BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

14 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Gotham is in full tank mode i take it. No other way to explain that trade because Brandon Graham, as good as he is, isn't worth Wentz by himself let alone Wentz a 4th, 5th, and a quality LB

The LB is available for trade.

30 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Gotham is in full tank mode i take it. No other way to explain that trade because Brandon Graham, as good as he is, isn't worth Wentz by himself let alone Wentz a 4th, 5th, and a quality LB

Yea, I approved it because there's nothing fishy about it..but...what is the point of that for pheltz? Wentz is so bad that you had to GIVE picks to get rid of him??

Even if Wentz is due a contract next year, it's a no brainer for PR to make that deal. Get a QB you need to keep your entire season's hopes alive AND get picks with it? Sold.

• Like 1

Just now, Jlash said:

Yea, I approved it because there's nothing fishy about it..but...what is the point of that for pheltz? Wentz is so bad that you had to GIVE picks to get rid of him??

Even if Wentz is due a contract next year, it's a no brainer for PR to make that deal. Get a QB you need to keep your entire season's hopes alive AND get picks with it? Sold.

Yeah and to be clear I'm not knocking PR I mean... if someone is willing to give that to him he would be crazy to turn it down. 

47 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

It was pretty clear he was in full tank mode when he traded away DeVante 'Jerry Rice' Parker

37 minutes ago, Jlash said:

The biggest thing I didn't understand about the trade is that Hungary would be the one "desperate" for a QB. Yet somehow that equates to Gotham acting desperate? Brandon Graham also on the last year of his contract, basically a cap dump, i might look at that differently if they actually needed an EDGE but they definitely dont.

All that happened here was Gotham gave their QB, and both picks acquired in the DeVante Parker trade up for a cap dump. Trading away rhe OKC 4th instead of your own makes the trade that much worse.. I'm really struggling to understand this trade. It smells rotten. 

Edited by wwhickok

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

It smells rotten. 

Pheltz and PR are both top of the line integrity boiz though so I can't see them doing anything intentionally shady. It's odd for Pheltz to ever give away anything in a trade though, that's why it surprised me. Especially when he knows a team neeeeeeds something, he's usually ruthless. Old age, I guess.