BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

48 minutes ago, Blue said:

Murray's QB rating for the season is .3 ahead of such passing luminaries as Mitch Trubisky and Nick Mullens. Since the start of last December (which is now a span of 9 games), he's thrown 13 touchdowns and 12 interceptions with 6.6 YPA.

He's making bad decisions and completing short passes for short gains to what is admittedly not a dynamic skill group outside of Nuk Hopkins, who's playing hurt. That cuts him a little slack, but more is expected from the first overall pick. I'm with @wwhickok in that it's far too early to say he's a bust, and I liked him enough as a player out of college that I certainly wouldn't throw the towel in on him yet, but the Kingsbury-Murray Cards have not come anywhere close to what people were expecting from them offensively.

I agree with the passing problems but if we’re going to ignore Murray was hyped because his athleticism was probably touted more than any non Lamar Jackson QB since perhaps Cam Newton.

Main takeaway is even during those games you’ve mentioned Murray is (suppose to be) so good at his second ability it shouldn’t hinder him from having good games.

12 hours ago, Blue said:

Wow, I did not expect that final score against PR. I liked how my gameplan set up against his, but let's be real, I've got real depth issues everywhere.

Except, IMO, in the secondary, where I like my chances against anybody with 5 DBs on the field.

This is the type of stuff I expect Jlash to try getting away with. You’ve got Mahomes my guy there are perks to it.

And you actually have talent around. Sure the depth is awful but the starters (particularly w the DBs) are excellent. Whicker ruined a possible championship team by ignoring the league (if there’s more stuff going on perhaps so it’s obviously an excusable thing).

3 minutes ago, MD4L said:

I agree with the passing problems but if we’re going to ignore Murray was hyped because his athleticism was probably touted more than any non Lamar Jackson QB since perhaps Cam Newton.

Main takeaway is even during those games you’ve mentioned Murray is (suppose to be) so good at his second ability it shouldn’t hinder him from having good games.

Sure, but being a good runner at quarterback is like being a good blocker at wide receiver. It's a nice asset to have, but it's not what determines whether you're a good player at your position.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Sure, but being a good runner at quarterback is like being a good blocker at wide receiver. It's a nice asset to have, but it's not what determines whether you're a good player at your position.

You can get by on some games by being a running QB. Perhaps the better parable is a running QB is like an Edge who gets good sack numbers but is watershed against the run and gets zero pressure outside those sacks.

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

What makes a good qb 

4 minutes ago, MD4L said:

You can get by on some games by being a running QB. Perhaps the better parable is a running QB is like an Edge who gets good sack numbers but is watershed against the run and gets zero pressure outside those sacks.

No, the better comparison is being an edge who holds up against the run but can't rush the passer. There's value in it but that's not what anyone is looking for at the position nowadays.

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

What makes a good qb 

Being good at throwing the ball

Just now, Blue said:

No, the better comparison is being an edge who holds up against the run but can't rush the passer. There's value in it but that's not what anyone is looking for at the position nowadays.

Being good at throwing the ball

napoleon dynamite GIF

• Like 1