BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

Just now, Blue said:

I got a couple tight ends left on my board that probably should have been drafted. Quite surprised one of them probably won't be.

I know who you mean and I was debating between him and Thaddeus.

• Like 2

1.9 - Derrick Brown
1.11 - Trade for OBJ
1.14 - Tristan Wirfs
2.4 - Yetur Gross-Matos
2.12 - Brandon Aiyuk
2.14 - Antoine Winfield, Jr.
4.3 - Jeff Gladney
6.14 - Solomon Kindley
7.14 - Thaddeus Moss

The 2020 Berlin Draft

Honestly not quite how we expected it to play out, but very happy.

Brown gives us a top tier DT inside with Quinnen.  Adding OBJ and Aiyuk helps rebuild our WR room.  Wirfs was BPA and will play somewhere on the OL for us next year while Solomon was a draft crush of mine.  YGM has the size, run stopping ability, and pass rush I like in a DE behind DLaw and Zadarius.  Winfield gives us a nice young safety tandem with Thornhill.  Gladney was pure BPA and adds to the young CB corps.  Moss can play football and at least contribute in certain packages.

• Like 1

Team Draft Grades:

New Orleans Jazz

Pick 5.12 - CB Cameron Dantzler 

Pro Comparison: Richard Sherman/Josh Norman | Grade: A+

Has tape up there with the best of them in this class and he put up the single most impressive performance of any CB this season by shutting down J'Marr Chase when they played LSU. His slow 40 at the combine doesn't reflect his actual speed, and he had a 4.38 at a pro-day (for reference Grant Delpit had a 4.39 on the same track) when better prepared. The biggest concern is his physique, he definitely needs some more muscle mass as some physical WRs could bully him out on contested catches, but once he does level up in the size department he figures to become a very good press corner. 

Pick 6.1 - RB Zack Moss

Pro Comparison: Frank Gore | Grade: A+

If not for the concerns with his knees (much like Gore), he'd be up there with the top backs in the class. He admittedly does lack speed and isn't going to be a home run threat, but he's violent, will rack up yards after contact and has enough to make guys miss at the next level even if he's not going to go the whole way. 

Thanks for reading guys, see you next year for more reviews!

Edited by WFLukic
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

1.9 - Derrick Brown
1.11 - Trade for OBJ
1.14 - Tristan Wirfs
2.4 - Yetur Gross-Matos
2.12 - Brandon Aiyuk
2.14 - Antoine Winfield, Jr.
4.3 - Jeff Gladney
6.14 - Solomon Kindley
7.14 - Thaddeus Moss

The 2020 Berlin Draft

Honestly not quite how we expected it to play out, but very happy.

Brown gives us a top tier DT inside with Quinnen.  Adding OBJ and Aiyuk helps rebuild our WR room.  Wirfs was BPA and will play somewhere on the OL for us next year while Solomon was a draft crush of mine.  YGM has the size, run stopping ability, and pass rush I like in a DE behind DLaw and Zadarius.  Winfield gives us a nice young safety tandem with Thornhill.  Gladney was pure BPA and adds to the young CB corps.  Moss can play football and at least contribute in certain packages.

Too much Big 10, not enough SEC