BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Also, I objectively am biased because I truly believe in Carson Wentz as a top 10-12 QB in the NFL who just had a really bad start of season.

At least now I know he is likely available in FA this upcoming season

If he turns it around and plays amaze balls then maybe Dak will be the one hitting FA...

Last I'll speak on it, like I said I understand if Pheltz felt like this was the time to unload Wentz, reasons being combined poor start to the year, contract stuff and PR needing a QB. I just think he gave away a QB that another team desperately needed without actually getting anything in return. I've seen worse trades go through, I've seen better trades get vetoed. I think the trade was won by PR, but nothing malicious or collusive was done.

And don't blame us for making the trade, lastly. That's on you, grandpa. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

He may not have called my voting bias but he literally called my integrity bias  and to that I simply say **** off

Sorry, but I don't see any other reason for your apoplectic response where everyone else's is basically tepid.  Coincidence maybe, but it looks like a duck from my perspective.  If the shoe was om the other foot, there is zero question you would have brought it up.

1 minute ago, pheltzbahr said:

Sorry, but I don't see any other reason for your apoplectic response where everyone else's is basically tepid.  Coincidence maybe, but it looks like a duck from my perspective.  If the shoe was om the other foot, there is zero question you would have brought it up.

1st of all I did not apologise for anything. Secondly I simply think it is a bad trade

14 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I just feel like that was selling Wentz at the bottom basement price. His value will go up.  Especially as PR got desperate and lost a game or two with Dalton, he'd be willing to pay more. That is what I was holding on to when I was negotiating with him about Kirk Cousins.

I get benching Wentz, but selling him for that low seems short sighted. 

It probably was short sighted in that I didn't take you trading Cousins into account.  That just proves how little Wentz value is. There is literally no market for him other than PR or you if you dealt Cousins.  I was probably hasty, but I found a willing partner to take McKinney, who I would have to give a 5rh for anyway, and created a ton of cap for myself next year.  So that isn't very short sighted.

On 12/30/2019 at 2:28 PM, MD4L said:

Cuba trading block

Dalvin Cook
Julio Jones
DJ Chark
Cam Jordan
Jerry Hughes
Fletcher Cox
Arik Armstead
Richard Sherman

Updated. I’m looking for CB help, young RB w/o a current expiring deal, and of course draft picks (we have 0 picks in between round 2-5 this year). 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

1st of all I did not apologise for anything. Secondly I simply think it is a bad trade

I think its incredibly hypocritical of you to be incensed that I brought that up when YOU KNOW you would have.  Ik not accusing you of anything, just pointing out FACTS.  Maybe next time you bring something salacious up, you'll know what it feels like on the other end.  Rant done.

1 minute ago, pheltzbahr said:

It probably was short sighted in that I didn't take you trading Cousins into account.  That just proves how little Wentz value is. There is literally no market for him other than PR or you if you dealt Cousins.  I was probably hasty, but I found a willing partner to take McKinney, who I would have to give a 5rh for anyway, and created a ton of cap for myself next year.  So that isn't very short sighted.

That is always how these things work right. Everyone who you are not negotiating with always telling you how much you could get for someone that they weren't planning on making an offer for anyway...lol

I probably wouldn't have traded for him now the way my team is set up right now. I have no draft assets to give and my team is going nowhere fast 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

That is always how these things work right. Everyone who you are not negotiating with always telling you how much you could get for someone that they weren't planning on making an offer for anyway...lol

I probably wouldn't have traded for him now the way my team is set up right now. I have no draft assets to give and my team is going nowhere fast 

Thanks for your feedback, makes me feel a bit better.

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

You should trade me Andrews cause apparantly starting four 1000 yard wr is a bad strategy 

13 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

I think its incredibly hypocritical of you to be incensed that I brought that up when YOU KNOW you would have.  Ik not accusing you of anything, just pointing out FACTS.  Maybe next time you bring something salacious up, you'll know what it feels like on the other end.  Rant done.

All I have ever said was that I think that it's a bad traade and I explained why it is your opinion that I would have acted the same way so it's not a fact it is your opinion and you absolutely accused me of something

Edited by wwhickok