BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

9 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Idk why swift stock down.  Kerryon was gonna be short yard guy which is all AP will do 

Swift is getting over a leg injury that caused him to miss so much time that Johnson is expected to start. I've seen people suggest Peterson's signing means Swift still isn't quite healthy.

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Swift is getting over a leg injury that caused him to miss so much time that Johnson is expected to start. I've seen people suggest Peterson's signing means Swift still isn't quite healthy.

Possibly.  Their OC is AP old coordinator from minny so I imagine that had more to play into it than anything else 

• Like 1

Apparently the Saints tried to get the Browns to sign Clowney, pay a $5 million signing bonus, then trade him to New Orleans for a 2nd round pick so the Saints could circumvent the salary cap. League office got word of it and effectively nixed the deal. That's some BDL "technically it's not against the rules!" bullsh!t if I ever saw it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

Apparently the Saints tried to get the Browns to sign Clowney, pay a $5 million signing bonus, then trade him to New Orleans for a 2nd round pick so the Saints could circumvent the salary cap. League office got word of it and effectively nixed the deal. That's some BDL "technically it's not against the rules!" bullsh!t if I ever saw it.

When have we done that in BDL. They lock for the year once they are signed