BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

Wow, I did not expect that final score against PR. I liked how my gameplan set up against his, but let's be real, I've got real depth issues everywhere.

Except, IMO, in the secondary, where I like my chances against anybody with 5 DBs on the field.

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

No, they clearly lost to the better team, I just thought it would be closer.

Actually they ARE the better team. The only thing your offense has going for it is Mahomes, Mixon, and Robinson.

Don't get mad at me. "Just Facts bro"

Edited by wwhickok

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

For someone who constantly goes on about gameplans, saying someone should lose just because their players aren't as good is sure something

I dont think OKCs gameplan was better either. Not remotely in fact.  Part of that is the fact i don't view them as having rhe offensive talent to actually accomplish their offensive gameplan. Doing what Shanahan or Reid due requires a very difference offensive skillset beyond QB than what OKC actually has.

Edited by wwhickok

Just now, wwhickok said:

I dont think OKCs gameplan was better either. Not remotely in fact. 

I went with Hungary but I don't think the matchup was one-sided enough to get this upset over. I think it was a close game where I can certainly understand why some would go the other way.

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

I dont think OKCs gameplan was better either. Not remotely in fact.  Part of that is the fact i don't view them as having rhe offensive talent to actually accomplish their offensive gameplan. Doing what Shanahan or Reid due requires a very difference offensive skillset beyond QB than what OKC actually has.

The Shanahan name is synonymous with making a particular skill position look vastly better than it is by virtue of scheme.

Just now, rackcs said:

I went with Hungary but I don't think the matchup was one-sided enough to get this upset over. I think it was a close game where I can certainly understand why some would go the other way.

And I respect that. What drives me nuts is watching people bash other teams' players only to act like their own is rhe second coming of God.

Hence the reason I spent a lot of time pointing out how these gurus actually are not a thjng.

Its cute to watch ppl get flustered when the tables are turned.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

The Shanahan name is synonymous with making a particular skill position look vastly better than it is by virtue of scheme.

Perhaps but ir also requires a level of consistency, talent, speed, and athleticism that simply does not exist on your offensive roster. 

You have 5 WRs? 1 good one, one underachieving one and 3 r hat frankly, this year, flat our auck 

As good as James White can be as a passer your only true running threat is Mixon, which isn't a bad thing but let's be honest, just like Portland did last year, OKC this year will win games because it has Mahomes.

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

Perhaps but ir also requires a level of consistency, talent, speed, and athleticism that simply does not exist on your offensive roster.

It literally does not.

Perhaps we are thinking of a different position and/or Shanahan.

Edited by Blue