BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

36 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

@PR @MD4L @Jlash @Counselor @Pickle Rick @The Orca @SirA1 @pheltzbahr @Whicker @WFLukic @wwhickok @bcb1213 @RuskieTitan @TedLavie @Xmad

If you have a proposal you would like to officially put forward for the opt-out, please quote this post with your fully typed out proposal.  

Then we can take the quoted messages and copy-paste them into a new voting thread.

I'll make a new voting thread in about 48 hours to give everyone time.

Pheltz proposal - Every owner has the choice to either eat the salary of the player opting out or to toll the players contract for one year.  If you choose to toll, you will receive a cap hit of 350 or 150 based on what the player's RL hit is.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

Pheltz proposal - Every owner has the choice to either eat the salary of the player opting out or to toll the players contract for one year.  If you choose to toll, you will receive a cap hit of 350 or 150 based on what the player's RL hit is.

Im voting this btw 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pheltzbahr said:

I second this proposal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

Pay 50% of salary down to 501 

Also I'd highly suggest locking anyone on the other proposal so it doesn't become a free sub 500 cut/three down 

Does the contract toll? Does it run as normal?

Just so we don't have to do this later. 

13 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

It should be a discussion that leads to a decision. 

Here is a serious question, who is actually in charge in this lg?

Lololol 

You mean like I was trying to do in the other thread by breaking it down and ya'll were like nope 

58 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

We'll make it owners choice seeing how that's popular 

Are they locked on the roster? Are they free to be moved? Stop being so difficult and start being specific. I don't know what your deal is, but it's childish. 

57 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

It should be a discussion that leads to a decision. 

Here is a serious question, who is actually in charge in this lg?

42 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Lololol 

You mean like I was trying to do in the other thread by breaking it down and ya'll were like nope 

It's been discussed. Submit your FULL proposals, we'll vote on FULL proposals. 

A couple weeks ago everyone started bringing forth proposals, they outlined them. Now there's a handful of people who either don't remember them, or are trying to mix and match. If you liked different parts of different proposals, then put it all together and we'll vote on it. 

We don't need to be this fragmented. 

And WW to answer your question, no one is in "charge" of the league. That's why the majority has to vote on changes. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jlash said:

Are they locked on the roster? Are they free to be moved? Stop being so difficult and start being specific. I don't know what your deal is, but it's childish. 

It's been discussed. Submit your FULL proposals, we'll vote on FULL proposals. 

A couple weeks ago everyone started bringing forth proposals, they outlined them. Now there's a handful of people who either don't remember them, or are trying to mix and match. If you liked different parts of different proposals, then put it all together and we'll vote on it. 

We don't need to be this fragmented. 

And WW to answer your question, no one is in "charge" of the league. That's why the majority has to vote on changes. 

Well mine was on the list.  50% salary down to 501.  The other parts can be discussed.  That's the whole reason I wanted to put it in small increments in the first place. 

Maybe people like one part but not another.  It's dumb to have that the proposal has to be all three or four of these things or none of it imo 

12 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Well mine was on the list.  50% salary down to 501.  The other parts can be discussed.  That's the whole reason I wanted to put it in small increments in the first place. 

Maybe people like one part but not another.  It's dumb to have that the proposal has to be all three or four of these things or none of it im

Why not just add those different scenarios as different proposals? I would not liked to get 'locked' into one potential scenario just based on how I viewed the first part of the proposal and not the whole act.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Why not just add those different scenarios as different proposals? I would not liked to get 'locked' into one potential scenario just based on how I viewed the first part of the proposal and not the whole act.

Can do that too but it leads to like a dozen options to vote on instead of like four 

I think all opt outs that a contract is decreased should be locked. This gives wiggle room for teams that choose to not toll the contract to trade the player while those that choose to toll have committed to keeping the contract until next off-season.

Edited by PR
  • Like 1