BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

Pre Season Draft Self Assessment with Moderate Self Bloviation (Grades for 2020 season impact based on talent*opportunity/draft position)

1.7 - Jerry Jeudy, WR - DEN:  Starter opposite Sutton puts him in a position to use plus route running against singles in man.  Might have to wait for Broncos QB of the future to truly breakout, don't have a ton of faith in Lock.  A

2.7 - AJ Epenesa, DE - BUF:  Bench/Situational role to start the season.  Hasn't made the most of his opportunity as a RL 2nd rounder as he hasn't made much of a splash in camp to warrant play time in a vet crowded DE group.  D+

2.15 - Tee Higgins, WR - CIN:  Rotational role (WR3/4) to start the season, although could be a surprise starter opposite Green if healthy.  Missed some time with a hammy in a period where he could have locked up a starting position.  Will have opportunity sooner rather than later to develop repoire with Burrow when AJ goes down.  C+

3.7 - Zack Baun, LB - NO:  Will play ST early and probably rotate in on sub packages early.  Swiss Army Knife will find a role this season and hopefully it expands as opportunity presents itself.  C-

4.6 - Damon Arnette, CB - LVR:  Starter opposite Mullen is the real deal, Raiders comfortable enough from what they saw in camp to cut Amukamara.  Have 11/15 circled on my calendar, cuz he's gonna be covering Jeudy.  A

4.12 - Lloyd Cushenberry, C - DEN:  Has great opportunity to start at C as a rookie, all reports are he can handle it.  Lock/Cush is a very young duo, I expect there to be growing pains, but I don't need him to start for me yet.  B+

4.16 - Adam Trautman, TE - NO:  Buried on the depth chart and likely won't make an impact unless injuries or ineffectiveness in front of him.  Has all the tools, but prob won't see what he can do til next year.  D+

7.4 - Shane Lemieux, G - NYG:  Won't play unless an injury to someone on the interior O Line.  Has been playing all 3 spots, so he likely will some action at some point this year.  He nasty.  C-

PFA 7 - Terrell Burgess, S - LAR:  Got invaluable 1st team reps when Rapp was injured.  Might see the field in sub packages C-

PFA 26 - Davion Taylor, LB - PHI:  Dude's only been playing football for 5 years.  Hopefully makes an impression on ST that leads to subpackage work.  C-

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WFLukic said:

Taylor Decker getting the bag huh. Glad to lock him down pretty reasonably.

I was going to ask "there aren't 16 other tackles out there who at least have better upside than Taylor Decker?" but then I looked and I don't think there are.

For the record, that realignment would look like this:

Atlantic Division

Camden

Gotham

Lancaster

Philadelphia (If EPC wanted to move Pete there)

Oceanic Division

Seoul

Singapore

Antartica

Cuba

Mid-West Division

OKC

NOLA

Sacramento

Las Vegas

Eur-African Division

Berlin

Hungary

Ivory Coast

Rome

Edited by wwhickok
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

For the record, that realignment would look like this:

Atlantic Division

Camden

Gotham

Lancaster

Philadelphia (If EPC wanted to move Pete there)

Oceanic Division

Seoul

Singapore

Hawaii

Cuba

Mid-West Division

OKC

NOLA

Sacramento

Las Vegas

Eur-African Division

Berlin