How would you feel if Haskins isn’t the starter?

turtle28

3 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Only gonna say this once. As long as a poster is abiding by the rules, I don't give a rip what they say as a Moderator or Poster. If I agree, I'll say so. If I disagree, I'll tell them why...

...or...

...and here's a novel idea...

...I'll ignore the post and not respond.

No one is forcing you to respond to his (or anyone's) posts. 

And if you cannot "keep peace" on these pages after viewing someone else's opinion(s), then the problem is not with those posts, it is with the person in your mirror.

You don't like that someone is negative about a player? Get used to it. Either disagree or ignore the post. But you do not get to tell someone they cannot post or have an opinion about a particular subject.

/rant

I'll just call him out everytime he says some BS. 

BTW - I'll weigh in here on the recent "issue".

Generally I don't care about a player's social media (unless it's stupid stuff they shouldn't do). If they are having fun, they should have fun.  Not for me to tell them how to live their life. 

But in this instance, it is a slap in the face to the WR's he has on his team. 

Now, I'm sure he was just having fun with his fellow MoCo boy, and I think it should be taken as such right now. But more of this type of thing is not a good look. Especially when you've started all of 7 games in the NFL. 

Gain more bearing. Produce more. And the then you have a larger stack of chips at the table and are able to do stuff like this without people worried about your maturity.

But if I was to rate this on a scale of 1 to OMG this is the worst (10), this is a 5. Guy's young. He'll understand more as he gains a little wisdom. So don't crush him too much. But do chide him.

There's my $0.02.

• Like 1

Anyone else ever had this issue? Surely if you've been married long enough you have.

Me to wife - You're acting like a ______.

Wife to me - You're calling me a ______?

Me to wife - No, I said you're acting like a ______. I actually think you're a great wife that is currently acting like a ______.

Skins212689... please read this useful analogy and apply it to what you're doing here.

4 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

You didn't say Haskins posting about Diggs was a problem? 

Draw a distinction between saying a PLAYER is a problem (the whole person) and saying that ONE ACTION that the player did was a problem.

For helpful hints on how to do this I'll give you one.

Ray Charles, the person, is NOT a problem. 

Ray Charles behind the wheel of a car, IS.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

BTW - I'll weigh in here on the recent "issue".

Generally I don't care about a player's social media (unless it's stupid stuff they shouldn't do). If they are having fun, they should have fun.  Not for me to tell them how to live their life. 

But in this instance, it is a slap in the face to the WR's he has on his team. 

Now, I'm sure he was just having fun with his fellow MoCo boy, and I think it should be taken as such right now. But more of this type of thing is not a good look. Especially when you've started all of 7 games in the NFL. 

Gain more bearing. Produce more. And the then you have a larger stack of chips at the table and are able to do stuff like this without people worried about your maturity.

But if I was to rate this on a scale of 1 to OMG this is the worst (10), this is a 5. Guy's young. He'll understand more as he gains a little wisdom. So don't crush him too much. But do chide him.

There's my $0.02.

Spot on. And that's all I'm doing. I can't help it if someone thinks we shouldn't point out player flaws, real or perceived.

This team has been dysfunctional going on 25 years. We should absolutely scrutinize, when deserving, players, coaches and front-office personnel. 

Edited by Skinsin2013

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

Draw a distinction between saying a PLAYER is a problem (the whole person) and saying that ONE ACTION that the player did was a problem.

For helpful hints on how to do this I'll give you one.

Ray Charles, the person, is NOT a problem. 

Ray Charles behind the wheel of a car, IS.

What's wrong with Haskins actions in the 1st place is the point? He can't recruit Diggs whose possibly unhappy with Vikings. 

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

What's wrong with Haskins actions in the 1st place is the point? He can't recruit Diggs whose possibly unhappy with Vikings. 

Technically no, Diggs is under contract with the Vikings. He can't recruit unless a player is a FA and FA has started but the rule is broken all the time.

Since the rough format for entering into this discussion seems to be “1. State your age; 2. State your position on Haskins’s maturity,” please allow me to start by saying that I’m 34 and I think Haskins is still a little immature. 

I don’t think that makes him a bad kid — and he is just a kid, after all — but when you compare him to the rest of the group of humans he’s trying to join (NFL starting QBs), he’s got a little ways to go in terms of professionalism. Even when comparing him to his closest contemporaries, he’s really not the type of kid who you’d call “mature beyond his years,” as you might with an Andrew Luck or a Deshaun Watson.

I think professionalism is something you can (and in some cases almost have to) learn on the job. I had to do that in my profession — one day I “became” a lawyer, but I wasn’t ready right out of the box to meet all the standards and always carry myself like a professional in my field should. I grew into it, and there were definitely some growing pains. What you eventually learn is that being a professional, in my opinion, means choosing what’s right and necessary for the sake of your business over your own preferences and indulging your own whims. For me, that meant things like always being on time for court, returning calls promptly, keeping my office tidy, biting my tongue when judges were wrong or ruled against me (aren’t those two the same thing anyway?). 

And for Dwayne, that means there’s a lot of we’ve seen that he still needs work on. Come to camp in shape. Study hard and learn on every rep, even when you’re not the one taking the rep. Don’t get too high after a win or too low after a loss — teammates look to the QB to be a steadying influence. No selfies before games are over. And when it comes to this social media stuff, recognize that everything you like, comment, or post will be scrutinized more than anyone else. Whether you like it or not. The only way to avoid winding up in “should he have or shouldn’t he have” debates about social media activity is JUST DON’T DO IT IN THE FIRST PLACE. Even largely innocent posts with good intentions could cause problems — just as one possible example, what if Sims or Harmon takes it the wrong way that the QB is actively daydreaming about replacing them with a better player? Why take the risk? Choose the well-being of the team at all times, especially over your desire to post something you think is cool or fun on your social media. That’s being a professional. 

He’s making good progress on lots of this. I’m a big fan, and I love watching the videos of him getting together with the receivers and doing various workouts and all that. I have high hopes. But we also don’t have to pretend that he’s not a little immature for an NFL QB — he’s still a work in progress, in most respects. 

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Technically no, Diggs is under contract with the Vikings. He can't recruit unless a player is a FA and FA has started but the rule is broken all the time.

If Diggs is constantly making it seem like he doesn't want to remain a Viking just like Williams who doesn't want to be a Redskins nothing is wrong with another player tryna get their team to trade for that player. 

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

Since the rough format for entering into this discussion seems to be “1. State your age; 2. State your position on Haskins’s maturity,” please allow me to start by saying that I’m 34 and I think Haskins is still a little immature. 

I don’t think that makes him a bad kid — and he is just a kid, after all — but when you compare him to the rest of the group of humans he’s trying to join (NFL starting QBs), he’s got a little ways to go in terms of professionalism. Even when comparing him to his closest contemporaries, he’s really not the type of kid who you’d call “mature beyond his years,” as you might with an Andrew Luck or a Deshaun Watson.

I think professionalism is something you can (and in some cases almost have to) learn on the job. I had to do that in my profession — one day I “became” a lawyer, but I wasn’t ready right out of the box to meet all the standards and always carry myself like a professional in my field should. I grew into it, and there were definitely some growing pains. What you eventually learn is that being a professional, in my opinion, means choosing what’s right and necessary for the sake of your business over your own preferences and indulging your own whims. For me, that meant things like always being on time for court, returning calls promptly, keeping my office tidy, biting my tongue when judges were wrong or ruled against me (aren’t those two the same thing anyway?). 

And for Dwayne, that means there’s a lot of we’ve seen that he still needs work on. Come to camp in shape. Study hard and learn on every rep, even when you’re not the one taking the rep. Don’t get too high after a win or too low after a loss — teammates look to the QB to be a steadying influence. No selfies before games are over. And when it comes to this social media stuff, recognize that everything you like, comment, or post will be scrutinized more than anyone else. Whether you like it or not. The only way to avoid winding up in “should he have or shouldn’t he have” debates about social media activity is JUST DON’T DO IT IN THE FIRST PLACE. Even largely innocent posts with good intentions could cause problems — just as one possible example, what if Sims or Harmon takes it the wrong way that the QB is actively daydreaming about replacing them with a better player? Why take the risk? Choose the well-being of the team at all times, especially over your desire to post something you think is cool or fun on your social media. That’s being a professional. 

He’s making good progress on lots of this. I’m a big fan, and I love watching the videos of him getting together with the receivers and doing various workouts and all that. I have high hopes. But we also don’t have to pretend that he’s not a little immature for an NFL QB — he’s still a work in progress, in most respects. 

Baker Mayfield has a long way to go. GTFOH with the BS. What commercial is Haskins in? What Coach has Haskins called out? Comparing Mayfeild to Haskins says Haskins is way further than Mayfield!!!!

No IT wasn't cool for Haskins not to be on the feild for the ending of his teams 1st win but other than that Haskins has done nothing to get this negativity coming his way. 

Still blows my mind people here think they have a right to criticize how a person chooses to live their OWN life just because he represents your favorite team.    Very sad. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tredaddy said:

We got players smugglings pounds of weed across the country.... domestic violence abusers.... PED users.... 

Which Redskins players are doing that? I'll wait...

and we're complaining about an IG post in 2020 xD

It's called multi-tasking. One does not have to approve of any of the actions you've listed. Nor does criticism of an IG post indicate that the other things you listed are okay.