Jump to content
turtle28

How would you feel if Haskins isn’t the starter?

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

I'm just here to log another example of Haskins' immaturity. I'm not exactly sure who this makes feel better... certainly not his current WR corps.

Young QBs don't do this crap.

 

There is nothing horrible about this, but just like a lot of his posts which are sometimes perceived as immaturity; the point is there is no real benefit to posting this.  I wish he would get some better advisors and someone who would filter his social media.  He needs to recognize that he is a starting qb in a big market town and he will be scrutinized.  Until he proves to be a real deal qb and establishes himself as a real leader in the locker room, he should stop talking.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Dude players recruit. They have worked out together. I don’t see this as a issue. It’s a younger generation if he’s working and studying his IG account isn’t a huge concern for me with his spare time

If and when the list continues to grow, will you continue to make excuses for him?

For the record, I like Haskins. But the immature social media BS needs to stop. This latest example was just plain dumb. It makes him feel all funny inside... maybe Amari Cooper too... but who else?  No one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How would I feel? If he isn't the best qb in training camp, he shouldn't be the starter. It may be revolutionary or retro- but I don't care where he was drafted or if Danny has a man crush on him, or that he acts like he is childish on social media, or if he has more potential,  etc... If he is better that the other guys, he should start, if he isn't better, he should be a backup.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

If and when the list continues to grow, will you continue to make excuses for him?

For the record, I like Haskins. But the immature social media BS needs to stop. This latest example was just plain dumb. It makes him feel all funny inside... maybe Amari Cooper too... but who else?  No one.

I mean I don’t pay attention to people’s social media because of things like this. I just I’m not going to say a 23 year old shouldn’t be mindful but I just believe this is something he will have to change as he ages and I think he will. Now if he starts taking shots on his page or starts responding to fans or critics it can be a problem. I won’t make an excuse for anyone and their choices. I just didn’t personally think this was bad. I mean even if he doesn’t want or think Diggs would come here I mean there’s nothing wrong with acknowledging someone in your craft for another company saying hey come back here bud. But I’m also not reading into it either and don’t see other posts. I do hope it’s never a problem. But this one I don’t think is that serious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I mean I don’t pay attention to people’s social media because of things like this. I just I’m not going to say a 23 year old shouldn’t be mindful but I just believe this is something he will have to change as he ages and I think he will. Now if he starts taking shots on his page or starts responding to fans or critics it can be a problem. I won’t make an excuse for anyone and their choices. I just didn’t personally think this was bad. I mean even if he doesn’t want or think Diggs would come here I mean there’s nothing wrong with acknowledging someone in your craft for another company saying hey come back here bud. But I’m also not reading into it either and don’t see other posts. I do hope it’s never a problem. But this one I don’t think is that serious

I agree this isn't that serious. But it's just another example.

I hope he matures with respect to the off-the-field stuff. I like what he did on the field last year... and I think it's important that QBs be considered leaders on and off the field. It's a big responsibility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

I agree this isn't that serious. But it's just another example.

I hope he matures with respect to the off-the-field stuff. I like what he did on the field last year... and I think it's important that QBs be considered leaders on and off the field. It's a big responsibility.

I agree. I really hope he’s not like RG and we will only find that out after he has real success. But that’s really where I’m at is as long as he has his teammates respect and their belief in him is to compete that’s what matters most. But I do hope he doesn’t have that social media needed attention. He seems pretty smart as how he’s grown in the last year so hopefully if it was becoming something those around will bring him in and help him keep it from elevating

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As someone who hasn't really cared about the things he's done so far, the Instagram post actually annoyed me. That's just something you don't do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't help but laugh seeing people complain about our QB posting IG pictures and trying to recruit players.  Some how you guys manage to connect this with immaturity and somehow not taking this game seriously.  Find something better to do with your life than bash a kid proud to be a Redskin and having fun with it.  Yall should be ashamed of yourselves.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, tredaddy said:

Can't help but laugh seeing people complain about our QB posting IG pictures and trying to recruit players.  Some how you guys manage to connect this with immaturity and somehow not taking this game seriously.  Find something better to do with your life than bash a kid proud to be a Redskin and having fun with it.  Yall should be ashamed of yourselves.  

 

Piss off.

What other QB is doing this stuff? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Piss off.

What other QB is doing this stuff? 

I’d be disappointed in you but I’ve already given up on you long time ago.  Find something better to do with your life than question a kids maturity because he’s happily living his dream.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tredaddy said:

I’d be disappointed in you but I’ve already given up on you long time ago.  Find something better to do with your life than question a kids maturity because he’s happily living his dream.  

:(  xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tredaddy said:

Can't help but laugh seeing people complain about our QB posting IG pictures and trying to recruit players.  Some how you guys manage to connect this with immaturity and somehow not taking this game seriously.  Find something better to do with your life than bash a kid proud to be a Redskin and having fun with it.  Yall should be ashamed of yourselves.  

 

You shouldn’t be posting images of another teams player jersey swapped to your team. That’s why the league has tampering rules and this could be in violation of that. It was a boneheaded thing to do and I’ve defended him probably more than anybody else on here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

You shouldn’t be posting images of another teams player jersey swapped to your team. That’s why the league has tampering rules and this could be in violation of that. It was a boneheaded thing to do and I’ve defended him probably more than anybody else on here. 

Dude Diggs literally posted a picture of himself wearing Cardinals gear today.  Get over it and stop thinking of ways to bash our players over literally the dumbest things possible

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I agree. I really hope he’s not like RG and we will only find that out after he has real success. But that’s really where I’m at is as long as he has his teammates respect and their belief in him is to compete that’s what matters most. But I do hope he doesn’t have that social media needed attention. He seems pretty smart as how he’s grown in the last year so hopefully if it was becoming something those around will bring him in and help him keep it from elevating

I think we have to also realize that if RG3 didn't get hurt that he would have continued to be a special player. And, if that would've happened most people wouldn't have cared about his social media, his clothing line or his cheesy sayings.

When he didn't win in 2013, most fans began to turn on him. Then, he & Brice forced the Shanahan's & Matt LeFlur to be fired - the firing was warranted bc the team was awful in 2013 as it was in 2010 & 2011 - but RG3 was part of the problem in 2013 too.

As for Haskins, it all comes down to how he performs - on the field. If he progresses and if the team wins with him at QB. If that happens, social media doesn’t matter much unless it’s something totally wild.

Edited by turtle28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tredaddy said:

Dude Diggs literally posted a picture of himself wearing Cardinals gear today.  Get over it and stop thinking of ways to bash our players over literally the dumbest things possible

If you think it’s dumb that’s fine, I don’t. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×