BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

13 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Can I call an emergency owners meeting to vote on one thing?

If I team does not turn in any gameplan, they automatically lose that week and the winning team is allocated 8 votes in their favor and the losing team gets 1 vote in their favor(assuming their owners vote).

That's half the number of owners so it benefits the team who put in a gameplan without giving them a 15-1 victory and it codifies what we do if someone doesn't get any gameplan in at all.  

First of I wish your mother the best. I've been there a year ago with my father, I know this can be concerning. 

I would vote against that. I understand the point differential aspect but we've seen many blowouts because owners didn't have enough motivation, or healthy players, to submit a good gameplan throughout the years. Why would you penalize bcb this week but now owner X who faces a depleted Portland or an unmotivated Seoul in week 12? Also it would open some s*** like people not submitting gameplans to lose only 8 to 1 when they don't feel they can compete on any given week. 

I would be OK with it if a team is gone for a full year, but that's about it I think. 

• Like 1

Just now, TedLavie said:

First of I wish your mother the best. I've been there a year ago with my father, I know this can be concerning. 

I would vote against that. I understand the point differential aspect but we've seen many blowouts because owners didn't have enough motivation, or healthy players, to submit a good gameplan throughout the years. Why would you penalize bcb this week but now owner X who faces a depleted Portland or an unmotivated Seoul in week 12? Also it would open some s*** like people not submitting gameplans to lose only 8 to 1 when they don't feel they can compete on any given week. 

I would be OK with it if a team is gone for a full year, but that's about it I think. 

Anyone who does that doesn’t belong in this league and I’d like to think we have enough high character guys that would never even consider that.

Just now, Counselor said:

Anyone who does that doesn’t belong in this league and I’d like to think we have enough high character guys that would never even consider that.

I agree but it's a door we open. And in the past we've seen guys benefiting from this kind of open doors tbh

Just now, TedLavie said:

I agree but it's a door we open. And in the past we've seen guys benefiting from this kind of open doors tbh

Yeah I get that. Same reason I will try my best not to trade my own draft picks. So people who own mine don’t vote against me with little to no reasoning to gain a higher pick. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

I would say take the highest game total votes (say it was 9-6 in one game) and make it to one.  So in the previous example it would be 14-1.  No reason to penalize the person who efforted

Just now, Counselor said:

Yeah I get that. Same reason I will try my best not to trade my own draft picks. So people who own mine don’t vote against me with little to no reasoning to gain a higher pick. 

I mean take this situation. It's week 12, your starting QB is out this week and you have no backup. With a 8 1 loss you go to the playoffs. With a 16 1 loss you don't. Do you submit a gameplan? I will be honest, I'm not sure I would 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

I would say take the highest game total votes (say it was 9-6 in one game) and make it to one.  So in the previous example it would be 14-1.  No reason to penalize the person who efforted

This was something I had thought of also

7 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

I mean take this situation. It's week 12, your starting QB is out this week and you have no backup. With a 8 1 loss you go to the playoffs. With a 16 1 loss you don't. Do you submit a gameplan? I will be honest, I'm not sure I would 

I would. But that’s me.