press like a veteran, has solid size, can go up and get the ball, and runs solid routes. Looking at Justin Jefferson’s success in the nfl, Samsel will hope for similar success here with his college teammate.

6. AKB- Kyle Pitts TE UF

I don’t care what anyone says, if Pitts is here on draft day he will be playing for AKB. Orca tried to trade for Henderson from me during the draft as a UF player. They can use Pitts versatile skill set all over the offense. 

7. Sacramento (from Camden)- Patrick Surtain ll CB Bama

I need corner help and Surtain is the top corner in this class for me. I continue to add to my defense here.

8. Rome- DeVonta Smith WR Bama

Rome adds to a strong WR corps giving Herbert more weapons. I don’t think there is a pass rusher in this class worth this high of a pick at this point and Rome grabs a player who might not be toolsy but produces big time on every stage. 

Will complete as Playoffs unfold

You forgot me again..........

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Acting like you're gonna be one-and-done?

History is not on my side. I have been saving stuff since the last two weeks didn't matter to me playoff wise.

I am probably the strongest at any point in any BDL season health wise. But I have started looking to next year on my own roster sheet.

Edited by SirA1