BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

6 minutes ago, MD4L said:

The point is we aren’t allowed to say anything positive about our players unless he’s the best in the league.

Sure you are. But overhyping a guy into something he is not is ridiculous. There is middle ground. Not everyone is elite or trash. 

2 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Not even. If I say something even remotely positive about Stephon Gilmore and Michael Thomas, you know, the OPOY and DPOY, I get chided for being a homer.

Then wwhicok comes in with his Mason Rudolph lead team at QB featuring star linemen Tyson Alualu and BJ Finnery and complains about how people are biased against him when he isn't beating teams littered with all-pros. 

Naw just the Josh Allen homering is too much for me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Agree with a lot of what you said. Matt Ryan I had the money to spend I’m almost capped on my roster limit anyway so why not spend the money? It would just be sitting there. And I’m a covid season I don’t see how bringing it a Vet like him is not worth it. I’ll three down him next year if he doesn’t do much. A year I don’t have a lot of guys to three down. Also you don’t know if you even see a capable RG or RT on my roster? Risner was all Rookie selection and La’el Collins allowed 2 sacks and I know it’s PFF but he was ranked the 5th best tackle last season by them regardless of side. 

Yeah I'm pretty sure rackcs and I discussed your RT position and I corrected myself during the show.

9 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Not even. If I say something even remotely positive about Stephon Gilmore and Michael Thomas, you know, the OPOY and DPOY, I get chided for being a homer.

Then wwhicok comes in with his Mason Rudolph lead team at QB featuring star linemen Tyson Alualu and BJ Finnery and complains about how people are biased against him when he isn't beating teams littered with all-pros. 

FIRST OF ALL A-HOLE I CURRENTLY have Rudolph and Alualu in certain positions.. when I SHOULD have been some ppl and said as much, Mason wasn't even on my roster. Dak was my QB. BJ Finney was a backup. So how about you get your facts right and stop bending everything to your narrative. 

P.S. im gonna enjoy the Mid-West Preview little boy.

Edited by wwhickok
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Sure you are. But overhyping a guy into something he is not is ridiculous. There is middle ground. Not everyone is elite or trash. 

Lol. KVN had a career high 6.5 sacks this year. Every single time I said something like “KVN with a great play” you follow up with get a room or compare him to the elite pass rushers. So yeah bc he doesn’t compare well to Chandler Jones I should be quiet.

Example #2: Carl Nassib was second on Tampa’s pass rush for sack coming into last season. When JPP gets hurt I bring this up and you tell me “wow the level of homering here is pathetic” 

If it’s not Julio/DeShaun or the guys presumably everyone know are great, my support is just shameless homering. 

this is from last years thread

MD4L 

With JPP potential done this season, Carl Nassib is their top edge rusher. 6.5 sacks last season.

Counselor 

You feel the need to hype an average player in May? Man don’t ever change. 

Obviously none of us knew Shaq Barrett would be who he was last year but this reiterate we can’t even mention the possibility of our non elite players playing moderately well. 

17 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

I feel your pain.

• Like 1

Maybe if Mekhi Becton makes an all pro team I can say he’s a good player without getting crucified. But I can only bring it up when it goes (among knowledgeable football fans) relatively to the point that everyone knows he’s a baller.