BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

It's their first week.  I am not gonna assume they have a total understanding of everything.  I will also not assume they purposely voted against any particular owner after one week.

I’m talking about Orca! It ain’t his first week or his first season. Let’s stop making excuses for ppl shall we. Eventually you’ve gotta take the blinders off

7 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I’m talking about Orca! It ain’t his first week or his first season. Let’s stop making excuses for ppl shall we. Eventually you’ve gotta take the blinders off

For some reason I thought they took over this offseason.  I blame it on 2020 being 17 years long.

This has nothing to do with blinders.  

• Like 1

Week 1 Rookie Report: First Round Picks

1.1 Joe Burrow QB Bengals- It’s going to be a long season with that Oline in front of him. He made some positive plays and made some crucial mistakes. His Scramble ability was on display and his poise to bring Cincy back down the field at the end of the game for a chance at the win was nice to see out of him in his first start even though they fell short. Grade: C+ #NFLKickers

1.8 Henry Ruggs WR LV- I don’t think it was any surprise that myself as most had Ruggs as the third receiver in the draft (some even lower). A little tid bit into this pick I almost completed a trade for Isaiah Simmons, but once I kept the pick I was hoping for Lamb or Jeudy, both went 6 and 7 before my pick at 8. I liked Ruggs enough though and he was my 8th ranked player on my board and his explosiveness and sure hands were green lights for me. He showed some nice ability in week 1 although I think he could have hit that second gear and scored on his 45 yard Catch and run. He had two end arounds also which shows the versatility of how they will use him. He did take a hit that took him out of the game for a bit and that was a concern with his size was durability. He’s healthy though and returned to the game. I like what I saw for a first game. Grade: B-

1.11 CJ Henderson CB JAX- I was iffy on this pick contributing early but really loved the athletic profile and the tape. There were flaws that were coachable and his effort in tackling left a lot to be desired. Well the kid was fantastic on Sunday. 4 PBUs including an INT. Some solid plays in the run game including a big stop on third down. A final drive ending PBU against Hilton to the Colts drive. It’s PFF so take it how you will but they still measure all players the same and he was the 4th best ranked corner against the run and 5th best against the pass in week 1. If he can keep this play up I am extremely excited about him. Grade: A

1.12 Jedrick Wills Jr. OT CLE- Jed was my number 1 lineman in the class even as a UGA fan. I was happy he was going to get a shot at LT in Cleveland once that was confirmed. Reports were he struggled with the transition in camp. He was pretty much a ghost in the game that I watched which for an Olineman doesn’t mean it’s a bad thing. He did have a sack and a penalty credited to him. Going against Calais Campbell though I thought he played solid. He did get hurt though and had to leave the game. Xrays were negative. Grade: C

Round 2

2.19 K’Lavon Chaisson EDGE JAX- My second rookie Jax defender played a lot more than I thought he would. He is a project and a big boom or bust player. He played 46 snaps which for a rotational end I am happy about. He had an INT that was called back by a roughing the passer penalty I believe it was. He had pressure on the Hendo INT and with more experience could develop into something for that defense. Still raw and a long way to go. Grade: C+ 

2.24 Kenneth Murray LB LAC- I was a big Murray fan. Not a fan of his coverage play at OU because they didn’t use him there much despite tremendous athleticism. But I loved his leadership and fly to the ball nature. I saw some tackling technique work that needed to be worked on and still does at this level. But a starter in a players first game as a rookie earns a passing grade automatically for me. But he has a lot to improve on still. I’m hoping I see more from him soon, because he has the talent and leadership to be special. Grade: C

2.25 Jonathan Taylor RB IND- Gave up a lot to go up and get him and likely should have just kept my thirds and would have had Dobbins and CEH as well as another player as I wanted two rookie RBs at least in this class and those were my next two on my board. Taylor surprised me as a pass catcher on Sunday, but his YPC were lacking against the Jaguars D and I need to see better play in the run game. With Mack’s injury I will see plenty of it. Definitely a nice committee back for me in Sacramento for the time being. I saw some explosiveness that I did like and think he will build on this performance. Grade: C+