BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

@Jlash @wwhickok @rackcs @MD4L @RuskieTitan @Whicker @pheltzbahr @PR @Pickle Rick @The Orca @WFLukic @bcb1213 @Ragnarok @Counselor @SirA1 @Xmad

I will launch a quick owners meeting. Same principle as last year - there will be several proposals so we will eliminate those we don't want first before choosing the one we want in the end. 

I have seen 4 proposals for now. 

1. Opt outs count as IR players - they count against the cap but not against roster limit 

2. Opt outs don't count at all - they count neither against the cap nor against the roster limit

3. Pheltz proposal - every owner has the choice to either eat the salary of the player opting out or to have them out of their roster for the year but that grants that player an automatic one year extension 

4. My proposal - for every opt out, an owner gets 1K of additional cap space for the year

There’s no point in voting now. If you have another proposal tag me

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TedLavie said:

@Jlash @wwhickok @rackcs @MD4L @RuskieTitan @Whicker @pheltzbahr @PR @Pickle Rick @The Orca @WFLukic @bcb1213 @Ragnarok @Counselor @SirA1 @Xmad

I will launch a quick owners meeting. Same principle as last year - there will be several proposals so we will eliminate those we don't want first before choosing the one we want in the end. 

1. Opt outs count as IR players - they count against the cap but not against roster limit 

2. Opt outs don't count at all - they count neither against the cap nor against the roster limit

3. Pheltz proposal - every owner has the choice to either eat the salary of the player opting out or to have them out of their roster for the year but that grants that player an automatic one year extension 

4. My proposal - for every opt out, an owner gets 1K of additional cap space for the year

I think Pheltz proposal, #3 needs to be worded more clearly like I broke it down yesterday. It's two options.

1. Players opts out, owner pays 150 or 350 depending on what he got IRL. Contract tolls to next year. Doesn't count towards roster number.

2. Player opts out, owner pays full contract value for this year. Contract proceeds as normal. Doesn't count towards roster number. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I think Pheltz proposal, #3 needs to be worded more clearly like I broke it down yesterday. It's two options.

1. Players opts out, owner pays 150 or 350 depending on what he got IRL. Contract tolls to next year. Doesn't count towards roster number.

2. Player opts out, owner pays full contract value for this year. Contract proceeds as normal. Doesn't count towards roster number. 

Pretty much and I still wouldn't vote yes for #2. But like I said, #4 is insulting in that it's pretty much " hey sorry you had 4 guys totalling 20k opt out but here is 1k for you to spend." (Hypothetical)

4 hours ago, TedLavie said:

Which option was the 150-350 option and not count against roster? A lot of us were pro that. BCB said do 50% of the contract.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PR said:

Which option was the 150-350 option and not count against roster? A lot of us were pro that. BCB said do 50% of the contract.

50% I'm against. 

Pheltz/Jlash suggested the 150-350 and no roster spot count. Which I'm in favor of. This topic will be a part of my show today. Believe that.