BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

And with Brees playing the way he is, looks like Herbert is going to be your starter very, very soon.

You were probably one of the first people telling us Tom Brady was done too.

• Like 1

Just now, Blue said:

I was not, but feel free to try to dig up posts where I did.

I don’t think Brees is shot, I just watched him carve the Lions without his elite WR & TE. Before we get the “it’s only the Lions” nonsense we just saw Kyler Murray struggle against that same pass D but carve them as a runner.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

I don’t think Brees is shot, I just watched him carve the Lions without his elite WR & TE. Before we get the “it’s only the Lions” nonsense we just saw Kyler Murray struggle against that same pass D but carve them as a runner.

Yeah but Kyler Murray isn't good.

21 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Did you message me saying you wanted two claims per do your expect me to be all knowing 

21 minutes ago, PR said:

You have to mention it in the message that you are going for two because of an IR designation. 

I did not know this. Guess this screws my backfield plans lol.

Just now, MD4L said:

Lol. So now we’re elevating the bar to unrealistic measures. Cool.

Murray's QB rating for the season is .3 ahead of such passing luminaries as Mitch Trubisky and Nick Mullens. Since the start of last December (which is now a span of 9 games), he's thrown 13 touchdowns and 12 interceptions with 6.6 YPA.

He's making bad decisions and completing short passes for short gains to what is admittedly not a dynamic skill group outside of Nuk Hopkins, who's playing hurt. That cuts him a little slack, but more is expected from the first overall pick. I'm with @wwhickok in that it's far too early to say he's a bust, and I liked him enough as a player out of college that I certainly wouldn't throw the towel in on him yet, but the Kingsbury-Murray Cards have not come anywhere close to what people were expecting from them offensively.

• Like 2