BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

34 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Meaningless without the positive PFF grade.

I’d say not (this may be sarcasm on your part) It really depends on who is praising the player. I remember back when Champ Bailey was praising Brandon Marshall in camp and saying how good he was going to be. A 4th round pick who didn’t have more than 380 yards receiving until his senior year. Champ didn’t praise anyone if they didn’t deserve it from my recollection. Brandon went on to post 8 1k seasons out of a 9 season stretch. 

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

I’d say not (this may be sarcasm on your part) It really depends on who is praising the player. I remember back when Champ Bailey was praising Brandon Marshall in camp and saying how good he was going to be. A 4th round pick who didn’t have more than 380 yards receiving until his senior year. Champ didn’t praise anyone if they didn’t deserve it from my recollection. Brandon went on to post 8 1k seasons out of a 9 season stretch. 

From an evaluation perspective Becton’s physical frame was definitely appealing to me. If he’s in premier shape and maintained that elite movement ability he checks a lot of boxes for what a franchise LT plays like. The good news is encouraging but the census will remain uncertain until there’s game experience.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MD4L said:

From an evaluation perspective Becton’s physical frame was definitely appealing to me. If he’s in premier shape and maintained that elite movement ability he checks a lot of boxes for what a franchise LT plays like. The good news is encouraging but the census will remain uncertain until there’s game experience.

As it should. But still something to get excited about.

I find it incredibly amusing a guy IRL is using BDL level negotiating tactics on me.  I'm glad it was by email, because I probably would've cracked up if it was a face to face.

To expand:  He used the ole "..well let me know cuz I have a few offers already."  He doesn't have any offers.

Edited by pheltzbahr
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, PR said:

Gents we need to get the vote done. Can we pull it together?

Vote on what? We all know what we are doing already. Idk why its being put off. Frankly it's ridiculous and at this point. Pathetic.

1 week til the shark tank brw. Aug 24th we just need a specific time it starts. Ppl that are supposed to be in charge need to start doing something productive

3 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Vote on what? We all know what we are doing already. Idk why its being put off. Frankly it's ridiculous and at this point. Pathetic.

1 week til the shark tank brw. Aug 24th we just need a specific time it starts. Ppl that are supposed to be in charge need to start doing something productive

He's talking about the player opt outs