BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

10 hours ago, Counselor said:

Read an article today that Knox trained with Kittle in the offseason and that is who he tries to emulate his game after. I saw similarities between Knox and Kittle. Not saying he will become him but it’s nice to see that your eye for evaluating and intricacies in player’s games is somewhat backed. 

Where did I hype Knox on the field? When I say saw similarities I was talking about college film. Thought this was obvious. Someone point out to me where my hyping is here? Please seriously because I don’t see it at all. Used key words like the bolded. How is that hype?

I’ll say this. If this wasn’t an opinion based voting system. I wouldn’t care about the used car salesman level of homering and trying to “sell the play” of your player. But when what you are saying could be you trying to sway peoples opinions for votes it becomes pretty pathetic in my opinion which I am entitled too. We are all pretty intelligent football minds. You don’t need to sell your players. Unless you are trying to influence for votes, which again is pathetic in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, MD4L said:

Maybe if Mekhi Becton makes an all pro team I can say he’s a good player without getting crucified. But I can only bring it up when it goes (among knowledgeable football fans) relatively to the point that everyone knows he’s a baller.

Sounds like you are setting up the excuse of why we don’t buy the hype when he busts already...

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Sounds like you are setting up the excuse of why we don’t buy the hype when he busts already...

Cute response.

I don’t talk about my players at all anymore. No need to be attacked by the mob

Just now, MD4L said:

Cute response.

I don’t talk about my players at all anymore. No need to be attacked by the mob

If you have a problem with me PM me. I didn’t mention you at all in my Knox post yet you came at me. You having a bad day? Please tell me where I was hyping the player for his on field play in that post? 

6 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I’ll say this. If this wasn’t an opinion based voting system. I wouldn’t care about the used car salesman level of homering and trying to “sell the play” of your player. But when what you are saying could be you trying to sway peoples opinions for votes it becomes pretty pathetic in my opinion which I am entitled too. We are all pretty intelligent football minds. You don’t need to sell your players. Unless you are trying to influence for votes, which again is pathetic in my opinion. 

Listen if I’m talking about Carl Nassib or guys like that it’s because I’m excited and/or happy for their development. Role players and guys of that sort are clearly the extra pieces to the big names.

I rarely bring up Fletcher Cox in this thread but if you read Cuba gameplans he’s one of my difference makers. 

Besides if we’re talking about being upset and going after player votes I don’t sugarcoat these things you guys will know my opinion (i.e  - the Kelvin Benjamin days).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

If you have a problem with me PM me. I didn’t mention you at all in my Knox post yet you came at me. You having a bad day? Please tell me where I was hyping the player for his on field play in that post? 

Trust me none of this is personal. We had a discussion and disagreed about some stuff. We’ll talk through it voice opinions and move on.

• Like 1

In reality though, who here is looking to "crucify" anyone for loving their own players? I think what gets people annoyed is on a sunday afternoon going:

"Tyreek with another big play".

"You guys see that run? Huge block from my guard"

That's the stuff that's annoying. Everyone knows you love your players, that's why you pursue them, and scout them, and draft them, and sign them.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Check out this video "Intentional Sounding: Episode 3 Eur-Africa Division/Mid-West Preview" http://www.twitch.tv/bowserkatdad/v/705637614?sr=a&t=0s

Thanks for the video :)

Couple notes on Hungary write-up:

WR - Darius Slayton > Isabella

OT - Jones plays OG now, Dillard is starting.

Dt: Nick Williams is starting, not Danny Shelton.

CB: My starting group is Hayward, Griffin and Moseley. Oru and Flowers are depth.

Thanks for all of your thoughts! :)

PS: Most teams run a 3 WR set so I run 4-2-5 most of the time.