BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

Did Covid19 affect anyone else's draft strategy btw? I'm concerned that with a shorter offseason/preseason, a lot of the rookies won't be playing significant roles to start the year and only the super pro ready ones or RBs will be able to make an impact year 1. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WFLukic said:

Did Covid19 affect anyone else's draft strategy btw? I'm concerned that with a shorter offseason/preseason, a lot of the rookies won't be playing significant roles to start the year and only the super pro ready ones or RBs will be able to make an impact year 1. 

Can't really change a draft strategy based on that, I try not to plan for much year 1 impact anyway.

2 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

It’ll be interesting for sure. I’ll be mostly happy if my guys can become quality contributors over the duration of their first contract.

1 minute ago, WFLukic said:

I tend to draft for a year out.  So not as much.  

Now, trading for Rodgers did impact my decision to trade for OBJ.  I wanted an immediate #1 with Golladay stolen away.

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

I tend to draft for a year out.  So not as much.  

Now, trading for Rodgers did impact my decision to trade for OBJ.  I wanted an immediate #1 with Golladay stolen away.

You say stolen, I say kindly taken off your hands for a sweet, sweet draft pick

• Like 1

Just now, MD4L said:

I’m not a big fan of Hurts play style but his intangibles are huge. I wouldn’t be surprised if he somehow carved a role as a short term starter on a team ala Tyrod Taylor.

I don't think Hurts is starter material at all, but he ended up my QB5.