BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

Honestly, y'all are the best distraction/support group I could ask for.  She goes in at 6 am tomorrow so it is what it is at this point.  That said, not doing this would be worse than doing this.  

Well, I hope things go as smoothly as expected.

15 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Can I call an emergency owners meeting to vote on one thing?

If I team does not turn in any gameplan, they automatically lose that week and the winning team is allocated 8 votes in their favor and the losing team gets 1 vote in their favor(assuming their owners vote).

That's half the number of owners so it benefits the team who put in a gameplan without giving them a 15-1 victory and it codifies what we do if someone doesn't get any gameplan in at all.  

Yes this has always been a gripe with me. However not everyone votes on every game so 8 votes is still probably more than some of our games get lmao.

8 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Honestly, y'all are the best distraction/support group I could ask for.  She goes in at 6 am tomorrow so it is what it is at this point.  That said, not doing this would be worse than doing this.  

I feel you on being the person responsible. A little different of a situation but my mom slipped on something on the ground in a grocery store and completely destroyed her hip on Christmas Eve. So all Christmas and after for a bit was spent in the hospital. I’ll tell you what. ER is a crazy place on Christmas Eve.

• Like 1

Just now, Counselor said:

Yes this has always been a gripe with me. However not everyone votes on every game so 8 votes is still probably more than some of our games get lmao.

If I don't get a gameplan in until Monday afternoon, Tuesday morning, or none at all, I would expect to get more than 8 votes against me...because I almost always would.  I have seen that many times.

So if anything, I think it is kinder to someone who has something come up where they can't get a gameplan in on time.  That way, if they want to risk losing more votes if they are an hour late for the chance at a win, they can.  If not, they know where they will stand.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Me.  I was waiting to see if I got anything from IC this week.

Plus, I had to fly into Pensacola yesterday to drive my mom to Lakeland today through the hurricane cause she has open heart surgery tomorrow, and then I have to drive her to the Keys Thursday assuming the surgery goes well, so I am a bit tight on time.  

I'll post the Rome/IC thread at some point tomorrow, I think the waiting room at the hospital has wifi.

Worst case, I don't post it and Rome wins the week with one vote which might actually be for the best because it would make the most sense for playoff rankings.

BDL first, then everything else.  You know the rules dammit!

20 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Can I call an emergency owners meeting to vote on one thing?

If I team does not turn in any gameplan, they automatically lose that week and the winning team is allocated 8 votes in their favor and the losing team gets 1 vote in their favor(assuming their owners vote).

That's half the number of owners so it benefits the team who put in a gameplan without giving them a 15-1 victory and it codifies what we do if someone doesn't get any gameplan in at all.  

Approve.   Best to your Mom. My Dad, who is 137, is in rough shape too.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

Approve.   Best to your Mom. My Dad, who is 137, is in rough shape too.

My mom is roughly half that age minus a few years, so she should be fine.

That said, if we can get an actual vote on this idea, I think it would make our lives much easier.

Just now, Counselor said:

I vote yes

Plus, that way if someone just has a week where life sucks, they lose the game but only drop by 7 votes(8 against, 1 for) which isn't a killer.  That can be made up.  

And let's be honest.  We all know how it'll go when a gameplan is submitted very late.