BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

@TedLavie @bcb1213

Let me ask you something, to expand upon what I asked. Because I would simply like more clarity.

What is the purpose of the trade committee. Can you veto Trades and if so, based on what? How do you guys approach trades that are posted?

Trades are approved based on the obvious criteria of fitting into Cap and roster limits first, which I ussually dont check, but put in a rider on my approval.  As far as value is concerned, that is extremely subjective as you no doubt have seen.  The line of veto is "disrupting the competitive balance of the league."  Again, when weighing contract situations, player value, positional value, risk etc, it usually takes a massively lopsided trade to cross that line.  I didn't think it was crossed with Mahomes/Jackson, although I thought JLash won the trade.

We're not here to prevent perceived trade rape, but to prevent potential shenanigans.

32 minutes ago, Whicker said:

You are welcome to approve my trade at any time

I need two things to happen first.

1. PR, MD4L, or JLash approve it first 

2. You have to promise to not quit again. Because that trade would put whoever took over your team in the future in a big hole if you were to walk away from it.

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

2. You have to promise to not quit again. Because that trade would put whoever took over your team in the future in a big hole if you were to walk away from it.

I'm gonna be completely honest, the latter is what scares me about that trade. 

9 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Approved it.

• Like 1