BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

14 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Pheltz and PR are both top of the line integrity boiz though so I can't see them doing anything intentionally shady. It's odd for Pheltz to ever give away anything in a trade though, that's why it surprised me. Especially when he knows a team neeeeeeds something, he's usually ruthless. Old age, I guess.

I agree with all of that

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

You too bud 

First game I have no idea how I lost 

I almost always vote against 4 wide base lineups because it makes the offense too predictable and easier to defend. Especially without a strong RB in the backfield. Just my two cents.

7 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I almost always vote against 4 wide base lineups because it makes the offense too predictable and easier to defend. Especially without a strong RB in the backfield. Just my two cents.

Apparantly you weren't reading what I was doing with it but I'll expect to be down one every week moving forward 

6 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Apparantly you weren't reading what I was doing with it but I'll expect to be down one every week moving forward 

I did read it and I disagree that it would be effective. Don't appreciate that accusation.

It's really annoying how this year everyone seems to be saying that people who vote against them are biased or didn't read the gameplan or whatever. If you want an explanation for a vote that's fair but then don't attack the person giving you feedback just because they didn't agree with you. It hasn't been as bad since the first two weeks but cmon guys.

• Like 1

In an earlier time, I would be trying to re-up David Bakhtiari for 4 years and 16k per, the contract committee would be refusing to accept the offer because Laremy Tunsil is making $20k/year and clearly that's the market value, and then the offseason would come and Bakhtiari gets way less than that, I 3 Up him, and he misses out on over $10k in total contract value.

Also he would then proceed to blow out his knee in the first game after signing the deal and never play another snap.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rackcs said:

It's really annoying how this year everyone seems to be saying that people who vote against them are biased or didn't read the gameplan or whatever. If you want an explanation for a vote that's fair but then don't attack the person giving you feedback just because they didn't agree with you. It hasn't been as bad since the first two weeks but cmon guys.

You literally just said you won't vote for a four wr lineup.  So yes I consider that biased

5 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

You literally just said you won't vote for a four wr lineup.  So yes I consider that biased

I look at that base lineup with skepticism as well.  But you did say you'd be playing other formations.  For me, it'd be helpful if you had said how much you were using each formation.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I know I’m new here so someone explain that Carson Wentz trade to me like I’m 5, cuz I don’t get it.....

a franchise QB (although one in a slump), plus 2 picks for a 32 year old DE????

Does not compute. 

It’s a pretty bad trade but with how Wentz has been playing it doesn’t unfairly affect the competitive balance of the league imo.