BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

6 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Feels like a waste unless you trade one of your other pass rushers. I'm all for insane EDGE depth but taking a guy who's going to be a backup at #2 seems wasteful. Especially with Daniel Jones as your QB and a very talented QB in Tua available.

Orca and Pickle pay you to try and work this angle to get Young to 3?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Orca and Pickle pay you to try and work this angle to get Young to 3?

No, it's just that QB is by far the most important position on the field and if you're in a position to grab one that can be that guy for you then I think you've gotta get him

• Like 1

On 2/6/2020 at 9:17 AM, rackcs said:

9. Berlin Blitzkrieg (via Hungary): CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma
11. Berlin Blitzkrieg (via Oklahoma City): Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia
14. Berlin Blitzkrieg: Henry Ruggs III, WR, Alabama
12. Berlin Blitzkrieg (via Singapore): Lloyd Cushenberry III, C, LSU
14. Berlin Blitzkrieg: Neville Gallimore, INT, Oklahoma
14. Berlin Blitzkrieg: Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin
14. Berlin Blitzkrieg: Saahdiq Charles, OG, LSU

I adore Lamb and would very likely take him at 9 were he available.

I think Thomas is being pushed down for no reason and would happily take him at 11.

While I like Ruggs a fair bit, that would give me Golladay, Kirk, Hollywood, Lamb, and Ruggs.  That's a lot of high investment into WR.  I think I'd go a different direction.

Cushenberry is my 3rd C at best although I don't dislike him.

As with Cushenberry, I have other DTs above Gallimore.  I also think I could get better value.

I adore Taylor.  I very well may go that way.

If Jauan or Callaway are there at 7.14...I'll probably take a flier on one of them.

On 2/6/2020 at 8:44 PM, rackcs said:

No, it's just that QB is by far the most important position on the field and if you're in a position to grab one that can be that guy for you then I think you've gotta get him

Yeah, why would you want the tall, turnover-prone pocket passer when you can have a short, injury-prone pocket passer instead? Can't throw picks if you aren't on the field!

8 hours ago, Blue said:

Yeah, why would you want the tall, turnover-prone pocket passer when you can have a short, injury-prone pocket passer instead? Can't throw picks if you aren't on the field!

Feel like it's worth the risk for a guy like Tua

On 06/02/2020 at 4:17 PM, rackcs said:

Mock Draft 14.0

This week I was trying to push my prospect knowledge to later rounds so I did a 3 round mock draft and decided to apply that here by doing a 7 rounder. Don't expect 7 rounders again until we get closer to the draft, this was just me trying to get a better feel for some of these mid round guys and how I've got them ranked. That being said I'm happy with how it turned out and as always welcome feedback.

Round 1: 
5. Seoul Dragons: Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama

Round 2: 
5. Seoul Dragons: C.J. Henderson, CB, Florida
9. Seoul Dragons (via Hungary): Josh Jones, OT, Houston

Round 3: 
5. Seoul Dragons: J.K. Dobbins, RB, Ohio State

Round 4: 
5. Seoul Dragons: Netane Muti, OG, Fresno State

Round 6: 
3. Seoul Dragons (via Williamsport): Donovan Peoples-Jones, WR, Michigan
5. Seoul Dragons: James Lynch, INT, Baylor
14. Seoul Dragons (via Berlin): Amik Robertson, CB, Louisiana Tech

Round 7: 
5. Seoul Dragons: Anfernee Jennings, EDGE, Alabama
12. Seoul Dragons (via Singapore): Jack Driscoll, OT, Auburn

Very good rounds 1-4. Round 6 I'm not sure. I don't like DPJ at all. Lynch I need to scout, Robertson I'm curious about his combine. Not likely to draft Jennings, Driscoll I could definitely take a flier on in R7

41 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Odd way to utilize the double down rule.

Not really. I know for sure I'm gonna do it during the season, I have TONS of Cap space. It saves me a 3D that I may end up using elsewhere. I dont plan to go insane in FA. Everything I'm doing is building toward next offseason.

8 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Not really. I know for sure I'm gonna do it during the season, I have TONS of Cap space. It saves me a 3D that I may end up using elsewhere. I dont plan to go insane in FA. Everything I'm doing is building toward next offseason.

Doing it in season avoids having to pay them that full amount for a full year.  You never know, at some point during the year you may have needed that money. 

You're a nice owner. Giving your boys the big pay bump they deserve!