How would you feel if Haskins isn’t the starter?

turtle28

37 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Of course it is my opinion.  We are on a sports forum.  Again, it comes down to the simple question, does this behavior benefit him?  And I don't see how the answer is yes.  

Haskins puts himself out there for this level of scrutiny.  He has his own brand and clothing, etc.  So if he is going to front himself as a marketing tool then he is setting himself up for blow back if he doesn't play it right.  Social media for marketing athletes is easy.  There are basically 3 rules to play by :  1)Only say positive things 2)Don't prop yourself up, because if you deserve it other people will do it for you.  3)Don't respond to negativity

To be clear I am a haskins fan and I want him to be the unquestioned starter and get all the support of the team including all the reps so he has a chance to prove on the field that he is the real deal.  

And by the way, I would never compare Haskins to Mr. mouth diarrhea Mayfield.  That does Haskins a disservice, haskins is miles away from Mayfield in that regard :)

True it does do Haskins a disservice because thinking about it Mayfield antics are worst. If you don't like how he's marketing himself or his clothing don't buy them or stay off the social media sites Haskins is on. Only pay attention to Haskins when it's concerning the Washington Redskins or football. 

As said it's 2020 and Social Media is where most of the Athletes are expressing themselves these days. If you don't like it stay off his Social Media pages. 

14 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Careful @offbyone, he doesn't like opinions. 

Not true, just some opinions can be kept to themselves. Espeically when it has nothing to do with what a player is doing concerning football. None of US are these guys parent's or a Higher Power to judge them like some fans and analysis do. Player's are human just like Us. Who Am I or anyone esle to judge them on certain things?

Edited by Skins212689

9 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Not true, just some opinions can be kept to themselves. Espeically when it has nothing to do with what a player is doing concerning football. None of US are these guys parent's or a Higher Power to judge them like some fans and analysis do. Player's are human just like Us. Who Am I or anyone esle to judge them on certain things?

What's the difference between judging his football skill and acumen and his social media personality? Isn't his attitude part of his mental makeup for on the field? Can't we extrapolate that out to what might happen and can't they be correlated?

And no, you hate people's opinions that don't agree with yours. You bring it up pretty often when we're not dealing with facts but opinions. We're aware of that. This is a forum after all. Opinions are the backbone of them. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

What's the difference between judging his football skill and acumen and his social media personality? Isn't his attitude part of his mental makeup for on the field? Can't we extrapolate that out to what might happen and can't they be correlated?

And no, you hate people's opinions that don't agree with yours. You bring it up pretty often when we're not dealing with facts but opinions. We're aware of that. This is a forum after all. Opinions are the backbone of them. 

What he does in his personal life has nothing to do with his skills on the field. If that was the case players Like Lawrence Taylor, Michael Irvin, Brett Favre, ect wouldn't be in the Hall OF Fame. You don't like his Social Media posting, stop following hia Social Media Pages. It's that simple. 

4 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

What he does in his personal life has nothing to do with his skills on the field. If that was the case players Like Lawrence Taylor, Michael Irvin, Brett Favre, ect wouldn't be in the Hall OF Fame. You don't like his Social Media posting, stop following hia Social Media Pages. It's that simple. 

I don't follow him for that exact reason. He's annoying on social media. But it does get put in front of me or reported or whatever. I can't avoid it. 

2 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Are people keeping this going for more post or are you guys really serious? If your serious it's many Player's who have done worst thing's on and off the field compared to Haskins who are in the Hall of Fame or still had Good to Great Careers! 

I think the hope is that he uses everything as motivation, rather than the RG3 route of veiled sorority girl sayings, etc. I've been excited to see the next step of him next season. Despite how you may think of me and Haskins, I've actually grown on him more in the last year. I wasn't happy with the draft pick. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I think the hope is that he uses everything as motivation, rather than the RG3 route of veiled sorority girl sayings, etc. I've been excited to see the next step of him next season. Despite how you may think of me and Haskins, I've actually grown on him more in the last year. I wasn't happy with the draft pick. 

I stand by my biggest argument. His play on the field is what Fans should be concerned about the most. He nor I care if you like him personally. The post I've seen of him on Social Media all have shown him putting in work in the gym or throwing passes in workouts. His personal life I don't care about. I didn't click to watch how he spent his 1st Million by choice because that's not my concern and I'm a lil jealous I don't have a Million to spend myself.😕😂

Just now, Skins212689 said:

I stand by my biggest argument. His play on the field is what Fans should be concerned about the most.

Of course.

He nor I care if you like him personally.

Maybe.

The post I've seen of him on Social Media all have shown him putting in work in the gym or throwing passes in workouts.

Yes, some of them are those. 

His personal life I don't care about. I didn't click to watch how he spent his 1st Million by choice because that's not my concern and I'm a lil jealous I don't have a Million to spend myself.😕😂

Aren't we all?

13 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

True it does do Haskins a disservice because thinking about it Mayfield antics are worst. If you don't like how he's marketing himself or his clothing don't buy them or stay off the social media sites Haskins is on. Only pay attention to Haskins when it's concerning the Washington Redskins or football. 

As said it's 2020 and Social Media is where most of the Athletes are expressing themselves these days. If you don't like it stay off his Social Media pages. 

Clearly you are a haskins fan and are defending him.  When his college coach is joining the ranks of giving him this feedback, it seems like maybe it is reasonable.  And I don't think anyone is condemning him, rather just saying this isn't ideal.  

For me, having opinions of players, man-crushes is what being a fan is all about.  You fall in love with players for their personalities as much as their play.  Personally, I have a lot more fun rooting for my team if I like the players.  I like a range of personalities and different fans appreciate different qualities.  Tough guys, bad boys, goody two shoes, leaders, etc.  They all have their own appeal.  If you are ok with it being the era of social media, then you should be ok with fans giving their opinions and debating them about every little thing.  It isn't like that is just happening on internet forums.  It is rampant on social media.

34 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Clearly you are a haskins fan and are defending him.  When his college coach is joining the ranks of giving him this feedback, it seems like maybe it is reasonable.  And I don't think anyone is condemning him, rather just saying this isn't ideal.  

For me, having opinions of players, man-crushes is what being a fan is all about.  You fall in love with players for their personalities as much as their play.  Personally, I have a lot more fun rooting for my team if I like the players.  I like a range of personalities and different fans appreciate different qualities.  Tough guys, bad boys, goody two shoes, leaders, etc.  They all have their own appeal.  If you are ok with it being the era of social media, then you should be ok with fans giving their opinions and debating them about every little thing.  It isn't like that is just happening on internet forums.  It is rampant on social media.

I really don't pay alot of attention to what players do off the field seriously. It's not my business. Especially if it isn't something harmful. 

Your right though people are entitled to their opinion but I think Meyer's and some other's are stuck in the old era when Social Media wasn't as big. My advice to them would be to Take it easy on Haskins/other's who don't let Social Media get in the way of their work ethic and play on the field being Social Media is a thing these day's. 

16 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

The Rock Applause GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

10 hours ago, offbyone said:

Yeah, the Urban Meyer criticism is what concerns me on this.  But like I said, the only really bad thing he's done is comment on players not under contract to the Redskins.  I would hope he is more focused on football than social media and other business concerns he has.