Vaccaro trade rumors...

whodatworm23

1 hour ago, whodatworm23 said:

There getting stronger... 

Man its hard being a fan of this team right now! Loomis gonna let Payton blame and trade everybody before he fires him.

I'm actually fine trading Vaccaro. I've always had questions about his work ethic. Vonn Bell is better and cheaper and not in a contract year.

and hasn't been suspended for PEDs

6 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

I'm actually fine trading Vaccaro. I've always had questions about his work ethic. Vonn Bell is better and cheaper and not in a contract year.

and hasn't been suspended for PEDs

I understand that... However i think many underappreciate how versitle Vaccaro is and how hes utlized. He'll def go somewhere and shine under a DC who has a clue.

Despite the depth, make no mistake about it... Trading Vaccaro would be ALL about MONEY! Just as it was with Cooks and even Graham. This has little to do with the attitude and off field stuff although thats the narrative they allowed the fan base to blame it on. They traded Graham because they wrecked the cap, they traded Cooks because they didnt want to pay a slot reciever 12+ million per year and they will trade Vaccaro because they're staring down the gun barrel of a possible 18 million dollar cap hit with Brees gone next year. Anyone whos set to get paid this year will likley be out. There is a chance that the saints fire Payton... How much would Benson have to eat on that deal? They will find a way to counteract the losses in favor of the owner no doubt and if that continues to cost the team quality players then so be it.

I saw this coming the moment Williams was drafted. Its also telling about what this front office feels about this season of they are willing to trade one of their top 5 defensive players for a presumed draft pick 1 game into the season and this after praising Vaccaro as one of the foundation players and leaders of this team.

My guess is that if Vaccaro is traded it would be a managment decision and not a coaching one. I just cant see how Payton would feel a 3rd round draft pick in 2018 would help him keep his job more than Vaccaro could. This is either the front office planning for what they consider to be our inevitable future or the biggest showcase of aragonce that Payton has ever displayed. 

I think Vaccaro is an actor. In every interview he seems like he's just trying to say what the reporters want to hear. I feel like he's one of those guys who thinks of football as just a job and he's not 100% into it.  I could be wrong of course, I don't know him. That's just the vibe I get.

41 minutes ago, NS922 said:

I think Vaccaro is an actor. In every interview he seems like he's just trying to say what the reporters want to hear. I feel like he's one of those guys who thinks of football as just a job and he's not 100% into it.  I could be wrong of course, I don't know him. That's just the vibe I get.

I think im just spent with Payton... Im at the point with him where every move he makes i simply cant trust that it will be right or that even if hes right that his follow up move will be right. Just too much failure on his part over the past 5 years for me to have any confidence im him. 

I mean he trades a pro bowl TE and outstanding young WR to help improve our defense and what to we have to show for it... 2 O-lineman (by the way did you see our o-line Monday night) and a backup DE and LB in which the LB shouldnt have even made the team.

Trades Kenny Stills for a broken LB and pick that ended up as PJ Williams whos grade is an incomplete as hes played in a whopping 3 games since he was drafted.

Allowed Jenkins to fly off to Philly and made Byrd thr highest paid safety at the time.

Trades Akeim Hicks for a 3rd string TE! Hicks just earned a big money deal in chicago and currently has more sacks than thr entire Saints defense. 

I can go on and on... And now he wants to trade Vaccaro for likley a ham sandwich and a backup longsnapper.

Im sorry... Im just done with thia guy!

Parts 1-5 are in the books, just follow along.

Part 6: Payton trades Cooks to New England for (what ended up being) an offensive lineman.

Part 7: Payton will send Vaccarro to New England for a 3rd or 4th round pick, and also maybe even send them a great offensive player, you go ahead and pick which player, because it's a craps shoot.

Part 8: Josh McDaniels will get fired from the Patriots as they'll go 10-6 this year because of their personnel losses.

Part 9: Payton, after yet another losing season with a top 5 offense, gets traded to the Patriots to become their offensive coordinator, and heir apparent to Bill B. when he retires. He will happily be reunited with some of the players he just "traded" away from the Saints, and everyone will be dancing in the streets.

Make up your own story. This is just how I feel sometimes about Payton and his love affair with BB. 

5 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

I think im just spent with Payton... Im at the point with him where every move he makes i simply cant trust that it will be right or that even if hes right that his follow up move will be right. Just too much failure on his part over the past 5 years for me to have any confidence im him. 

I mean he trades a pro bowl TE and outstanding young WR to help improve our defense and what to we have to show for it... 2 O-lineman (by the way did you see our o-line Monday night) and a backup DE and LB in which the LB shouldnt have even made the team.

Trades Kenny Stills for a broken LB and pick that ended up as PJ Williams whos grade is an incomplete as hes played in a whopping 3 games since he was drafted.

Allowed Jenkins to fly off to Philly and made Byrd thr highest paid safety at the time.

Trades Akeim Hicks for a 3rd string TE! Hicks just earned a big money deal in chicago and currently has more sacks than thr entire Saints defense. 

I can go on and on... And now he wants to trade Vaccaro for likley a ham sandwich and a backup longsnapper.

Im sorry... Im just done with thia guy!

Most of these I think you are overstating.  Jimmy Graham netted us a great center which we had a huge need at, as well as a 1st that we did spend on the defense.  Granted the pick didn't work out but it was an attempt to improve the defense at the expense of an expensive weapon.  Though his loss in the Red Zone was is obviously missed.

Kenny Stills was a good WR but wasn't a star, plus in our offense we've proven we don't need them normally.  Granted the return didn't pan out so far, but it's not like he would've made this team into a playoff team.

Jenkins at the time looked to be heading in the wrong direction and Byrd was coming off of some great seasons.  Injuries suck, but I doubt that Jenkins would've done what he has in Philly if he stuck with the Saints.

I'll be honest I didn't even realize we traded Hicks for the longest time.  He was raw and he seemed to have potential but he didn't really put it together when we traded him.  Good for him to develop, and that is a big concern we've had that our defenders just don't seem to develop with us, but he wasn't great then, most people were still looking to replace him or trying to keep us from being too high on him.

I mean we aren't in the front office, we don't know the deals coming in, we don't see the players on the field during practice, we don't know what it looks like to pay for the players.  Half of these players you complain about would require us to get rid of Brees 3 years ago to be able to keep them.

Also with Cooks, he's good but we've shown time and again we don't need high paid WRs unless they are a Colston/Thomas type of WR.  Also just imagine how much worse our OL would look right now if we hadn't made that trade and gotten Ramzy.

Still a failure to improve the defense any way you slice it which was the reason for the Gaaham trade in the first place. The oft injured Unger was the cherry on top. This was not a win for the Saints or Payton the HC... Only Payton the OC.

With Stills... More of the same, another young talented offensive player traded to improve the defense which ended up as a failure.

Jenkins didnt look like a star but he does now... Why is that? You know the answer to that as well as I do. Then we get Byrd whos an all pro and turn him into a scrub... Why is that? See the pattern starting to emerge?

In Hicks you draft a guy with loads of raw potential but bail on him for a 3rd string BLOCKING TE before giving the guy a chance because you were switching schemes on a yearly basis. Now hes a stud in Chicago... Own up to it. Whats next, trade Onymata in week 4 because we need a backup tackle?

Im not the front office but it dosent take a genusis to see whats been happening here over the last 5 years. This is an accumulative issuse that has finally caught up to Payton. They have traded and cut players, fired coaches, retooled the front office structure and none of it has worked.

Whats the only constant throughout this time... Thats the issue that must be corrected and it Payton. 

Archived