turtle28

How would you feel if Haskins isn’t the starter?

I mean, 39 out of 40 QBs for Simms lol. 39th? Good lord dude. You would think Haskins ran out on to the field with his helmet on backwards throwing the ball into the ground and drooling on himself with the way he’s been talked about. 

21 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I mean, 39 out of 40 QBs for Simms lol. 39th? Good lord dude. You would think Haskins ran out on to the field with his helmet on backwards throwing the ball into the ground and drooling on himself with the way he’s been talked about. 

A Clue please -- to what you are referring ? I'm lost. Must be back in this thread somewhere I suppose .

15 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

A Clue please -- to what you are referring ? I'm lost. Must be back in this thread somewhere I suppose .

Took me a minute to figure it out, but evidently Chris Simms is doing a top 40 QB countdown on Twitter today. Our man landed at #39, down a spot from his lofty #38 ranking from last season. 

I suspect he’ll feel a little foolish with that ranking after the season. But I will say, I have a hard time formulating a very strong argument against someone ranking Haskins that low, other than “I believe in him,” which I do. 

His overall numbers from last season were basically the worst in the NFL. Perhaps a hair better than Duck Hodges and David Blough. We know that Gruden was never interested in giving him a chance, we know that he got unfairly thrown to the wolves twice as a grossly unprepared backup, we know that Callahan hamstrung him with the Ara Parseghian era offense, and we know that he ripped it up in his last 6 quarters — but are we really expecting many outsiders to parse the body of work for that sort of context? I guess when someone claims to be an NFL QB expert like Simms, they probably should, but for the most part I think people are mostly going to see 76.1 rating and 26.4 QBR. 

On top of that, he’s got a new scheme, a new HC, a rookie OC, and a very limited offseason to be coached up. He’s also got probably the worst set of offensive talent in the league around him. Frankly, it’s tough to find a lot of positive data around the kid — except for the fact that he himself has seemed remarkably dedicated to taking things to the next level, and bringing his teammates along with him.