BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

Since I have been making Rack do one once a week I should also commit to one once a week. I will steal Racks formatting on this one. 

1. Sacramento Sasquatch (via Portland): Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon-  Not my biggest need and yes trading down with someone who wants Lawrence would be ideal but this is a no trade mock. I love Sewell’s tape. It’s like the Quenton Nelson of Left Tackles. I know this is a QB driven league and teams get by with average play at T, but this kid (turned 20 just this past Friday) is a generational talent at a very important position. So with no trade and trusting in Burrow to keep developing this is my pick here. 

2. Antarctica Katabatic Beasts: Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson- Even with Lamar on board they took Tua with their first draft pick last year. They wouldn’t do that again would they? Well here they go and this could be excellent trade capital later on or trade Tua if he shows something or trade Lamar. Who knows but this could be a shocker at 2. 

3. Williamsport Soul Reavers (via Oklahoma City): Trey Lance, QB, NDSU- They need receivers and Chase is right there. However this is a deep class again and they need a future franchise QB. With three first round picks and a multitude of other picks they can address WR later or trade up for the guy they want. But Lance is where they go here, and while not as pro ready as Lawrence he may land in a better talent situation so this could balance that out. 

4. Ivory Coast Black Rhinos: Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State - I am not steering from this pick that Rack had. Cam Newton, Tannehill, Daniel Jones, they aren’t going to be answers for IC in BDL. They have some young talent at receiver and some great defensive pieces. They need a higher upside QB and grab Fields at 4. 

5. Singapore Sentinels: Ja’Marr Chase, WR, LSU- Singapore may have been hoping for one of those QBs to fall here but they grab the top receiver in the draft and build up their weapons giving Brady a top target or whoever their QB of the future will be. 

6. Sacramento Sasquatch: Gregory Rousseau, EDGE, Miami - I need more edge presence as far as pure pass rushers on this defenses. Rousseau gives me a very raw but talented rusher to develop behind my starters. 

7. Williamsport Soul Reavers (via Hungary): Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama - Waddle to pair with Bama Alum Ridley with adding back a healthy Lazard, and Reagor and this wide receiver corps can be big play deadly. If they continue to develop and Lance becomes a franchise QB with his big arm they could be quite the threat to score a lot of points fast. 

8. Seoul Dragons: Micah Parsons, LB, PSU- Yes Seoul took Simmons at 5 last season, but he hasn’t quite found his role yet in Arizona. Seoul grabs Parsons here to form hopefully a very athletic versatile Linebacking Duo that could lead them for the next decade. 

9. Gotham Gashslayers: Caleb Farley, CB, Va Tech- Gotham adds a corner with excellent size and coverage ability here. Rhodes seems to have had some resurgence in Indy, and Arnette is a starter in Oakland while they have Xavien Howard as an upper class CB. However if this year has shown us anything you can never have enough corners. So Farley helps bolster the Gotham CB group.

10. Rome Eternals: Kyle Pitts, TE,  Florida - Rome shall move on from the OJ Howard era and welcome Kyle Pitts. Pitts has 7 TDs in 12 quarters so far this season. His height and explosiveness will give this Rome offense a matchup nightmare for opposing defenses. 

11. Cuba Smuggles: Patrick Surtain Jr., CB, Alabama - I get the Marvin Wilson love but Cuba needs to upgrade the corner spot. And while he isn’t a Florida State Player his father did play for the Miami Dolphins, so there is still a Frogs connection there. Surtain gives Cuba a cornerstone at the position. 

12. Lancaster Werewolves: DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama - I am leaving this pick as is for my main man Rack because I think he really likes Smith. And WR is a big need for him going forward with Mike Evans and Diontae Johnson the only needle movers for now until Pittman and some of the other guys can show something more. 

13. Sacramento Sasquatch (via New Orleans): Shaun Wade, CB, Ohio State - I take my favorite Corner in the class right here. Wade can hit and cover from the slot and hopefully this season he can show he can play outside. Ohio State is a corner factory and hopefully Wade can continue on with that tradition. 

14. Sacramento Sasquatch (via Camden): Rondale Moore, WR, Purdue - I have Ruggs who showed a spark today with his speed, and adding Moore with his speed and big play ability will hopefully help this young offense churn out yards and points. It will be hard to contain all of this speed. 

15. Seoul Dragons (via Berlin): Tyson Campbell, CB, UGA - Campbell has shown vast improvement since starting as a true freshman at UGA. His size and athleticism as well as his improvement in technique point towards a solid NFL career. 

16. Williamsport Soul Reavers: Carlos Basham Jr, Edge, WF- Adding Basham to that front 7 will give Williamsport more pass rush and more flexibility to run different fronts. Basham has quite the motor and his 3 sacks (1 per game) this season so far speak to his consistency. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Blue said:

Still waiting for someone to do a mock where I have picks.

I hear that.

19 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Trade for a first 

17 minutes ago, Blue said:

I've been trying

There's a guy here with a bunch of firsts...

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Real talk I am in the market for a number to wide receiver I am offering one or more 2022  Draft picks depending on quality of player

gee I wonder why no one is leaping at this offer

• Like 1