2.6.D'Andre Swift RB Georgia 

2.10.Grant Delpit S LSU 

3.10.Ross Blacklock  DT TCU

3.14   Noah Igbinoghene CB Auburn 

6.3 Netane Muti G Fresno St 

6.10 Brycen Hopkins, TE Purdue 

6.15 Devin Devurnay WR Texas 

Second round pick 2021 

I'd be lying if I said I planned on getting more than two of these guys but we moved out of a lot of picks as our targets were sniped on four occasion the pick before us.  Despite that we are pretty excited for this class 

Herbert and swift will hopefully be our cornerstones for years to come in the backfield.  Delpit hopefully gives us a safety so I can stop hearing about how I have no one there.  Blacklock could be a pass rush force from the middle.  The real fun begins after that 

Next couple picks are complete boom bust 

Noah i.  Is known as one of the hardest workers the current staff has ever coached at auburn and he's gonna get everything out of of his vast physical talents.  Only two years into being a corner, he's either gonna learn quickly or not be around long 

Muti is the most physically dominant offensive lineman I've ever watched on film but that comes with injury risks from his massive girth, no homo 

Hopkins is probably the second most athletic TE in the class but has some dropsies issues.  He's willing too block but kinda sux at it.  Hopefully nfl coaching straightens that technique out 

Devurnay could be our slot wr burner in our four wide set that can showcase a little bit of everything with Amari, juju, Renfrow. And him 

Excited to see where all these guys land! 

• Like 1

Sacramento Sasquatch 

1.1- Joe Burrow QB LSU 

1.8- Henry Ruggs WR Bama

1.11- CJ Henderson CB Florida

1.12- Jedrick Wills OT Bama

2.19- K’Lavon Chaisson LB LSU

2.24- Kenneth Murray LB OU

2.25-  Jonathan Taylor RB Wisconsin

4.55- JK Dobbins RB OSU

5.68- Amik Robertson CB LA Tech

5.71- Tyler Johnson WR Minnesota 

5.72- Curtis Weaver Edge Boise State

5.76- Antonio Gibson WR/RB Memphis 

7.97- Jonah Jackson OG OSU

7.111- Donovan Peoples-Jones WR Michigan

14 players one less than last year. But with 2 PFA this year I’ll end up topping last year with 16. Now this is going to end up being a problem eventually with my Roster size due to my lack of draft impulse control. But I’ll deal with that when it comes. Which is interesting because my first two years I only added 8 players including PFA each draft. Not sure what came over me last year and has stuck with me now. 

As far as my class goes there are some things I like and some things I regret already. Let me take you on my journey.

It starts with my trade up for Joe Burrow. I just had to have him. What did he cost? Likely future hall of famers Jeff Okudah, Ceedee Lamb, a 2021 3rd and 7th. Yikes that’s steep. But I don’t regret it. I needed a QB and I believe in Burrow. Although I believed in Haskins also.

Secondly and my biggest regret. I was a key stroke away from having Isaiah Simmons and pick 2.9 for 1.8 and 1.12. I really regret not doing this deal the minute after Ted went forward and picked Simmons. Oh well my loss.

Another regret. My trade up for Jonathan Taylor. Hindsight of course but if I kept 3.14 and 3.15 I could have had Jaylon Johnson (who I was very high on) and JK Dobbins. Now I ended up with Dobbins anyway but it cost me my 2021 3rd. 

Another regret. The ghost of Terry McLaurin struck me again. When I made the Antonio Gibson pick I was deciding between Biadasz, Claypool, DPJ and obviously Gibson. Like last years draft I wanted McLaurin but some last minute tape watch of Christian Miller (which looking back the tape wasn’t even that good) made me decide on Miller instead of McLaurin. I did the same here with Gibson. I had extra time and started changing my board. Which is why I try and rush us through and need to learn to step away but it was even harder this year being trapped inside. I regretted it immediately and thought man I should have taken Biadasz and yes I should have. Oh well.

Last regret. More looking at more boards and rankings and knowing I had a need for interior oline depth I traded a 2021 5th for 7.1 and selected Jonah Jackson. I saw him ranked 38, and 57 on draft boards and mocked in the top 50 a couple of times. So I made the move to pick him. Now this is the biggest error. I admittedly never focused in on film of Jackson before I made the pick. I saw him watching Dobbins film but never really scouted him in particular. Looking now I see bad athletic testing numbers, a player who literally stands straight up, and has little power. So of course I traded a 2021 5th for a bust. Hope I’m wrong though. 

So lessons learned? Finish all scouting before we draft and stick to my board. Go BPA always. Stay patient, and walk away if getting impulsive. Don’t mortgage the future. These are all things I am going to attempt to do next year. Doubt I stick to it though. Oh well. 

Things I am excited about.

Getting Chaisson at 2.3 and Murray at 2.8 Both are leaders and add a lot of potential to my defense. 

Getting Dobbins at 4.7. I had Dobbins as a BDL second round grade on my board. 

My fifth round picks besides Gibson. I love Amik’s game. I am a big believer in Tyler Johnson despite athletic limitations. And I am hoping Weaver can carry over some of that production on my D.

DPJ at 7.15. Having considered him at 5.12, I was excited to still get him here. There are concerns but also a lot of untapped potential. After I drafted him I had a GM asking to trade for him. The last time I had a GM try and trade for a 7th rounder I had just drafted it was SirA1 (I’m pretty positive it was him) trying to get Kittle from me... 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WFLukic said:

Hurts will be a great backup in the league and a spot starter who'll win his team games you wouldn't expect them to. 

That's my take as well, but on the off chance he's Russell Wilson 2.0 I decided to pick him

3 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

2020  Rome draft class 

2.5 Justin Herbert QB Oregon 

2.6.D'Andre Swift RB Georgia 

2.10.Grant Delpit S LSU 

3.10.Ross Blacklock  DT TCU

3.14   Noah Igbinoghene CB Auburn 

6.3 Netane Muti G Fresno St 

6.10 Brycen Hopkins, TE Purdue 

6.15 Devin Devurnay WR Texas 

Second round pick 2021 

I'd be lying if I said I planned on getting more than two of these guys but we moved out of a lot of picks as our targets were sniped on four occasion the pick before us.  Despite that we are pretty excited for this class 

Herbert and swift will hopefully be our cornerstones for years to come in the backfield.  Delpit hopefully gives us a safety so I can stop hearing about how I have no one there.  Blacklock could be a pass rush force from the middle.  The real fun begins after that 

Next couple picks are complete boom bust 

Noah i.  Is known as one of the hardest workers the current staff has ever coached at auburn and he's gonna get everything out of of his vast physical talents.  Only two years into being a corner, he's either gonna learn quickly or not be around long 

Muti is the most physically dominant offensive lineman I've ever watched on film but that comes with injury risks from his massive girth, no homo 

Hopkins is probably the second most athletic TE in the class but has some dropsies issues.  He's willing too block but kinda sux at it.  Hopefully nfl coaching straightens that technique out 

Devurnay could be our slot wr burner in our four wide set that can showcase a little bit of everything with Amari, juju, Renfrow. And him 

Excited to see where all these guys land! 

I'll give this draft a C+

I really like all your 3rd round and lower picks. Blacklock could be a really good penetrating DT and I think he was selected right where he should have been. I liked the Noah pick as well, though I liked a couple of corners above him but that was a decent pick as well. Both Muti and Hopkins offer very good upside. I think Duvernay was right there with a bunch of WR I like, my only concern with all those guys are where are they going to be selected IRL because with this group of WR, some will not be in good situations.

My issue with your draft is the second rounders. I think there was a big gap this year between the top 15 players and the rest, and you chose to trade down from, if I remember correctly, 2 picks in the 1st. You ended up with Herbert - I can see the upside but I just don't think it will come together for him. Swift is really overrated imho (though remember, I suck at evaluating RBs) and I think there were better picks to make there. As for Delpit, again I see the upside and I think the tackling issues are a little overblown (Marcus Williams can't tackle, I still think he's a top 5 safety in the NFL) but I worry a bit about his character. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Counselor said:

Sacramento Sasquatch 

1.1- Joe Burrow QB LSU 

1.8- Henry Ruggs WR Bama

4.55- JK Dobbins RB OSU

14 players one less than last year. But with 2 PFA this year I’ll end up topping last year with 16. Now this is going to end up being a problem eventually with my Roster size due to my lack of draft impulse control. But I’ll deal with that when it comes. Which is interesting because my first two years I only added 8 players including PFA each draft. Not sure what came over me last year and has stuck with me now. 

As far as my class goes there are some things I like and some things I regret already. Let me take you on my journey.

It starts with my trade up for Joe Burrow. I just had to have him. What did he cost? Likely future hall of famers Jeff Okudah, Ceedee Lamb, a 2021 3rd and 7th. Yikes that’s steep. But I don’t regret it. I needed a QB and I believe in Burrow. Although I believed in Haskins also.

Secondly and my biggest regret. I was a key stroke away from having Isaiah Simmons and pick 2.9 for 1.8 and 1.12. I really regret not doing this deal the minute after Ted went forward and picked Simmons. Oh well my loss.

Another regret. My trade up for Jonathan Taylor. Hindsight of course but if I kept 3.14 and 3.15 I could have had Jaylon Johnson (who I was very high on) and JK Dobbins. Now I ended up with Dobbins anyway but it cost me my 2021 3rd. 

Another regret. The ghost of Terry McLaurin struck me again. When I made the Antonio Gibson pick I was deciding between Biadasz, Claypool, DPJ and obviously Gibson. Like last years draft I wanted McLaurin but some last minute tape watch of Christian Miller (which looking back the tape wasn’t even that good) made me decide on Miller instead of McLaurin. I did the same here with Gibson. I had extra time and started changing my board. Which is why I try and rush us through and need to learn to step away but it was even harder this year being trapped inside. I regretted it immediately and thought man I should have taken Biadasz and yes I should have. Oh well.

Last regret. More looking at more boards and rankings and knowing I had a need for interior oline depth I traded a 2021 5th for 7.1 and selected Jonah Jackson. I saw him ranked 38, and 57 on draft boards and mocked in the top 50 a couple of times. So I made the move to pick him. Now this is the biggest error. I admittedly never focused in on film of Jackson before I made the pick. I saw him watching Dobbins film but never really scouted him in particular. Looking now I see bad athletic testing numbers, a player who literally stands straight up, and has little power. So of course I traded a 2021 5th for a bust. Hope I’m wrong though. 

So lessons learned? Finish all scouting before we draft and stick to my board. Go BPA always. Stay patient, and walk away if getting impulsive. Don’t mortgage the future. These are all things I am going to attempt to do next year. Doubt I stick to it though. Oh well. 

Getting Chaisson at 2.3 and Murray at 2.8 Both are leaders and add a lot of potential to my defense. 

My fifth round picks besides Gibson. I love Amik’s game. I am a big believer in Tyler Johnson despite athletic limitations. And I am hoping Weaver can carry over some of that production on my D.

DPJ at 7.15. Having considered him at 5.12, I was excited to still get him here. There are concerns but also a lot of untapped potential. After I drafted him I had a GM asking to trade for him. The last time I had a GM try and trade for a 7th rounder I had just drafted it was SirA1 (I’m pretty positive it was him) trying to get Kittle from me... 

DPJ was my target for the last pick. Thought it was gonna be a cool story to go from big time recruit who never really produced to a humble start in the BDL as Mr Irrelevant. But you messed that all up. You chicken chaser.

2 hours ago, Counselor said:

Sacramento Sasquatch 

1.1- Joe Burrow QB LSU 

1.8- Henry Ruggs WR Bama

4.55- JK Dobbins RB OSU

You get a A- my friend.

I think your draft is the opposite of bcb's in that I like pretty much every pick you made before the 5th but I'm a little lower on what you did after. All your 1st rounders are going to be cornerstones for your team I believe, I'm not going to spend too much writing on them. Chaisson was a little inconsistent in college, but you've seen him do it against some of the best tackles in college so I think the talent is there. I do worry about Murray instincts but in the 2nd round it's an ok pick. Both RBs you got are steals in my opinion, and they are, imho, the two best in this class. In the end, you did a great job acquiring top end talent with the massive draft capital you had.

Now I think you reached on those 5th rounders, and you kinda said it yourself. You got excited about some prospects and probably should have waited a bit (especially since I think you traded up for a couple of those). Love Amik football character, but his size and fluidity worry me at the next level. I worry about Johnson and Weaver athleticism a bit, and I just don't know what role Gibson ends up playing IRL. Truth to be told, guys like Gipson really depend on the team that end up drafting him. Put him with Sean Payton, Andy Reid, Sean McVay and yes he could end up a solid weapon. If ends up being drafted by the Falcons, the Dolphins or whatever not-creative offense and I think we never hear from him again. That's my worry with this pick. I won't hate on your 7th because they're 7th, and I actually like a lot Jonah Jackson there. DPJ I just don't see it but it's 7th so might as well take a shot right?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

1.9 - Derrick Brown
1.11 - Trade for OBJ
1.14 - Tristan Wirfs
2.4 - Yetur Gross-Matos
2.12 - Brandon Aiyuk
2.14 - Antoine Winfield, Jr.
4.3 - Jeff Gladney
6.14 - Solomon Kindley
7.14 - Thaddeus Moss

The 2020 Berlin Draft

Honestly not quite how we expected it to play out, but very happy.

Brown gives us a top tier DT inside with Quinnen.  Adding OBJ and Aiyuk helps rebuild our WR room.  Wirfs was BPA and will play somewhere on the OL for us next year while Solomon was a draft crush of mine.  YGM has the size, run stopping ability, and pass rush I like in a DE behind DLaw and Zadarius.  Winfield gives us a nice young safety tandem with Thornhill.  Gladney was pure BPA and adds to the young CB corps.  Moss can play football and at least contribute in certain packages.

A solid B for me.

I'm a bit lower than most on Brown because I don't necessarily know if he's going to provide the pass rush asked for a top 10 pick, but I'd have been perfectly fine with him at 14 and Wirfs at 9 so it's fine by me. I didn't love the YGM selection tbh, he has good traits but production wasn't necessarily there and character seems to be a concern. Probably your worst pick imho. I like Ayiuk but I think he was a small reach here. Now Winfield is, I think, the best FS in this draft, I liked this selection a lot, even though it was a luxury pick. My favorite pick of yours was definitely Gladney in the 4th - had Fulton gone he would have been my pick at 3.5 and I was already super happy he was there. Kindley and Moss should have gone undrafted imho, but honestly it's a low 6th / 7th so again it's fine. 

I also liked that you went ahead and added a top 5 WR with your 1st. OBJ definitely gives you the top end threat you needed and an immediate impact player.

Singapore 2020 Draft

3.9 - Laviska Shenault 

4.8 - Bryce Hall

4.11 - Clyde Edwards-Helaire

7.6 - Jake Fromm

This is the fewest picks I have ever had for a BDL draft. Partly because I don't think it very good after the top 10-15 and partly because I used to do what Counselor is doing now and draft a ton of players only to hit on 1-2. I've drafted UDFA's in the 4th round before. 

I've got no real holes that can't be filled with this loaded FA we have coming up and was mainly looking to add guys that can help out in year 2-3.

Shenault is a versatile OW that Brady will love in the short to intermediate area. I think he's a late 1st rounder but with so much WR depth in this class I could also see lots of teams waiting on WR's til the second after the top 3.

Bryce Hall has been on my BB for 3 years. Love him as a player and I think the only reason he is going to fall is because the injury that cut his season short. This is my Desmond King 2.0 pick and a perfect fit for my Cover 3 defense.

Clyde Edwards-Helaire was not who I traded for this pick to select. It was Fromm all day and then my draft was going to be done. The value was too great though and was reaffirmed by the comments and offers I received after he was picked. He will likely be my James Conner replacement for next year. 

Jake Fromm is of course my homer pick but I think he is a franchise QB and you can't pay enough for those guys. Getting the guy I wanted for a future pick 2 years from now and middle round PFA picks doesn't bother me at all. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TedLavie said:

You get a A- my friend.

I think your draft is the opposite of bcb's in that I like pretty much every pick you made before the 5th but I'm a little lower on what you did after. All your 1st rounders are going to be cornerstones for your team I believe, I'm not going to spend too much writing on them. Chaisson was a little inconsistent in college, but you've seen him do it against some of the best tackles in college so I think the talent is there. I do worry about Murray instincts but in the 2nd round it's an ok pick. Both RBs you got are steals in my opinion, and they are, imho, the two best in this class. In the end, you did a great job acquiring top end talent with the massive draft capital you had.

Now I think you reached on those 5th rounders, and you kinda said it yourself. You got excited about some prospects and probably should have waited a bit (especially since I think you traded up for a couple of those). Love Amik football character, but his size and fluidity worry me at the next level. I worry about Johnson and Weaver athleticism a bit, and I just don't know what role Gibson ends up playing IRL. Truth to be told, guys like Gipson really depend on the team that end up drafting him. Put him with Sean Payton, Andy Reid, Sean McVay and yes he could end up a solid weapon. If ends up being drafted by the Falcons, the Dolphins or whatever not-creative offense and I think we never hear from him again. That's my worry with this pick. I won't hate on your 7th because they're 7th, and I actually like a lot Jonah Jackson there. DPJ I just don't see it but it's 7th so might as well take a shot right?

Yeah lesson learned on the 5th round for sure.

2.1 S Xavier McKinney, Alabama

2.11 C Cesar Ruiz, Michigan

3.3 OT Austin Jackson, USC

3.8 WR Jalen Reagor. TCU

3.11 OLB Julian Okwara, Notre Dame

4.4 DE Marlon Davidson, Auburn

4.14 S, Jeremy Chinn, Southern Illinois

5.2 DE, Raekwon Davis, Alabama

5.3 ILB, Malik Harrison, Ohio State

6.2 EDGE, Jonathan Greenard, Florida

6.7 ILB, Jordyn Brooks, Texas Tech

Defense was obviously my focal point. I tried to get athletic pass rushing talent and when I did offense, play making ability and sound technique (Ruiz)

4 hours ago, TedLavie said:

A solid B for me.

I'm a bit lower than most on Brown because I don't necessarily know if he's going to provide the pass rush asked for a top 10 pick, but I'd have been perfectly fine with him at 14 and Wirfs at 9 so it's fine by me. I didn't love the YGM selection tbh, he has good traits but production wasn't necessarily there and character seems to be a concern. Probably your worst pick imho. I like Ayiuk but I think he was a small reach here. Now Winfield is, I think, the best FS in this draft, I liked this selection a lot, even though it was a luxury pick. My favorite pick of yours was definitely Gladney in the 4th - had Fulton gone he would have been my pick at 3.5 and I was already super happy he was there. Kindley and Moss should have gone undrafted imho, but honestly it's a low 6th / 7th so again it's fine. 

I also liked that you went ahead and added a top 5 WR with your 1st. OBJ definitely gives you the top end threat you needed and an immediate impact player.

Fun side point, if you don't jump me for Thomas, I probably take him at 11 and see who is there at 14.  So you jumping me, while I cursed you at the time, worked out in my favor overall.

For YGM, I don't consider the hazing thing a character concern at all.  I also disagree on production.  He had 15 TFL and 9.5 sacks last year(20 TFL and 8 sacks in 2018) and was generally disruptive despite being moved all over the formation.

Aiyuk was probably a small reach, but he and Winfield were the two guys we had pegged for those spots and were happy to land them there.

I agree that Gladney will probably end up being my best value pick.

Fair point on Moss, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Kindley goes in the 2nd round IRL.