BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

8 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Draft crushes so far for 2021?

Kyle Pitts is a big one for me. I know a lot of people like him but I just love watching him play.

Seth Williams is another for me. I can recognize and admit that he's certainly not put it all together just yet but the dude has all of the potential in the world. He also needs to have more consistent effort.

Chazz Surratt. If you read my writeups about him in my mocks you'll see why I love him. Last year was his first year playing LB ever after switching over from QB and he was I believe 3rd in tackles in the ACC and was first team All-ACC. Another dude with enormous potential.

Other guys I really like are Alijah Vera-Tucker, Christian Darrisaw, and Joseph Ossai.

25 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

I wouldn't ever want to see bcb's version of a big board.

1.  Burough 

2.  Hey burt 

3.swiftly 

4. Whirls 

5.baaaahhhhhhh

6.  Fat athlete 

7.  Yung 

8.  2a

The above is not in order 

Edited by bcb1213
  • Like 4

Just now, Counselor said:

Yep who else?

Asante Samuel Jr.?

I’ve grown on him. I don’t know if he’ll be able to stay outside and hold up against bigger receivers. If we can get a 4.5 ish 40 time we’re in a good place. If he hits under 4.5 (4.45ish) it’s going to be hard finding more than 40-50 guys better than him in the draft.

Just now, rackcs said:

Kyle Pitts is a big one for me. I know a lot of people like him but I just love watching him play.

Seth Williams is another for me. I can recognize and admit that he's certainly not put it all together just yet but the dude has all of the potential in the world. He also needs to have more consistent effort.

Chazz Surratt. If you read my writeups about him in my mocks you'll see why I love him. Last year was his first year playing LB ever after switching over from QB and he was I believe 3rd in tackles in the ACC and was first team All-ACC. Another dude with enormous potential.

Other guys I really like are Alijah Vera-Tucker, Christian Darrisaw, and Joseph Ossai.

After Kyle Pitts who are these people?

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

I’ve grown on him. I don’t know if he’ll be able to stay outside and hold up against bigger receivers. If we can get a 4.5 ish 40 time we’re in a good place. If he hits under 4.5 (4.45ish) it’s going to be hard finding more than 40-50 guys better than him in the draft.

I agree. He's good but slot only which definitely limits him.

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

After Kyle Pitts who are these people?

Seth Williams, WR, Auburn (probably a day 2 guy when it's all said and done unless he balls out the rest of the season)
Chazz Surratt, LB, North Carolina (likely first rounder)
Alijah Vera-Tucker, G, USC (day 2 guy I think, just a very solid overall guard but maybe not the most special)
Christian Darrisaw, T, Virginia Tech (only recently heard of this guy a couple of weeks ago but I like him a lot. He's a great run blocker already and I've seen flashes where he looks like he'll be a good pass blocker. Pretty athletic guy too)
Joseph Ossai, EDGE, Texas (I like him a lot because his role at Texas asks him to pass rush and drop in coverage so you don't have to project as much his ability to do one or the other. Probably a day 2 guy as of right now)

7 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Yeah high on Pitts as well

4 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I agree. He's good but slot only which definitely limits him.

Seth Williams, WR, Auburn (probably a day 2 guy when it's all said and done unless he balls out the rest of the season)
Chazz Surratt, LB, North Carolina (likely first rounder)
Alijah Vera-Tucker, G, USC (day 2 guy I think, just a very solid overall guard but maybe not the most special)
Christian Darrisaw, T, Virginia Tech (only recently heard of this guy a couple of weeks ago but I like him a lot. He's a great run blocker already and I've seen flashes where he looks like he'll be a good pass blocker. Pretty athletic guy too)
Joseph Ossai, EDGE, Texas (I like him a lot because his role at Texas asks him to pass rush and drop in coverage so you don't have to project as much his ability to do one or the other. Probably a day 2 guy as of right now)

I know Seth. Really don’t know the other guys.

I watched UNC in person and no one really impressed me except one of their CBs and Sam Howell. Howell threw up plenty of jump balls in the second half last week and those receivers kept coming down with it. It was ridiculous.