BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

24 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

Who was supposed to post the Rome/IC game?  Post it pls.

Me.  I was waiting to see if I got anything from IC this week.

Plus, I had to fly into Pensacola yesterday to drive my mom to Lakeland today through the hurricane cause she has open heart surgery tomorrow, and then I have to drive her to the Keys Thursday assuming the surgery goes well, so I am a bit tight on time.  

I'll post the Rome/IC thread at some point tomorrow, I think the waiting room at the hospital has wifi.

Worst case, I don't post it and Rome wins the week with one vote which might actually be for the best because it would make the most sense for playoff rankings.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

Plus, I had to fly into Pensacola yesterday to drive my mom to Lakeland today through the hurricane cause she has open heart surgery tomorrow, and then I have to drive her to the Keys Thursday assuming the surgery goes well, so I am a bit tight on time. 

Good lord, sorry to hear that Rags.

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I'll post the Rome/IC thread at some point tomorrow, I think the waiting room at the hospital has wifi.

Worst case, I don't post it and Rome wins the week with one vote which might actually be for the best because it would make the most sense for playoff rankings.

Yeah i don't like the idea of one team getting massive free amount of votes 

Just now, Blue said:

Good lord, sorry to hear that Rags.

She is very healthy and it's a moderately routine surgery so she should be fine.  I truly appreciate the concern.  But my parents are divorced, mom isn't remarried, and I am the next of kin/executor of her will so I got the fun job of being here this week.  

And my mother...decided to tell me this 6 days ago so it's been a bit of a hassle considering she didn't even have a will when she told me.  

Hooray for boomer parents.  

• Like 3

Can I call an emergency owners meeting to vote on one thing?

If I team does not turn in any gameplan, they automatically lose that week and the winning team is allocated 8 votes in their favor and the losing team gets 1 vote in their favor(assuming their owners vote).

That's half the number of owners so it benefits the team who put in a gameplan without giving them a 15-1 victory and it codifies what we do if someone doesn't get any gameplan in at all.  

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

Can I call an emergency owners meeting to vote on one thing?

If I team does not turn in any gameplan, they automatically lose that week and the winning team is allocated 8 votes in their favor and the losing team gets 1 vote in their favor(assuming their owners vote).

That's half the number of owners so it benefits the team who put in a gameplan without giving them a 15-1 victory and it codifies what we do if someone doesn't get any gameplan in at all.  

I'm honestly surprised this is still an unresolved issue.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

I'm honestly surprised this is still an unresolved issue.

Sometimes we move slow or in the wrong direction.  but we have been good about owner participation for a few years.

But I do think this..."If I team does not turn in any gameplan, they automatically lose that week and the winning team is allocated 8 votes in their favor and the losing team gets 1 vote in their favor." is a pretty good compromise.

17 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Focus on your family man. This stuff is just isn't fluff.

6 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Sometimes we move slow or in the wrong direction.  but we have been good about owner participation for a few years.

But I do think this..."If I team does not turn in any gameplan, they automatically lose that week and the winning team is allocated 8 votes in their favor and the losing team gets 1 vote in their favor." is a pretty good compromise.

I like the 8 points instead of 15

Just now, PR said:

Focus on your family man. This stuff is just isn't fluff.

Honestly, y'all are the best distraction/support group I could ask for.  She goes in at 6 am tomorrow so it is what it is at this point.  That said, not doing this would be worse than doing this.  

• Like 2