BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

9 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

I'm dumb and didn't put a time limit on my game threads.

Rome 11 IC 2 - Assuming Orca switched his vote due to his misunderstanding

That was one of the most blatant forced manipulation of his vote if I've ever seen, and unbelievable backtracking to join the herd mentality.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Yea, Fluker has literal years worth of experience at guard.

edit: Also, looking into that game, didn't realize my rookie Tyre Philips started at guard over him. Surprised.

You should Google Fluker.  Dude literally lost half his body fat this offseason.  Crazy 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WFLukic said:

I think the way that Sacramento v Antarctica result went was pretty inexplicable.

Timmy Jernigan played 29% of possible defensive snaps this week and has been constantly injured in years gone by. I don't see any way that Buckner as the only full-time DT was going to stop the run. If you think Antarctica has a better team that's fine - I think they do too, but they would've really struggled that game on defense. 

All his RB's played the same or less.  And are rookies that are gonna struggle.  To say that about me, you would have to say the same for him, he would be struggle running the ball against air 🤣

7 hours ago, WFLukic said:

I think the way that Sacramento v Antarctica result went was pretty inexplicable.

Timmy Jernigan played 29% of possible defensive snaps this week and has been constantly injured in years gone by. I don't see any way that Buckner as the only full-time DT was going to stop the run. If you think Antarctica has a better team that's fine - I think they do too, but they would've really struggled that game on defense. 

If you really want to bring realism into this, make it a full 48 man gameday roster. Otherwise, pointing out a dude doesn't play 100% of the snaps in a league where realistically teams only have 3 DTs active in any given game is not moving the needle for anybody.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

If you really want to bring realism into this, make it a full 48 man gameday roster. Otherwise, pointing out a dude doesn't play 100% of the snaps in a league where realistically teams only have 3 DTs active in any given game is not moving the needle for anybody.

+1

We should also design and prepare an offensive and defensive playbook, and have those links submitted in the game threads, for voters to evaluate schemes and plays, and truly make an informed decision.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jlash said:

You guys see Casey Heyward, AFC defensive player of the week is ranked 95th out of 100 among CB's graded week 1? 

That's just a frame of reference for potential PFF'ers here. I'll never understand these grades.

I stopped looking at PFF coverage stats when I saw Desmond Trufant break up a pass on national television and they credited him with 0 breakups for the game. They either don't have eyes or have a terrible grading system.

Probably both.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Figures SirA grabs the guy I wanted. Wanted to put in my claim for Mooney last week but missed the deadline. I think he's going to start contributing here pretty soon. Cephus was a good pickup by Camden as well.

Went with Heart this week and seems like it was a good call. Also if the bears trade Robinson his stock goes up.

Edited by SirA1
  • Like 1