BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

14 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Remember when I was thrown to the wolves for suggesting that Buffalo would match up very well against Pittsburgh and likely beat them? Good times. And yes, I am petty enough to come back in here and bring this up again.

I don't think anyone disputed that Buffalo was a tough matchup for Pittsburgh.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

You haven't lobbied against Ben?  I'm not lying. Im perceiving. BIG difference. 

I have NOT lobbied against Ben and advocated for them to make one more run with him going into this season.

You lumping me in with someone else's opinions and takes that I don't share, all in the name of being defensive, is something that I won't drop or tolerate, and neither would anyone else.

12 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I love how hard you and Blue though are lobbying against 1 player on WSR. Good thing I have more than 1 player on my roster.

You're the one who made this about your roster and BDL. My comments were about the deficiencies of Pittsburgh and their offensive identity. They have an elite defense, solid passing game (albeit drop issues and downfield passing that isn't consistent, but most of that is due to them not having any semblance of a playaction game since they have zero threat to run the ball), and if they were even average at running the ball, are built to beat a team like KC with their ability to rush the passer with 4, stop the run with 6-7 guys, and show varied coverages to force turnovers. They also can put up some points to put pressure on Mahomes and company.

What they can't do is keep him off the field and control the clock and limit possessions, and that will really hurt them in the playoffs. They may still shock the world and make a run, but they're a running game away from being one of the major favorites in the entire league. They're still probably a threat, but they aren't an "elite well rounded" team with their complete lack of a runnin game.

12 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Keep up the good work.

As for your "perceiving", try using benefit of the doubt language instead of absolutes and then condescending commentary like "keep up the good work" here. How exactly am I supposed to take that?

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

But that more in depth commentary you just posted, that I appreciate 

I'm happy to dialogue and am fine agreeing to disagree with someone. I'm not here to troll, and I'm probably one of the more honest and reasonable Browns fans that you'll meet. Insinuating otherwise or that somehow I have something against your roster and your team, while having voted for you and other instances in the past is pure revisionist history on your end. You took what I said personally, so it wasn't meant to be the case.

On 12/8/2020 at 11:24 AM, bcb1213 said:

U do realize buffalo has only 100 more yards than Pitts on the season running the ball and that is including Josh Allen right 

On 12/8/2020 at 11:56 AM, wwhickok said:

No its not. Buffalo hasn't had much better success running than we have. A stupid Fichtner-Called WC play is the primary reason Buffalo beat us last year. We are plenty capable of beating Buffalo. 

On 12/8/2020 at 12:03 PM, MWil23 said:
On 12/8/2020 at 11:56 AM, wwhickok said:

No its not. Buffalo hasn't had much better success running than we have. A stupid Fichtner-Called WC play is the primary reason Buffalo beat us last year. We are plenty capable of beating Buffalo. 

On 12/8/2020 at 11:30 AM, MWil23 said:

I'm speaking of a team "built" to stop Pittsburgh, which would be Buffalo. Given how good Buffalo is on the back end with good DT play, they are built to stop that Pittsburgh offense. Throw in Allen's mobility, and they'll have to account for him defensively as well.

Clarification 

@rackcs full context

• Like 1

BDL Awards

@Jlash @MD4L @pheltzbahr @WFLukic @wwhickok @Ragnarok @gopherwrestler @PR @RuskieTitan @bcb1213 @Counselor @Pickle Rick @The Orca @TedLavie @SirA1 @Blue @MWil23 @samsel23 @EaglesPeteC

Link to waivers and draft classes

Hello everyone! It's been another long BDL season. Some are starting their playoff run while others are at home twiddling their thumbs. We've all got opinions about who really makes impacts in this league so let's all see who is right. For each of the categories, PM me 3 names in a ranked order for each category. Your number 1 pick is the owner or player you think most deserves that award. Number 1 picks will get 3 point, the second choice 2, the third choice 1. The owner or player with the most points will win that award.

Feel free to do as many or as few categories as you want but keep in mind that the best results will come from more people providing input. The deadline for receiving these picks will be Friday, December 25. This gives everyone about two weeks to get their choices in. I will then reveal the winners on the 26th, the day before the Bizzbowl. I've tagged everyone on the owner/co-owner list in the BDL guidelines doc but if there's anyone else who you think has followed enough to be able to contribute, feel free to tag them. Like last year I will soon provide another post with links to all waiver pickups and draft classes. Without further ado, here are the categories:

Best Executive
This award goes to the owner that people feel did the best job assembling their team this season. Whether through FA, the draft, trades, or even the waiver wire, the person who wins this award was someone who signed players on good deals and found those diamonds in the rough.

Best Coach
This award goes to the owner-coach who puts his players in the best position to succeed week in and week out. The person whose gameplans are always on point and can give anyone a run for their money on any given Sunday.

Best Draft Class
This award goes to the person who you feel had the best draft class. Maybe they picked the sure-fire day one starters or maybe they found some upside guys who contributed early. Who do you think got the most value out of their draft picks?

Best Waiver Claim
This award is for the owner who had the foresight to grab that guy when nobody else would. Did someone grab a guy right before you just because he had a higher preference in the waiver order? That guy is a son of a *****, but he might also have the best waiver claim of the year.

MVP
This award is for the most valuable player. We all know what an MVP is. Which player had the biggest affect at taking his team to the next level. Who was the QB...I mean player who always made you think, "Yeah, they probably get the win because of him."

Offensive Player of the Year
This award goes to the most offensive player in the league. And by that I mean the one who puts in the most work on offense, not the biggest *******. This is the player who just makes plays week in and week out for his team's offense.

Defensive Player of the Year
This award is for the player who has the biggest defensive impact on his team. He's the guy who made your life hell when you had to gameplan for him that week, who always gives trouble to the opposing offense.

Offensive Rookie of the Year
This award goes to the rookie on offense who stepped in day one and made an impact. It doesn't matter if they were the first overall pick or someone who got picked up in the shark tank.

Defensive Rookie of the Year
This award is for the rookie who balled out on defense all year. Maybe they're a CB who shut down opposing WRs. Maybe it's a pass rusher who made life hell for the opposing QBs. Maybe it's an INT guy who blows **** up at the line on a regular basis.

Comeback Player of the Year
This award is for a player who came on strong this year after struggling in the previous one. They could have struggled because of an injury or just had a down year. Whatever the reason, they made a huge improvement on the previous year.

Breakout Player of the Year
This is for the non-rookie player who broke out big time this year. Don't call it a comeback, because they haven't ever played like this before. A guy who really stepped up out of nowhere and made an impact on the BDL landscape.

Edited by rackcs
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

And I stand by what I said. Buffalo has hardly any running yards until garbage when our defense was gassed. Our team IS plenty capable of beating Buffalo but, like the WC play I mentioned, its not when you throw pick 6's and turn the ball over. 

My point wasn't that Buffalo was somehow "better" at running the ball or somehow unbelievably superior to Pittsburgh, but rather that their interior DL, LB corps, and secondary is built to stop a team like Pittsburgh. They're going to limit RAC opportunities for the Steelers with their second level play, and they'll stop Pittsburgh's weak rushing attack with 6-7 in the box, with the ability to allocate those second level defenders elsewhere, whether in the flats for short passing, blitz opportunities, or rotating their safeties as hybrid players...and also that they're built to force turnovers for those reasons as well.

I think Pittsburgh can definitely beat Buffalo, but I think Buffalo wins 6 or 7 times in a 10 game series for those reasons.

To help you guys out with some of this, I gathered all of the waiver posts and draft classes here for you to look through.

Week 1 Waivers
Week 2 Waivers
Week 3 Waiver
Week 4 Waivers
Week 5 Waivers
Week 6 Waivers
Week 7 Waivers
Week 8 Waivers
Week 9 Waivers
Week 10 Waivers
Week 11 Waivers
Bye Week Waivers
Week 12 Waivers

Antarctica Katabatic Beasts
1.3 - Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama
1.4 - Jeff Okudah, CB, Ohio State
1.6 - CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma
3.1 - Cam Akers, RB, Florida State
4.1 - Isaiah Wilson, OT, Georgia
4.13 - Jordan Elliot, INT, Missouri
5.1 - Cole Kmet, TE, Notre Dame
6.4 - James Lynch, INT, Baylor
6.5 - Tyler Biadasz, C, Wisconsin
PFA - Van Jefferson, WR, Florida
PFA - Reggie Robinson II, CB, Tulsa

Berlin Blitzkrieg
1.9 - Derrick Brown, INT, Auburn
1.14 - Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa
2.4 - Yetur Gross-Matos, EDGE, Penn State
2.12 - Brandon Aiyuk, WR, Arizona State
2.14 - Antoine Winfield Jr., S, Minnesota
4.3 - Jeff Gladney, CB, TCU
6.14 - Solomon Kindley, OG, Georgia
7.14 - Thaddeus Moss, TE, LSU
PFA - Dalton Keene, TE, Virginia Tech
PFA - Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR, Liberty

Camden Hood Rats
3.12 - KJ Hamler, WR, Penn State
3.15 - Jordan Love, QB, Utah State
4.10 - Neville Gallimore, INT, Oklahoma
5.9 - Harrison Bryant, TE, FAU
5.16 - Lucas Niang, OT, TCU
6.8 - Josh Uche, EDGE, Michigan
7.7 - Eno Benjamin, RB, Arizona State
7.8 - Hunter Bryant, TE, Washington
7.16 - Tanner Muse, LB, Clemson
PFA - Lynn Bowden Jr., WR, Kentucky
PFA - Ben Bredeson, OG, Michigan
PFA - Tyre Phillips, Mississippi State
PFA = L'Jarius Snead, CB, Louisiana Tech

Cuba Smugglers
1.13 - Justin Jefferson, WR, LSU
1.16 - Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville
2.13 - Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor
3.13 - Ezra Cleveland, OT, Boise State
5.10 - Matt Hennessy, C, Temple
6.12 - Jabari Zuniga, EDGE, Florida
PFA - Troy Dye, LB, Oregon
PFA - Alex Highsmith, EDGE, Charlotte

Gotham Gashslayers
1.7 - Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama
2.7 - A.J. Epenesa, EDGE, Iowa
2.15 - Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson
3.7 - Zack Baun, EDGE, Wisconsin
4.6 - Damon Arnette, CB, Ohio State
4.12 - Lloyd Cushenberry III, C, LSU
4.16 - Adam Trautman, TE, Dayton
7.4 - Shane Lemieux, OG, Oregon
PFA - Terrell Burgess, S, Utah
PFA - Davion Taylor, LB, Colorado

Hungary Hippos
5.5 - Terrell Lewis, EDGE, Alabama
5.6 - Logan Wilson, LB, Wyoming
6.9 - Prince Tega Wanogho, OT, Auburn
6.13 - John Simpson, OG, Clemson
6.16 - Davon Hamilton, INT, Ohio State
PFA - Devin Asiasi, TE, UCLA
PFA - Bradlee Anae, EDGE, Utah

Ivory Coast Black Rhinos
1.2 - Chase Young, EDGE, Ohio State
2.2 - Patrick Queen, LB, LSU
3.2 - Josh Jones, OT, Houston
3.6 - Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama
3.16 - A.J. Terrell, CB, Clemson
4.2 - Jaylon Johnson, CB, Utah
4.15 - Ashtyn Davis, S, California
5.13 - Damien Lewis, OG, LSU
5.14 - Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame
7.2 - Akeem Davis-Gaither, LB, Appalachian State
7.11 - Jacob Eason, QB, Washington
PFA - Darrell Taylor, EDGE, Tennessee
PFA - Albert Okwuegbunam, TE, Missouri
PFA - Darnay Holmes, CB, UCLA

Lancaster Werewolves
1.15 - Javon Kinlaw, INT, South Carolina
2.16 - Justin Madubuike, INT, Texas A&M
3.4 - Michael Pittman Jr., WR, USC
4.9 - Robert Hunt, OT, Louisiana
5.15 - A.J. Dillon, RB, Boston College
7.3 - Willie Gay Jr., LB, Mississippi State
PFA - Matthew Peart, OT, UConn
PFA - Kenny Robinson, S, XFL

New Orleans Jazz
5.11 - Cameron Dantzler, CB, Mississippi State
6.1 - Zack Moss, RB, Utah
PFA - McTelvin Agim, INT, Arkansas
PFA - Jacob Phillips, LB, LSU

Oklahoma City EF5s
PFA - Anfernee Jennings, EDGE, Alabama
PFA - Troy Pride Jr., CB, Notre Dame

Portland Horned Owls
PFA - Michael Ojemudia, CB, Iowa
PFA - Julian Blackmon, S, Utah

Rome Eternals
2.5 - Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon
2.6 - D'Andre Swift, RB, Georgia
2.10 - Grant Delpit, S, LSU
3.10 - Ross Blacklock, INT, TCU
3.14 - Noah Igbinoghene, CB, Auburn
6.3 - Netane Muti, OG, Fresno State
6.10 - Brycen Hopkins, TE, Purdue
6.15 - Devin Duvernay, WR, Texas
PFA - Saahdiq Charles, OT, LSU
PFA - Logan Stenberg, OG, Kentucky

Sacramento Sasquatch
1.1 - Joe Burrow, QB, LSU
1.8 - Henry Ruggs III, WR, Alabama
1.11 - C.J. Henderson, CB, Florida
1.12 - Jedrick Wills, OT, Alabama
2.3 - K'Lavon Chaisson, EDGE, LSU
2.8 - Kenneth Murray, LB, Oklahoma
2.9 - Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin
4. 7 - J.K. Dobbins, RB, Ohio State
5.4 - Amik Robertson, CB, Louisiana Tech
5.7 - Tyler Johnson, WR, Minnesota
5.8 - Curtis Weaver, EDGE, Boise State
5.12 - Antonio Gibson, RB, Memphis
7.1 - Jonah Jackson, OG, Ohio State
7.15 - Donovan Peoples-Jones, WR, Michigan
PFA - Bryan Edwards, WR, South Carolina
PFA - Darrynton Evans, RB, Appalachian State

Seoul Dragons
1.5 - Isaiah Simmons, LB, Clemson
1.10 - Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia
3.5 - Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU
4.5 - Kyle Dugger, S, Lenoir-Rhyne
6.6 - K'Von Wallace, S, Clemson
6.11 - Keshawn Vaughn, RB, Vanderbilt
7.5 - Alton Robinson, EDGE, Syracuse
7.9 - Jalen Hurts, QB, Oklahoma
7.10 - Leki Fotu, INT, Utah
7.12 - Trevis Gipson, EDGE, Tulsa
7.13 - Ben Bartch, OT, St. John's
PFA - Joshua Kelley, RB, UCLA
PFA - Cameron Clark, OT, Charlotte

Singapore Sentinels
3.9 - Laviska Shenault Jr., WR, Colorado
4. 8 - Bryce Hall, CB, Virginia
4.11 - Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB, LSU
7.6 - Jake Fromm, QB, Georgia

Williamsport Soul Reavers
2.1 - Xavier McKinney, S, Alabama
2.11 - Cesar Ruiz, OG, Michigan
3.3 - Austin Jackson, OT, USC
3.8 - Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU
3.11 - Julian Okwara, EDGE, Notre Dame
4.4 - Marlon Davidson, INT, Auburn
4.14 - Jeremy Chinn, S, Southern Illinois
5.2 - Raekwon Davis, INT, Alabama
5.3 - Malik Harrison, LB, Ohio State
6.2 - Jonathan Greenard, EDGE, Florida
6.7 - Jordyn Brooks, LB, Texas Tech
PFA - Brandon Jones, S, Texas

Edited by rackcs
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, rackcs said:

BDL Awards

@Jlash @MD4L @pheltzbahr @WFLukic @wwhickok @Ragnarok @gopherwrestler @PR @RuskieTitan @bcb1213 @Counselor @Pickle Rick @The Orca @TedLavie @SirA1 @Blue @MWil23 @samsel23 @EaglesPeteC

Link to waivers and draft classes

Hello everyone! It's been another long BDL season. Some are starting their playoff run while others are at home twiddling their thumbs. We've all got opinions about who really makes impacts in this league so let's all see who is right. For each of the categories, PM me 3 names in a ranked order for each category. Your number 1 pick is the owner or player you think most deserves that award. Number 1 picks will get 3 point, the second choice 2, the third choice 1. The owner or player with the most points will win that award.

Feel free to do as many or as few categories as you want but keep in mind that the best results will come from more people providing input. The deadline for receiving these picks will be Friday, December 25. This gives everyone about two weeks to get their choices in. I will then reveal the winners on the 26th, the day before the Bizzbowl. I've tagged everyone on the owner/co-owner list in the BDL guidelines doc but if there's anyone else who you think has followed enough to be able to contribute, feel free to tag them. Like last year I will soon provide another post with links to all waiver pickups and draft classes. Without further ado, here are the categories:

Best Executive
This award goes to the owner that people feel did the best job assembling their team this season. Whether through FA, the draft, trades, or even the waiver wire, the person who wins this award was someone who signed players on good deals and found those diamonds in the rough.

Best Coach
This award goes to the owner-coach who puts his players in the best position to succeed week in and week out. The person whose gameplans are always on point and can give anyone a run for their money on any given Sunday.

Best Draft Class
This award goes to the person who you feel had the best draft class. Maybe they picked the sure-fire day one starters or maybe they found some upside guys who contributed early. Who do you think got the most value out of their draft picks?

Best Waiver Claim
This award is for the owner who had the foresight to grab that guy when nobody else would. Did someone grab a guy right before you just because he had a higher preference in the waiver order? That guy is a son of a *****, but he might also have the best waiver claim of the year.

MVP
This award is for the most valuable player. We all know what an MVP is. Which player had the biggest affect at taking his team to the next level. Who was the QB...I mean player who always made you think, "Yeah, they probably get the win because of him."

Offensive Player of the Year
This award goes to the most offensive player in the league. And by that I mean the one who puts in the most work on offense, not the biggest *******. This is the player who just makes plays week in and week out for his team's offense.

Defensive Player of the Year
This award is for the player who has the biggest defensive impact on his team. He's the guy who made your life hell when you had to gameplan for him that week, who always gives trouble to the opposing offense.

Offensive Rookie of the Year
This award goes to the rookie on offense who stepped in day one and made an impact. It doesn't matter if they were the first overall pick or someone who got picked up in the shark tank.

Defensive Rookie of the Year
This award is for the rookie who balled out on defense all year. Maybe they're a CB who shut down opposing WRs. Maybe it's a pass rusher who made life hell for the opposing QBs. Maybe it's an INT guy who blows **** up at the line on a regular basis.

Comeback Player of the Year
This award is for a player who came on strong this year after struggling in the previous one. They could have struggled because of an injury or just had a down year. Whatever the reason, they made a huge improvement on the previous year.

Breakout Player of the Year
This is for the non-rookie player who broke out big time this year. Don't call it a comeback, because they haven't ever played like this before. A guy who really stepped up out of nowhere and made an impact on the BDL landscape.

EPC clean sweep

8 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I think, looking back at it... my draft was one of the worst.

I think you did alright. It's only been one year too and a bunch of the guys you took I think were guys who need a year or two to develop anyways.

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Whats your point. Ben isn't the only player on my team. Also, unlike Ben, I have an Oline that can actually block and a running back that can actually gain yards

Pittsburgh has allowed 11 sacks through 13 games on over 500 pass attempts. Their top running back is gaining 4.3 YPC and is averaging half a yard less per game than Lamar Jackson.

Also, I said nothing about your team, I'm just pointing out Roethlisberger has by any objective measure not been good against teams that are not picking inside the top 10 in this year's draft.

42 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I think, looking back at it... my draft was one of the worst.

You got one of the top candidates for DROTY at 4.14.  

Plus Ruiz, Jackson, Raekwon, and Raegor have all contributed and flashed their potential more than a couple times.

So tbh, your comment comes across a little as wanting some praise for your rookies cause we all know your statement isn't true.

• Like 3