BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

4 minutes ago, rackcs said:

If Josh Allen can somehow become a good QB then I'm not totally giving up on Haskins. I'd like to see him on a team with more than one good receiving option and consistency at coaching before I'm willing to completely give up on him. The dude has had 3 OCs in 2 years.

That twitter link isn’t taking into account Allen was getting by because of his excellent ability as a runner. Haskins is in the Byron Leftwich/Rivers realm of a pure pocket passer.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MD4L said:

That twitter link isn’t taking into account Allen was getting by because of his excellent ability as a runner. Haskins is in the Byron Leftwich/Rivers realm of a pure pocket passer.

Yes but the point is that Allen drastically improved as a passer. I'm sure in no small measure due to the addition of actual receiving options like Diggs.

Just now, rackcs said:

Yes but the point is that Allen drastically improved as a passer. I'm sure in no small measure due to the addition of actual receiving options like Diggs.

Outside of their defensive line (which isn’t even healthy right now) Washington is the bottom tier at every position. Plus Kyle Allen prolly won’t be better than Haskins.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Outside of their defensive line (which isn’t even healthy right now) Washington is the bottom tier at every position. Plus Kyle Allen prolly won’t be better than Haskins.

That's what I think is dumb. Give Haskins the year, see if he can show you flashes. If he doesn't you're in position to grab a new QB. If he does, you can grab him some elite talent. You gain nothing by starting Allen here, you know what he is.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rackcs said:

That's what I think is dumb. Give Haskins the year, see if he can show you flashes. If he doesn't you're in position to grab a new QB. If he does, you can grab him some elite talent. You gain nothing by starting Allen here, you know what he is.

My only rebuttal is the NFC East is so terrible they’ve got a shot. I agree with you on Allen but if it came time for Alex Smith to get a chance he might very well be a spark.

51 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

So how are we gonna treat players that may technically have 2 straight byes in the event their team is forced to forfeit a game because their Coach is following in Biillicheats' footsteps?

Yo. Real talk. I need an answer to this question ASAP please.

@Pickle Rick @Ragnarok @Jlash @MD4L @pheltzbahr @RuskieTitan @bcb1213 @Counselor @TedLavie @SirA1 @WFLukic @EaglesPeteC @rackcs @Blue @PR

Edited by wwhickok