BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

6 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Am I mistaken in thinking that if you miss the submission deadline it was an auto-loss? Or have I pulled all-night benders several times since my week 1 bender to ensure I didn't miss a deadline that doesn't exist?

This is the way it was when I 1st got here  However I feel like this rule is only applied when people want it to be

10 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Because I am going to have guys coming back  from IR so I don't actually have3 open spots

There’s a reasonable chance someone else (or multiple) will go on IR in a given week is the devil’s advocate here.

45 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I was never saying he was or was not bad in the Jets game, I was only speaking to his entire body of work

I didn't really notice him in the Jags game, but that;s usually good for O Lineman, lol.  After rags started felating him, I needed to see for myself, considering his previous felating of O Lineman.  He's a rookie, so not expecting miracles and not cementing my opinion, but he wasn't good this week.

20 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Am I mistaken in thinking that if you miss the submission deadline it was an auto-loss? Or have I pulled all-night benders several times since my week 1 bender to ensure I didn't miss a deadline that doesn't exist?

It's not an auto loss. Usually if you submit late you get the bcb penalty vote - and apparently now Counselor too. Now when you submit like 1 day late usually it is almost an auto loss even though there's nothing in the rules written like that

• Like 1

OK I am not trying to start drama but I am going to ask what I think is in extremely fair question.

What is the point in having a rule that specifically says you need to submit your game plans by 1:00 p.m. on Sunday(Game Day) if there is no penalty for late submissions and people can pretty much submit them whenever they want?

12 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

OK I am not trying to start drama but I am going to ask what I think is in extremely fair question.

What is the point in having a rule that specifically says you need to submit your game plans by 1:00 p.m. on Sunday(Game Day) if there is no penalty for late submissions and people can pretty much submit them whenever they want?

Some people penalize, some people don't.  There's plenty of rules to nitpick, but that usually leads to more rules and we know your stance on that.  Subjectivity in applying penalties to this "rule" seems extremely fair.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

Some people penalize, some people don't.  There's plenty of rules to nitpick, but that usually leads to more rules and we know your stance on that.  Subjectivity in applying penalties to this "rule" seems extremely fair.

Hi I have no problem with this stance on it my issue is if we are basically saying if you want to vote again somebody because they did not submit their game plan on time that is deemed acceptable but then that person complains about it I think that in itself is somewhat of a problem

Just now, wwhickok said:

Hi I have no problem with this stance on it my issue is if we are basically saying if you want to vote again somebody because they did not submit their game plan on time that is deemed acceptable but then that person complains about it I think that in itself is somewhat of a problem

I think if there is ever a complaint against it, it would be if someone is not consistent under the same circumstances.  I've called bcb out on that in a match where my opponent was late, yet he voted for them.  I've never seen bcb not vote against a late writeup other than that and he said he overlooked it, which I believe him.  If he ever does it to me again, I'm going to Ohio to shart in his face though.

1 minute ago, pheltzbahr said:

I think if there is ever a complaint against it, it would be if someone is not consistent under the same circumstances.  I've called bcb out on that in a match where my opponent was late, yet he voted for them.  I've never seen bcb not vote against a late writeup other than that and he said he overlooked it, which I believe him.  If he ever does it to me again, I'm going to Ohio to shart in his face though.

I might be into that tho 

• Like 1