BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

Just now, Blue said:

Because I do. Just like everyone else does.

No. You don't. I don't just say things for the sake of saying them. I've made myself pretty clear recently that I believe that where a player is drafted matters a lot regardless of their talent. Is Lawrence the best QB prospect in the draft? Unquestionably. If drafted by the Jets do I believe he will live up to the hype? Not in the slightest. 

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

No. You don't. I don't just say things for the sake of saying them. I've made myself pretty clear recently that I believe that where a player is drafted matters a lot regardless of their talent. Is Lawrence the best QB prospect in the draft? Unquestionably. If drafted by the Jets do I believe he will live up to the hype? Not in the slightest. 

You have no faith in Joe Douglas Eh.  Just took a over 

Just now, Blue said:

The fact that you're claiming you would pass on Lawrence if he went to the Jets makes that very clear.

I didn't make a, as you put it, "claim". I made a statement. 

Now the more complex part is that we draft before the NFL does, but logical conclusion would suggest if the Jets end up with the #1 overall pick, they'll draft Lawrence. 

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

So you would have passed on myles Garrett and Joe Burrow too then Eh. Interesting 

Not necessarily.  The Bengals have had success with QBs imo, Carson Palmer pre injury.

Also pass rushers themselves are a different animal. 

In BDL, its easier for a Burrow or a Garrett to have eventual success. A QB of the Jets seems pretty doomed for the next few seasons cuz that team has very little talent. 

Edited by wwhickok

Just now, wwhickok said:

Do you know the definition of insanity?

It applies to drafting players that end up on bad teams that no matter what, always seem to be bad.

I don't necessarily think the 3 QB prospects you mentioned were universally seen as "great" prospects. Just because the they were taken high, doesn't mean they were viewed as great prospects by anyone but the Jets. There are tons of examples of teams reaching for QB's and it not panning out, the Jets have just done it more than anyone.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

I don't necessarily think the 3 QB prospects you mentioned were universally seen as "great" prospects. Just because the they were taken high, doesn't mean they were viewed as great prospects by anyone but the Jets. There are tons of examples of teams reaching for QB's and it not panning out, the Jets have just done it more than anyone.

You're right, let me.put this a different way. The last good QB the Jets had was Joe Namath.

• Like 1