BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

2 hours ago, pheltzbahr said:

Considering you paid a 3rd and 4th for Devante Parker a couple weeks ago, I'd say its a good deal for sure.  Lets not all rape the new guy pls.

Knee injury, plus his contract year.   Probably only get 10 games of Sutton fully trusting that knee before I’d have to pay him handsomely.   Finding WR’s in the upcoming draft is the least of my worries.

Just giving my perspective. 

10 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

Knee injury, plus his contract year.   Probably only get 10 games of Sutton fully trusting that knee before I’d have to pay him handsomely.   Finding WR’s in the upcoming draft is the least of my worries.

You most likely could've gotten more for him. Feel free to reach out to people and ask opinions on trades and other things as you're learning the ropes, you'll figure out how different stuff is valued here soon enough.

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

I like it a bit more for Seoul as I think Samuels is the better player in that swap but IC needs a RB badly so it makes sense.

I think Ruskie would agree with that assessment but he had WRs to burn so to speak. With Kenyan Drake being injured and Chase Edmonds being the starter for at least a couple weeks, given he actually looked good in part time play, I think it was their best available option at RB

Just now, rackcs said:

I like it a bit more for Seoul as I think Samuels is the better player in that swap but IC needs a RB badly so it makes sense.

That was the general feeling I had during our discussions. Ultimately, Samuel is on an expiring deal and I wasn't going to 3-up him; factor in my WR depth (McLaurin, Claypool, Anderson, Davis are all ahead) with my backfield need and it was a good deal for both sides.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

I think Ruskie would agree with that assessment but he had WRs to burn so to speak. With Kenyan Drake being injured and Chase Edmonds being the starter for at least a couple weeks, given he actually looked good in part time play, I think it was their best available option at RB

1 minute ago, RuskieTitan said:

That was the general feeling I had during our discussions. Ultimately, Samuel is on an expiring deal and I wasn't going to 3-up him; factor in my WR depth (McLaurin, Claypool, Anderson, Davis are all ahead) with my backfield need and it was a good deal for both sides.

Agree with both of your points. Not a bad trade at all, I just think Seoul did win by a little.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, samsel23 said:

I get it, you could/should have gotten more for him.  If you are shopping a player, you should post a trade block in here to maximize your return.