BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

I guess you can release him as is, but you'll be hit with the cap hit both this year and next year (only saving the roster spot). If you double down him, you eat the 6.2k this year and he's clean next year. I'm assuming the latter is what you want to do because simply releasing him this year doesn't help your cap at all, assuming that's what you want to do from your post in the other thread.

Just now, WFLukic said:

I guess you can release him as is, but you'll be hit with the cap hit both this year and next year (only saving the roster spot). If you double down him, you eat the 6.2k this year and he's clean next year. I'm assuming the latter is what you want to do because simply releasing him this year doesn't help your cap at all, assuming that's what you want to do from your post in the other thread.

But if I double.down him I also can't release him correct?

Just now, wwhickok said:

But if I double.down him I also can't release him correct?

You can still release him to save a roster spot, just not cap I'm pretty sure. If I recall correctly you can release anyone to save a roster spot. 

1 minute ago, WFLukic said:

You can still release him to save a roster spot, just not cap I'm pretty sure. If I recall correctly you can release anyone to save a roster spot. 

If he double downs and releases he saves a roster spot this year and gets the whole cap charge this year correct? 

• Like 1

Watching UGA vs Alabama and I realized why I hate college football.

30 min and only 4:00 have passed in the 1st Quarter. Way too many time stops.

I know for primetime it's for commercials but still pissed me off. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Counselor said:

If he double downs and releases he saves a roster spot this year and gets the whole cap charge this year correct? 

1 minute ago, pheltzbahr said:

As a side note, Sanu would no longer be tradeable if you double down him as you have changed his contract. 

Gets the full cap charge, and his status becomes locked. So no releasing him.