BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

Just now, Counselor said:

I’m just calculating everyone’s cap and savings they would have on guys who have players opting out so far. But you would stand to double your current cap number. 

I would but I'm already set at every position. Shark tank wasn't a blip on my radar. The rest of my cap was supposed to go to a long-term deal for Dak but we saw how that went.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PR said:

I would but I'm already set at every position. Shark tank wasn't a blip on my radar. The rest of my cap was supposed to go to a long-term deal for Dak but we saw how that went.

You need Tackle Depth now 

Whatever y’all decide on I’ll support. I’m just here for the fun. I’ll be turning in half *** game plans all year with my son due next week it’s just what’s going to happen. Because I refuse to have a co gm. Because I’m stubborn.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Counselor said:

I’m just calculating everyone’s cap and savings they would get on players opting out so far. But you would stand to almost double your current cap number. 

Are you looking at roster sizes and if those teams even need to address anything in shark tank? Because even with Warford opting out, I can still not sign anyone in Shark Tank and be just fine. Don't paint it like the people who think it's fair to let COVID opt outs shouldn't count against the cap are purely self serving. Go back to my back and forth with SirA last week and we both suggested this and no one said a word.

Whatever y’all decide on I’ll support.

I've always been on this line of thinking as well. Won't be any melt downs here. But I'm always going to explain why I support something.

This is a fair point. Guys who strategized to save money for the Shark Tank now have other gms who didn’t save, get a pass and now have a bunch of money to spend while still getting to keep guys they signed in the future for the same years they signed them for. 

You're literally summarizing the penalty culture that PR was talking about. 

If you think Whicker saved 38k for the Shark Tank in preparation of COVID and not because he literally had NO CHOICE if he wants to bring back Mahomes next year, then I have a bridge to sell you. 

Just now, Jlash said:

You're literally summarizing the penalty culture that PR was talking about. 

If you think Whicker saved 38k for the Shark Tank in preparation of COVID and not because he literally had NO CHOICE if he wants to bring back Mahomes next year, then I have a bridge to sell you. 

I’m fine with the penalty culture. Let me know where the bridge is located. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Are you looking at roster sizes and if those teams even need to address anything in shark tank? Because even with Warford opting out, I can still not sign anyone in Shark Tank and be just fine. Don't paint it like the people who think it's fair to let COVID opt outs shouldn't count against the cap are purely self serving. Go back to my back and forth with SirA last week and we both suggested this and no one said a word.

Ok

"I'm just here to have fun"

"Whatever you guys decide is fine"

"I don't care enough"

......"I'm fine with penalty culture".

"Grapes"

Good to see you're here to be productive Counselor. 

I have no edge rushers yet on my roster and like one LB and RB. But yeah. I was just going to let my 38k sit around and do nothing this year when I could, idk, let my ~120k in expiring contracts expire and use that money for Mahomes. 

1 hour ago, Whicker said:

I have no edge rushers yet on my roster and like one LB and RB. But yeah. I was just going to let my 38k sit around and do nothing this year when I could, idk, let my ~120k in expiring contracts expire and use that money for Mahomes. 

Most of that 120K are fairly important players to your team and guys you'll have to replace or re-sign next year. You don't have 120k worth of scrubs. You need to keep as much this current cap in tact for next year by spending on 1 year contracts. Which you planned for and that's great if you want to state that as your reasoning, but don't pretend you did it in prep of COVID and try to place blame on others for not doing it.

Edited by Jlash