BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

3 hours ago, rackcs said:

Mock Draft 2.0

This was very hastily thrown together to appease Counselor's mock draft lust. I decided to play around and do a scenario where Counselor takes Lawrence 1st overall.

1. Sacramento Sasquatch (via Portland): Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson - Despite taking Burrow, SacTown grabs Lawrence here as another one of the top QB prospecs to come along in a while. He's almost guaranteed a franchise QB this way.

2. Antarctica Katabatic Beasts: Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon - Antarctica's OL has been banged up but was pretty rough to begin with. Sewell is only 20 years old but is touted as one of the best OT prospects since Orlando Pace.

3. Williamsport Soul Reavers (via Oklahoma City): Ja'Marr Chase, WR, LSU - WSR could go for one of the other QBs here but he's shown that he'll pass on a good QB talent in the draft to wait for a better one. Instead here he adds a true #1 WR. Ridley has looked good and borderline #1 level this year but Chase would create a strong duo with him.

4. Ivory Coast Black Rhinos: Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State - Tannehill is only on a one year deal and while Newton has looked very good, particularly for the contract he has, I'm not quite sure he's good enough to lead a team to the BizzBowl at this point in his career.

5. Singapore Sentinels: Trey Lance, QB, North Dakota State - Brady is not getting any younger and is absolutely finally showing signs of slowing down. The Sentinels need a developemental prospect.

6. Sacramento Sasquatch: Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State - Sacramento took Kenneth Murray last year but grab Parsons here still to be his running mate. Parsons is the last of the "elite" talents on the board.

7. Williamsport Soul Reavers (via Hungary): Gregory Rousseau, EDGE, Miami - Shaq Barrett has been slow to start the season and is only on a one year deal besides. Williamsport drafts a high upside pass rusher to play across from Burns.

8. Seoul Dragons: Caleb Farley, CB, Virginia Tech - I wasn't super happy about this pick as CB is not one of Seoul's biggest needs. It is an area of concern however and Farley is definitely worth the pick.

9. Gotham Gashslayers: Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida - Might seem weird to have a TE going top 10 but Pitts is so talented. Gotham grabs a weapon that can be used in many different ways.

10. Rome Eternals: Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama - Rome has a number of WRs entering FA and might not be able to keep many of them. Instead he can turn to the draft and grab one of the most electrifying college players in the country. Pure speed.

11. Cuba Smuggles: Marvin Wilson, INT, Florida State - This might be the only pick the same from last week. Wilson on Cuba is a match made in heaven.

12. Lancaster Werewolves: DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama - AJ Green hasn't quite panned out and was only meant to be a band aid for the position anyways. Smith is yet another Alabama playmaker. A great route runner with very good athleticism, he could be a great weapon for this offense.

13. Sacramento Sasquatch (via New Orleans): Tyson Campbell, CB, Georgia - SacTown has a lot of young CBs and adds another to the bunch here to add to the odds he ends up with a topflight duo. Campbell has really impressed me so far this year.

14. Sacramento Sasquatch (via Camden): Creed Humphrey, C, Oklahoma - Like with most of the team, Sacramento is very young on the iOL. Humphrey can come in and play any of those positions at a high level right away.

15. Seoul Dragons (via Berlin): Dylan Moses, LB, Alabama - Seoul just took Simmons, who has been struggling. I think Simmons will end up being a good player. There are many expiring LB contracts for Seoul so he grabs a partner for Simmons here who compliments his skill set.

16. Williamsport Soul Reavers: Wyatt Davis, OG, Ohio State - Not one of WSR's biggest needs but Davis will be a nice plug and play guy. You draft him and don't worry about the position for years.

1.1 Yes I’m starting to think taking Lawrence if I pick #1 is the smartest way to go.

1.6 No one cares about Linebackers. Rousseau or Farley here

1.13 Campbell is cool. Go Dawgs

1.14 Rondale Moore Baby