Is Nick Chubb the best runningback in the NFL?

Kiwibrown

I have watched every game from his so far in his NFL career and I'm amazed what he can do and even more amazed that he was a 2nd round pick. I don't see another RB in the NFL with his ability.

He set NFL records by being he only good player on the Browns team this year. 

The answer is no. The reason why is how can he be the best "running back" and the Browns are struggling playing football? 

Now is he a great rushing back? Yes. Can he give you something in the passing game? Yes. He isnt better than Saquon or McCaffrey. Those guys can get 20+ carries leading the team in just pounding the ball down the opponents throats and then still be great in the receiving game. What the Browns have shown me so far is they badly miss Jim Brown. If Chubb was the best back, they wouldn't miss Brown like they do. The Browns don't have an offense right now and that is forcing Baker to throw the ball to the other team a ton of times rather than lean on the running game when its clear the Browns defense is struggling badly. So again Chubb is a really good back. He is a great running back, but he isnt the best running back. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

The answer is no. The reason why is how can he be the best "running back" and the Browns are struggling playing football? 

Now is he a great rushing back? Yes. Can he give you something in the passing game? Yes. He isnt better than Saquon or McCaffrey. Those guys can get 20+ carries leading the team in just pounding the ball down the opponents throats and then still be great in the receiving game. What the Browns have shown me so far is they badly miss Jim Brown. If Chubb was the best back, they wouldn't miss Brown like they do. The Browns don't have an offense right now and that is forcing Baker to throw the ball to the other team a ton of times rather than lean on the running game when its clear the Browns defense is struggling badly. So again Chubb is a really good back. He is a great running back, but he isnt the best running back. 

And then you quote CMC and Saquon whose team are struggling even more lmao.

• Like 3

Again!? We doing this again!?

4 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I don't see another RB in the NFL with his ability.

Saquan, Zeke, McCaffery... Equal, if not better talent IMO. It's a short list, admittedly. Chubb is really talented RB.

4 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I have watched every game from his so far in his NFL career and I'm amazed what he can do and even more amazed that he was a 2nd round pick. 

He had a very significant knee injury in college. It won't manifest itself now, but continued run on it will start to show (think Todd Gurley).

Chubb might not have the longest career, but it'll be flashy.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, evilpimp972 said:

And then you quote CMC and Saquon whose team are struggling even more lmao.

OP was a near-word-for-word re-post of the Kamara thread. Climb out your feelings for sec and check the first reply in said thread. 

;)

Edited by Yin-Yang
  • Like 5

15 minutes ago, Danger said:

No.

Barkley
CMC
Cook
Zeke

are all solidly above him.

Henry too, right?

How about Jacobs? 

Joe Mixon, maybe? Probably not?

A healthy Kerryon Johnson? (Which actually might not exist...)

As if I should ask - Kamara?

I agree on the four you mentioned sight unseen - but I'm not sure who else is in the discussion.

35 minutes ago, Danger said:

No.

Barkley
CMC
Cook
Zeke

are all solidly above him.

I personally take issue with the bold.

Dalvin Cook has less yards 1 more season, less YPC, more fumbles...to say  "solidly above" is an absolute JOKE.

I'd say that Barkley, when healthy, is probably above, but yet he does have some injury concerns and doesn't warrant being "solidly above".

Zeke and CMC you could say have the years/production to warrant that take.

I can understand why you'd say Barkley, but to say "solidly" is a stretch.

Cook is just plain LAUGHABLE.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Henry too, right?

How about Jacobs? 

Joe Mixon, maybe? Probably not?

A healthy Kerryon Johnson? (Which actually might not exist...)

As if I should ask - Kamara?

I agree on the four you mentioned sight unseen - but I'm not sure who else is in the discussion.

I said solidly above. Henry and Chubb are in the same tier, but where you put them is debatable IMO. 

Tier 1:
Barkley
CMC

Tier 2:
Zeke 
Cook

Tier 3:
Nick Chubb
Derrick Henry

Tier 4:
Quite a number of guys

17 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I personally take issue with the bold.

Dalvin Cook has less yards 1 more season, less YPC, more fumbles...to say  "solidly above" is an absolute JOKE.

I'd say that Barkley, when healthy, is probably above, but yet he does have some injury concerns and doesn't warrant being "solidly above".

Zeke and CMC you could say have the years/production to warrant that take.

I can understand why you'd say Barkley, but to say "solidly" is a stretch.

Cook is just plain LAUGHABLE.

I'm not ready to put Cook up there yet either. Dude has had a real difficult time avoiding injuries and staying on the field his entire career so far. He also hasnt averaged above 4 ypc since week 8. To his credit though, he is one of the more productive backs in the receiving game.. definitely more so than Chubb.

1 minute ago, Cheesehawk said:

I'm not ready to put Cook up there yet either. Dude has had a real difficult time avoiding injuries and staying on the field his entire career so far. He also hasnt averaged above 4 ypc since week 8. To his credit though, he is one of the more productive backs in the receiving game.. definitely more so than Chubb.

And that's one of the big factors to me. You can't be a top tier runningback in todays game IMO without being a threat both in the passing game and running game. If a guy isn't a factor in the passing game then that's a big dox from me.