BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

But one was by choice. You are ignoring the power of choice. 

I’m not ignoring the power of choice. I’m using a different perspective of choice. 

Some of us CHOSE to be flexible in our roster decisions with plenty of cap space to spend in the Shark tank for complications related to Covid. Some of us had plans for what to do when this stuff inevitably happened. 

1 minute ago, Whicker said:

I’m not ignoring the power of choice. I’m using a different perspective of choice. 

Some of us CHOSE to be flexible in our roster decisions with plenty of cap space to spend in the Shark tank for complications related to Covid. Some of us had plans for what to do when this stuff inevitably happened. 

hi hater GIF by Andrea

8 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Ok.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Whicker said:

There is essentially no difference between Brandon Brooks and Dont’a Hightower 

I can see this point but should they count as a roster player as they technically aren't hurt, retired or on practice squad.  Many layers here we need to unpack 

I assumed Whicker chose to not sign many long term contracts in FA in approach to having to pay Mahomes almost 34k/year starting next year, but apparently he saved 38k for the shark tank. Well done.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I assumed Whicker chose to not sign many long term contracts in FA in approach to having to pay Mahomes almost 34k/year starting next year, but apparently he saved 38k for the shark tank. Well done.

I mean. I did save 38k for the Shark Tank. Thanks 

Just now, bcb1213 said:

OK let's get the easy part done first. Is anyone opposed to putting them basically on IR, as far as counting towards a roster spot 

No. If there's no difference between this and Brandon Brooks being hurt apparently, then they can't count against roster spots.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

OK let's get the easy part done first. Is anyone opposed to putting them basically on IR, as far as counting towards a roster spot 

Nope.  Shouldn't count for a roster spot.