BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

3 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Most of that 120K are fairly important players to your team and guys you'll have to replace or re-sign next year. You don't have 120k worth of scrubs. You need to keep as much this current cap in tact for next year by spending on 1 year contracts. Which you planned for and that's great if you want to state that as you're reasoning, but don't pretend you did it in prep of COVID and try to place blame on others for not doing it.

I did it for both. I really don’t see how you can tell me why I did what I did because (?) I honestly don’t know why you don’t believe me on that. Covid has been on the forefront of my mind since March when I basically got laid off

im not meaning to blame anyone for anything. I want people to be accountable for the contracts and I want an even playing field heading into the shark tank 

I don’t want to argue anymore. @Jlash, if I ever came across as confrontational or blaming or any of that, it wasn’t my intention, and I apologize. 
I will be voting for what I honestly believe is the best and fairest way to go about this situation. I’ve said my piece 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Whicker said:

I don’t want to argue anymore. @Jlash, if I ever came across as confrontational or blaming or any of that, it wasn’t my intention, and I apologize. 
I will be voting for what I honestly believe is the best and fairest way to go about this situation. I’ve said my piece 

All good. Can't ask for anything else. 

We'll still need more people to weigh in on the first step of this and whether or not opt outs should count against your roster or not. I can't imagine many people have an issue with essentially IR'ing these guys but if someone does now is the time.

5 hours ago, Whicker said:

I did it for both. I really don’t see how you can tell me why I did what I did because (?) I honestly don’t know why you don’t believe me on that. Covid has been on the forefront of my mind since March when I basically got laid off

im not meaning to blame anyone for anything. I want people to be accountable for the contracts and I want an even playing field heading into the shark tank 

Thus penalty culture. 

18 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Guys don't suddenly not count against the cap if they get hurt.  And they aren't retiring.  

This is a special unprecedented situation. Counting them against the cap is bogus.  There is several times in the past perhaps I've made an argument to make sense or that I have actually just gave up on because it clearly wasn't going to change this is not one of those arguments.  

5 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

This is a special unprecedented situation. Counting them against the cap is bogus.  There is several times in the past perhaps I've made an argument to make sense or that I have actually just gave up on because it clearly wasn't going to change this is not one of those arguments.  

I think Ted's idea could be viable.

I think they do not count against your roster number...but half of their contract counts against the cap hit.  I think cutting it down the middle Solomon-style is the fairest way to go.

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

I think Ted's idea could be viable.

I think they do not count against your roster number...but half of their contract counts against the cap hit.  I think cutting it down the middle Solomon-style is the fairest way to go.

I disagree 100% and there isn't really a good logic to support that idea.

6 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

And I disagree 100% with the second part of your statement.

No one has any control over the fact that a player opted out. And it would set scene edit significant disadvantage as a result there is no legitimate logic that  Set fire should count against the cap for the roster limit and by the way as I said before this doesn't directly affect me but I think how much people fight against things like this that are pretty cut-and-dry is ridiculous I'm not really asking for a change I'm saying it's necessary.

Is time for the sheriff's in this league step down from their high useful and actually do something useful for once

Edited by wwhickok

The only logic I see against removing the cap hit and roster spot allocation for players that have opted out is so that unaffected teams can take advantage of the disadvantage created for opposing teams due to these opt outs.

With very few if any exceptions none of these players were acquired with the knowledge that they would not be active members of the league in 2020 which is literally the case they have opted out of being members of the NFL for the 2020 season. Theres no way their cap hits or roster spot should count against affected teams. They need to be able to make an attempt.with that cap space and roster spot to replace a player who has opted out, even if it means others might not get an easier path to bizz bowl 

7 hours ago, Jlash said:

"I'm just here to have fun"

"Whatever you guys decide is fine"

"I don't care enough"

......"I'm fine with penalty culture".

"Grapes"

Good to see you're here to be productive Counselor. 

If you have a problem with me Pm me. 

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

No one has any control over the fact that a player opted out. And it would set scene edit significant disadvantage as a result there is no legitimate logic that  Set fire should count against the cap for the roster limit and by the way as I said before this doesn't directly affect me but I think how much people fight against things like this that are pretty cut-and-dry is ridiculous I'm not really asking for a change I'm saying it's necessary.

Is time for the sheriff's in this league step down from their high useful and actually do something useful for once

This is unnecessary 

What happens if a player dies? Has there been precedent here with that? What did the league do when a player died if so? Does he stay on the team for that year even though he’s dead? Or does he get removed immediately from the roster?