Cowboys Staff: OL J Philbin (+STC, OC, DL)

Matts4313

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Ill start with 1. Your OL coach was the OL coach from the packers the previous year. :P

No he wasn't. And you said it happens to "literally" dozens every single year. How often do you hear of coordinators moving to a new team and keeping the same exact job? I don't think it's as common as you're claiming, that's all.

Just now, childofpudding said:

No he wasn't. And you said it happens to "literally" dozens every single year. How often do you hear of coordinators moving to a new team and keeping the same exact job? I don't think it's as common as you're claiming, that's all.

I said coaches and it does. If I am not lazy I will look it up later.

You are a browns fan right? Isnt your OL coach for 2019 the old OL coach from GB? 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

If this happened in Dallas, the narrative would be that McVay is scapegoating his coordinators for the team failures. 

:offense sucks:

Solution is to not retain your DC and ST coaches. 

Bro, settle down, it's a legit question and doesn't necessitate you going into super sensitive defensive mode.

I think it's quite possible that Fassel didn't see eye to eye on McVay on certain things, and that could be a reason why he decided to go.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

Bro, settle down, it's a legit question and doesn't necessitate you going into super sensitive defensive mode.

I think it's quite possible that Fassel didn't see eye to eye on McVay on certain things, and that could be a reason why he decided to go.

There was nothing defensive about my post at all? And I am very calm. I was simply pointing out a scenario. As far as I know, the Rams didnt attempt to retain him. His contract was up. There are multiple reports of McVay cleaning house so that he can be more hands on. 

You asked a legit question, I gave a legit answer. 

Edited by Matts4313

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

*in before you state they also had a good kicker and punter

*in before I retort "Wow, so everywhere he stops a good kicker and punter appear. But no credit to him, huh?"

In no way am I trowing crap on Fassel. But it seems like many are acting like he was the linchpin holding the whole orginization together. 

He is a good coach, Ive said it multiple times now. But our Return units were average, and where we excelled is where we have All-Pros. Those guys, who are mostly individual contributors, are still going to be there. So Im not freaking out about Fassel moving on like some are. Its no shot at the Cowboys

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

If this happened in Dallas, the narrative would be that McVay is scapegoating his coordinators for the team failures. 

Except both of their Contracts were up, they werent fired. This was all writing on the wall from last year when they werent extended coming off a Super Bowl run. They were both kept/brought in to help a very young coach with no Head Coaching experience even more so than their abilities as Coordinators

You really need to relax, none of this is taking shots at the Cowboys

Edited by StLunatic88

Just now, Matts4313 said:

There was nothing defensive about my post at all? And I am very calm. I was simply pointing out a scenario. As far as I know, the Rams didnt attempt to retain him. His contract was up. There are multiple reports of McVay cleaning house so that he can be more hands on. 

Maybe you didn't intend to be defensive, but it definitely came off that way.

"Why you asking this, it happens all the time!"

"Everyone hates Dallas!"

I'm a Patriots fan btw

• Like 1

1 minute ago, childofpudding said:

Maybe you didn't intend to be defensive, but it definitely came off that way.

"Why you asking this, it happens all the time!"

"Everyone hates Dallas!"

I'm a Patriots fan btw

Ah. I dont know why I thought you were a browns fan.

PS: I didnt use and exclamation point in either of those statements. :D!!

• Like 1