BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

I do know people need to remember there is no such thing as an unstoppable player. Some of the league seems to think otherwise. A vote shouldn’t be based on a singular player. It’s one thing to perhaps have a ‘swing mentality’ based on a player or positional battle but to literally suggest a player can’t be stopped which was present in at least one game this week and several last season... its silly

7 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Just remember what I said about people making it obvious they don’t read gameplans and voting blindly. Don’t say I didn’t give a warning

The Game plan isn't what I vote on. I use it as a tiebreaker. It's how I have voted for about the last 5 years. Not going to change things now.

Literally most people just vomit words and try and create something that covers every possibility. See Seoul's If/Then statements as an example. This is a cop out IMO. Pick one Strategy and roll the dice. It's up to the voter to use their imagination to decide games IMO.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SirA1 said:

The Game plan isn't what I vote on. I use it as a tiebreaker. It's how I have voted for about the last 5 years. Not going to change things now.

Literally most people just vomit words and try and create something that covers every possibility. See Seoul's If/Then statements as an example. This is a cop out IMO. Pick one Strategy and roll the dice. It's up to the voter to use their imagination to decide games IMO.

BUT do you read the gameplan?

I agree with your “all bases” statement. It is basically the same thing as treating a player like there is nothing you can do to stop them.

i get taking into account a players irl performance because it helps determine how good a player can potential do within this setting. But at the end of the day it isn’t fantasy football either, not really. 

I pay attention to the “if/then” statements when they Imply there is no way the opposition can out Coach the,m. I’m sure I do it to but I don’t mean to. It usually takes me about 3 hrs to write a gameplan because I try to be both realistic and methodical. I try to cover as much as i can while acknowledging i can’t stop everything all the time.

what pisses me off is when people cast votes and claim they read the gameplan or looked at the roster but can’t identify glaring contradictions to the logic of their vote.

The TLDR thing that bcb does at the end of the posts, I get it, but I don’t think it should be included. Find a few minutes to read the gameplan and make a real decision for yourself. Not reading the gameplan, IMO, isn’t okay. And casting votes blindly without any kind of explanation or logic, imo, shouldn’t be okay either.

i do COMPLETELY understand that we all have lives and like Rags we sometimes have things come up and im cool with that.but when we can give effort, we should be

17 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Not all of them. And it has saved my sanity.

Same here.  If one team is completely outclassed, I will typically just skim the write up to make sure the better team has something functional down.  And sometimes my eyes just glaze over on exceedingly long write ups that try to cover every possible scenario.

• Like 1

Just now, Ragnarok said:

Same here.  If one team is completely outclassed, I will typically just skim the write up to make sure the better team has something functional down.  And sometimes my eyes just glaze over on exceedingly long write ups that try to cover every possible scenario.

I do get that, but you’re still at least looking at the gameplan. And I’d you know a team is outclassed, I mean sadly sometimes the gameplan won’t make a difference. 

I think that was the case with me and Portland. I think both teams have elements that are better than the other but EPC had no input on the roster makeup and no time to fix some deficiencies. He knew the score before the vote. He had already added a major piece in Heyward so when we meet again I’ll have to get creative.