BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

Guys, we have a long season and there will be plenty of time for us all to ***** at each other for everything imaginable.  Let's tone it down a little please.  Otherwise we will all burn out.  

While I agree with you, I feel strongly that I have a legitimate point . But I’ll leave it at that and move on.

5 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

If you don’t know who owns what team.... 

anyway as far as the bolded, no I didn’t. I said that the league deserved better than b.s. illogical bias votes.

Youre not stating the reason now because YOU NEVER HAD ONE. Nobody is crying so let’s cut out the 3rd grade insults. I stated a very clear, factual point and instead of providing your logic you got defensive and dodged it. You attempted to make me look like the bad guy as though I was wrong when it’s been clear this entire time, I’m actually 100% correct. 

I told you, read my posts in game thread and it should be clear as my reason. Obviously you cant/won't read them and just want to cry. Do you not know what defensive looks like lmao. You went straight to the reasons above, didnt even ask me. 

5 minutes ago, The Orca said:

I told you, read my posts in game thread and it should be clear as my reason. Obviously you cant/won't read them and just want to cry. Do you not know what defensive looks like lmao. You went straight to the reasons above, didnt even ask me. 

How often do defenses run nickel and dime against I formations ? I asked you to explain why you thought they had a better team. You have yet to do that. 

if they have no DL on the field or at least not scheme fitting DL, how can they possibly stop the run? Oh and they barley have any LBs... I mean seriously please explain this to me. And seriously cool it with the crying remarks. It’s not helping your case.

if you can give me a REAL logical explanation, I’ll admit I was wrong and apologize. I’ll wait I got all night.

Edited by wwhickok

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

How often do defenses run nickel and dime against I formations ? I asked you to explain why you thought they had a better team. You have yet to do that. 

if they have no DL on the field or at least not scheme fitting DL, how can they possibly stop the run? Oh and they barley have any LBs... I mean seriously please explain this to me. And seriously cool it with the crying remarks. It’s not helping your case.

if you can give me a REAL logical explanation, I’ll admit I was wrong and apologize. I’ll wait I got all night.

Its football. How can teams who stupidly are playing with 10 players makes stops, make tackles for loss, etc. You can also get around it where it's not an auto loss imo and I believe his team is clearly better than you. If not down a man he beats you by 21+. Its not close imo. You ain't stopping him and i think he has a decent shot to stop you enough for his offense to outscore you. Your team is lacking in many areas that his is far far superior than you, especially at the skill positions. Meaning once again his offense will control the game imo. Instead of a blowout, they pull off an upset based on numbers and beat you in a close game. Once again...his team is still better than you even down a man. That is my opinion and if you read the other posts you should/could have seen it there as well 

If you want more detail, your QB is old, your line bad, your WR only have 1 guy I think is solid. Teams down a man ain't just rolling over they adjust their splits or change alignment some. Even if it's not in the game plan its fair to assume. So again you ain't winning this game. You lose. I'm not bowing to your auto loss theory when it so clear imo his team is better and would overcome the disadvantage. He'll, you can move a LB down and a DB to LB or really anything. But even if its played with 10 people, he pulls off the statistical upset imo 

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

@Pickle Rick and @The Orca co owners can’t vote on the same matchup, even though your votes cancel each other out in the Portland/WSR Game they still can’t happen as it it adds to the votes at the end for tiebreakers and such.

On 9/13/2020 at 3:56 PM, rackcs said:

BDL 2020 Week 1

Match:  Gotham Gashslayers @ Cuba Smugglers

Away Owner: @pheltzbahr

Home Owner: @MD4L

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both

Just not in our matchup based on the repeated rules posted 

Also anyone on the board can vote so the numbers are fine

Edited by The Orca

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

@Pickle Rick and @The Orca co owners can’t vote on the same matchup

They can, just not on their team's matchup

Also, pretty brutal going from tied up at 5-5 to losing 5-10 near the end here. Thought it'd end up a lot closer than it did. Good game Jlash, that's a tough team to game plan against. I hope my offense is a little healthier when we play again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

@Pickle Rick and @The Orca co owners can’t vote on the same matchup, even though your votes cancel each other out in the Portland/WSR Game they still can’t happen as it it adds to the votes at the end for tiebreakers and such.

According to the rules co-owners can vote on every game but our game.  Its what I was also told last year.  So we both voted in every game last year except ours where only I voted.  

• Like 1