BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

33 minutes ago, PR said:

Both have not been seen in a regular season game since 2018 anyways. 

A player who is a free agent IRL and who hasn’t played a snap in a full calendar year can be cut without penalty from a roster

They qualify but your above statement wouldn’t matter they would have to be a FA  still also hence the and not an or.

18 minutes ago, Counselor said:

A player who is a free agent IRL and who hasn’t played a snap in a full calendar year can be cut without penalty from a roster

They qualify but your above statement wouldn’t matter they would have to be a FA  still also hence the and not an or.

Yep. Thus why that Tecans OT a couple years back couldnt be cut despite not playing for 2 years

6 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

I mean I get why you'd want to get rid of those guys quicker but now ya just locked them onto your roster for the entire year by double and triple downing right now 

When you double down someone I don't think they get locked onto your roster though does it? Gonna be harder to trade them away at that salary, but he doesn't seem to need the cap space anyway.

7 minutes ago, Jlash said:

When you double down someone I don't think they get locked onto your roster though does it? Gonna be harder to trade them away at that salary, but he doesn't seem to need the cap space anyway.

Yes.  Any contract change does 

16 hours ago, Jlash said:

Even if it didnt lock them, I'm not trying to trade them. They're not in my long term future but are also 2 spots I dont need to get a replacement for in the upcoming season.

I'm allowing myself to be the guru I am, the guru I shouldve been when first arriving but I took an approach initially that isnt my style. Now, I'm going back to my roots.

10 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Even if it didnt lock them, I'm not trying to trade them. They're not in my long term future but are also 2 spots I dont need to get a replacement for in the upcoming season.

I'm allowing myself to be the guru I am, the guru I shouldve been when first arriving but I took an approach initially that isnt my style. Now, I'm going back to my roots.

Do what works for you

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

I mean I get why you'd want to get rid of those guys quicker but now ya just locked them onto your roster for the entire year by double and triple downing right now 

Anyone notice I never tried to shop Alualu and never aggressively tried to shop Sean Davis?

If Davis has a poor year next year, it's all good because he will be a FA. If he has a good year and I realize I want to keep him, I 3 Up him. I gave myself that option by double downing him because when the season ends next season, without the DD, I am still on the hook for his final season.

Doing it now forces me to account for that money. I get why you'd wait if you only had like 30k cap space but I had 125k. Theres no reason not to do it now.

• Like 1