BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

Draft Recap R5

5.1 - Antartica -- TE, Cole Kmet, Notre Dame
They needed a TE and Kmet has good skills and size.
Grade: B

5.2 -- WSR -- DE Raekwon Davis, Alabama
With literally no Starting DEs on the roster prior to the start of the draft I decided to give up a bit of capitol to get a pass rusher with a ton of upside. He isnt without flaws but he has a ton of skill.

5.3 - WSR -- ILB, Malik Harrison, Ohio State
It might have been slightly earlier for him but he reminds me of Lawrence Timmons which I felt is exactly what I needed beside Devin Bush

5.4 - Sacramento Sasquatches -- CB, Amik Robertson, Louisian Tech
Slight reach but really good slot corner with high potential.
Grade: B

5.5 - Hungary Hippos -- EDGE, Terrell Lewis, Alabama
It's crazy he lasted this long, I thought about taking him in R2 but I didnt due to his injury red flags. If he stays healthy he will be a star  
Grade: A+

5.6 - Hungary Hippos -- ILB, Logan Wilson, Wyoming
Another solid choice here at LB by Hungary. Huge upside.
Grade: A

5.7 - Sacramento Sasquatches-- WR, Tyler Johnson, Minnesota 
TJ is a good with good potential that I think makes his initial impact as a returner. He is actually a very undervalued talent imo.
Grade: B+

5.8 - Sacramento Sasquatches-- EDGE, Curtiz Weaver, Boise State
Talented but questions about his athleticism caused him to fall. Interested to see what he does at the next level.
Grade: C+

5.9 - Camden Hoodrats-- TE, Harrison Bryant FAU
Good receiving ability, decent size, questionable blocker. At this point, respectable selection.
Grade: C

5.10 - Cuba Smugglers-- C Matt Hennessy,  Temple
A versatile IOL that can play C or G at the next level with quality coaching.
Grade: B-

5.11 - New Orleans Jazz -- CB Cameron Dantzler, Mississippi State
You've got 1 LB, 1 Center, 4 solid CBs but hey let's draft a project player at CB. I mean, alright. 
Grade: C-

5.12 - Sacramento Sasquatches -- Running Receiver, Antonio Gibson, Memphis
This a guy that can be used in a lot of ways. I like this pick a lot right here.
Grade: A

5.13 - ICBR -- OG, Damien Lewis, LSU
Solid project guard imo
Grade: B-

5.14 - ICBR - WR/TE Chase Claypool, Notre Dame
In my opinion his best mismatches will come at TE but I could see him as a WR at the next level with the surprising show of speed.
Grade: B+

5.15 - Lancaster Werewolves -- RB AJ Dillon, Boston College
He has good power, needs to drop weight to get more burst, a one-out runner that isnt gonna scare anyone with average footwork but could develop into a starter.
Grade: C

5.16 -  Camden Hoodrats -- OT,  Lucas Niang, TCU
Excellent pick at this point, I personally see him as a RT but a star at the position.
Grade: A+

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Don't see how Dillon doesn't have burst when in the RB group he had the highest vertical jump, the furthest broad jump, and ran a top 10 40 yard dash.

He’s a lite version of Jonathan Taylor. Extremely high upside. There’s durability concerns but that shouldn’t be a significant issue before his second contract.

1 minute ago, WFLukic said:

I don't get how Dantzler is a project? Dantzler has 3 years of good tape in the SEC but size and speed concerns, he's the opposite of a project.

He ran a 4.64, he is very handy, aka a lot of penalties coming his way, decent athleticismz not a great tackler. You are right he has good size , not so much good speed. His length ain't great. Gonna need some coaching for sure.