BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

12 hours ago, Blue said:

Gotta say this because it's driving me nuts (and really has nothing to do with Rack):

TCU had two top-50 picks last year. They've got at least four guys (Gladney, Reagor, Blacklock, Niang) expected to go in roughly the same range this year. I'm supposed to buy a team that went 12-13 the past two years, including 7-11 in a conference that doesn't play defense, with one of the best head coaches in the country had six players worth top-64 picks?

Could say the same about the likes of Bama, LSU, Ohio State where I think players are overrated because of the logos on their helmets, but at least those teams win games consistently. Just really bizarre to me when people think teams with bad records have lots of good players, especially when the coaching is good and proven.

This is one of your dumbest posts ever 

I mean call has been awful since Rodgers left 

Would you not want 

Keenan Allen 

Marshawn lynch 

Cameron Jordan 

Mychal Kendricks 

Alex Mack 

Mitchell Schwartz 

Should 

Zadarius Smith and Avery Williamson  not be in the NFL cause Kentucky didn't have a winning season the four years they were there? 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, TedLavie said:

Otherwise, I'm surprise you have Cushenberry in the 2nd round. I'm lower on him, but I think the consensus is he's a D2 prospect IRL.

I've been seeing him pop up a lot in the late second round. Honestly the top of the C class is pretty fluid right now. I've seen lots of debate between Biadasz, Cushenberry, and Ruiz. I think they're all at least solid but my personal rankings are Ruiz, Biadasz, Cushenberry. It's a pretty close gap between the first two and then a still pretty small gap before the third.

11 hours ago, Blue said:

Gotta say this because it's driving me nuts (and really has nothing to do with Rack):

TCU had two top-50 picks last year. They've got at least four guys (Gladney, Reagor, Blacklock, Niang) expected to go in roughly the same range this year. I'm supposed to buy a team that went 12-13 the past two years, including 7-11 in a conference that doesn't play defense, with one of the best head coaches in the country had six players worth top-64 picks?

Could say the same about the likes of Bama, LSU, Ohio State where I think players are overrated because of the logos on their helmets, but at least those teams win games consistently. Just really bizarre to me when people think teams with bad records have lots of good players, especially when the coaching is good and proven.

I think you kinda answered your own question there with that last sentence. TCU has good coaching and so even if the players aren't always the best they are put in good positions to succeed and look good on tape. In this specific case I am super high on Gladney, I think he'll be a top CB in a few years. Blacklock I think is good with a chance to be really good. I don't think Reagor will make it but he certainly has all of the tools so I get that. Niang I'm not so high on. RT only for him and he's just ok at best anyways. I could see him slipping a bit come draft day.

9 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Tu'a, Thomas, and Epenesa are all a yes if the board falls that way.  Higgins is also a yes.  I'd probably go another direction with my 2nd 2nd.  Taylor in the 3rd is a yes.

Very well done overall.

For that second 2nd rounder, I strongly considered going C there. Is that a position you would be looking at early? Obviously you don't have to say anything if you don't want to reveal that info.

9 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

BTW rack, I know I'm a best player available guy but don't know if I'd go back to back edge guys 

That was a mistake on my part, I try not to double up unless the need is a dire one. I was keeping track of what positions I'd already taken for everyone but I guess I forgot to write down edge the first time.

12 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

This is one of your dumbest posts ever 

I mean call has been awful since Rodgers left 

Would you not want 

Keenan Allen 

Marshawn lynch 

Cameron Jordan 

Mychal Kendricks 

Alex Mack 

Mitchell Schwartz 

Should 

Zadarius Smith and Avery Williamson  not be in the NFL cause Kentucky didn't have a winning season the four years they were there? 

First off, all those guys weren't all on the same team. You're talking about fifteen years worth of talent, not two consecutive seasons. I mean, Jesus dude, Rodgers had already won a Super Bowl before Schwartz was drafted. Secondly, they've had three head coaches at Cal since Rodgers, none of whom are exactly Gary Patterson levels of good. If you're going to compare teams, at least do so on the same timeframe, even if you want to ignore that one team has had drastically better coaching.

Secondly, Kentucky had Bud Dupree, Za'darius Smith, and Avery Williamson as the only players on those rosters who ever made it in the NFL. I think Josh Forrest might have gotten a cup of coffee somewhere, too. Two of those guys weren't top-100 picks. So no, I don't think it's real shocking they went 9-17 over those two years, nor do I think that's an apples-to-apples comparison since I'm talking about twice as many players, two of whom have already been drafted higher than two of Kentucky's three.

This has to be your dumbest attempt at a meaningful comparison ever.

Edited by Blue
  • Like 1