How would you feel if Haskins isn’t the starter?

turtle28

16 minutes ago, tredaddy said:

Lol sorry but you just sound ridiculous right now.  There hasn’t been a SINGLE outcry from ANY player being upset what Haskins posted. 

Yes, the WR's should be competitors willing to take on all comers. You're acting like I've said they will quit because of it. No. But I can guarantee you that if I work my butt off for you and you're posting this stuff, I might not be happy about it. Which will affect me if that kind of thing continues. 

The only one crying about it are fans like you. 

That's not just me. That's everyone. It's literally how relationships work.

If you’re mad a teammate is trying to recruit a stud so your TEAM can perform better as a UNIT because you’re worried about someone else taking over your job, then you don’t deserve to be in the NFL.

I'd be ticked if someone wanted someone else to come take my job. Again - show your wife a picture of another woman and tell her you'd rather be with that woman than your wife. See how that goes.

Keep going down this rabbit hole, you’re just sounding crazier the more you try to defend this 😂

And see, that's exactly how I feel about your position. Touche'

P.S. - I originally meant to quote you and ended up editing your post. I returned it to its original condition. My apologies.

2 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Haskins saying he would want to play with Diggs is affecting the team in a negative way how? 

We don't know. Might not be. 

45 minutes ago, tredaddy said:

Lol sorry but you just sound ridiculous right now.  There hasn’t been a SINGLE outcry from ANY player being upset what Haskins posted. 

Publicly yes. You don't know they aren't internally.

I gather from all this you see no way this is negative. Got it.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Haskins didn't start because of the coach. And because of the situation between Gruden and the Front Office. There's a difference between the coach making a starting decision and your QB telling the world he'd rather have another guy catching his passes. Immature divas (*) don't work out at QB (for very long). Griffin didn't. His teammates hated him. And it showed in the final product on the field.

(*) Not saying he is. Just explaining why behavior like this...if it continues to add up, will form a narrative of him in the locker room that is not positive. Which is gonna affect the final product.

But rewind...in this case, I say to give him a break. It was an honest mistake by a young, probably immature, guy who is growing into the position. If this were Rodgers or Brady or someone else, it's a nothingburger. But Haskins doesn't have enough chips at the table right now to take the chance that this stuff gets taken the wrong way by OTHER young guys.

Haskins wasn't sensitive so I/He needs the WR to be the same way. All the other stuff is irrelevant. Or we can go into how Haskins minor actions and the treatment toward him are different than a Baker Mayfield or Daniel Jones. Both who still need to grow but don't get the same heat Haskins has gotten. 

Jones got benched for a Old Eli Manning and Mayfield hasn't won anything but had TV commercials his rookie year. His comments and gesture toward his former coach Hue Jackson. Yet none of THEIR fans/media are saying replace them. Or they get a pass being that it's True all 3 are Young Men just starting in the NFL. 

Seeing alot of sensitive comments here yet we all know at Work Feelings really don't matter that much. Espeically in the NFL. Players get cut/traded/ect without notice but Haskins liking the idea of playing with Diggs now HE NEEDS TO BE SENSITIVE. Doesn't work that way people. If the Redskins decided to draft a WR what would the current WR's do than? Cry or Work THEIR Butts off. If your on the crying side the league aint2 for you Fellas. 

Haskins wasn't sensitive so I/He needs the WR to be the same way. All the other stuff is irrelevant. Or we can go into how Haskins minor actions and the treatment toward him are different than a Baker Mayfield or Daniel Jones. Both who still need to grow but don't get the same heat Haskins has gotten. 

Jones got benched for a Old Eli Manning and Mayfield hasn't won anything but had TV commercials his rookie year. His comments and gesture toward his former coach Hue Jackson. Yet none of THEIR fans/media are saying replace them. Or they get a pass being that it's True all 3 are Young Men just starting in the NFL. 

Yeah, sure. Just assume that everyone in life will react to things as you will.

Your logic tells me that it's a guarantee that you've never been in charge of people.

How Haskins reacted to not getting the starting nod as a rookie over two veteran QBs is a completely different situation than your QB fantasizing about you losing your job. It's astounding to me that you can't understand this.

• Like 1

Seeing alot of sensitive comments here yet we all know at Work Feelings really don't matter that much. Espeically in the NFL. Players get cut/traded/ect without notice but Haskins liking the idea of playing with Diggs now HE NEEDS TO BE SENSITIVE. Doesn't work that way people. If the Redskins decided to draft a WR what would the current WR's do than? Cry or Work THEIR Butts off. If your on the crying side the league aint2 for you Fellas. 

Yes, the WRs should work their butts off. The team drafting a WR is a different story than what Haskins did. But for you to say that they shouldn't care that the QB that they worked their tails off for...the guy in their locker room... is wanting them out of a job, and they shouldn't have any reaction? Yeah...now I'm sure of it. You've never actually been the boss or the leader of any large group of people.

30 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yeah me too. It's completely amazing to me that someone cannot understand that someone shouldn't have a negative reaction to a coworker wanting them fired

Haskins trying to recruit a stud somehow equals wanting a coworker fired LMAO.  I can't take you seriously anymore

Yeah lets not try to get stars on this team because it's going to piss off current members on the roster.  My god this fan base is awful 

Edited by tredaddy

3 hours ago, tredaddy said:

Haskins trying to recruit a stud somehow equals wanting a coworker fired LMAO.  I can't take you seriously anymore

Yeah lets not try to get stars on this team because it's going to piss off current members on the roster.  My god this fan base is awful 

I mean first and foremost, you understand that you’re very literally not allowed to “recruit” a “stud” who is under contract to another team, right? That’s a problem. It’s frowned upon. And if you’re still going to do it, as many players do, do it behind closed doors. Privately. Don’t post it on your easily accessible, widely viewed, public Instagram account. That’s pretty basic, and it’s remarkable that you think it doesn’t show a bit of a lapse in judgment. 

Moreover, as I mentioned earlier, there’s a reason why “Stefon is a great receiver, any team would be lucky to have him, but we already have great receivers on this team who I know we can win with” is the generic, stock, appropriate way to deal with issues of interest in other players who aren’t on your teams. As the QB, your job is to build up your guys, to make sure that they know you trust them and believe in them. Not to be posting messages that make clear that what you really want is to replace and upgrade them.

We all know Diggs is better than Sims, Harmon, and the rest of the gang. No one is saying Haskins is wrong in thinking that we’d be better if we had Diggs. The issue is, why send that message at all? It accomplishes nothing that he couldn’t have done through a text or call or DM, as he clearly knows Diggs personally, and it plants the seeds for possible issues. It was a stupid thing to do. 

The biggest issue here is that you are so inexplicably deep in your feelings at even the mere suggestion that Haskins hasn’t done everything perfectly off the field. It’s honestly very strange that you (and others) are taking it so personally that folks think he can continue to grow and develop in the off-the-field aspects of being a franchise QB. It doesn’t mean anyone hates him or thinks he’s a bad guy or is throwing in the towel on him. We don’t want to give up on him after he throws a bad pick or takes a dumb sack, and the same is true of some of these off-field choices. We just want him to keep growing and improving, as he did on the field. You don’t have to deify a guy and praise/co-sign 100% of his actions in order to like him, root for him, and want him to become a superstar who changes the game. 

• Like 1

On 3/12/2020 at 6:56 PM, lavar703 said:

Holy Christ this thread is ridiculous lol. You just don’t do what he did. Why this is so hard for the two of you to understand is beyond me? I was on the Haskins train before most on here. I have his jersey hanging in my closet. I’m a huge fan of his. I didn’t even really give him crap about the selfie thing but I did cringe when I saw the Diggs post. 

If you somehow think this means I’m a hater then you have your own agendas you need to come to terms with. This isn’t about not letting him live his life or “ok boomer” (I’m 34 by the way), it’s simply about not doing something that could paint the team in a bad light. What he did could be seen as tampering. You’re not allowed to recruit players currently under contract with another team. Also, it’s pretty crappy to do this when you have some young receivers on your team who played their *** off for you and might take it the wrong way.

I honestly wish McLaurin would post up an Instagram of Tua throwing him a pass in a Redskins uniform. Let’s see if you two are still tripping over yourselves to defend someone being a kid...

Adding talent and replacing talent is 2 different things. If the Redskins draft another WR or sign 1 in Free Agency are they disrespecting the current WR's on the roster? 

These rumors the Redskins meet with Tua and Burrow, why does Haskins have to take it as the Team just doing their job oppose to disrespecting Him? 

23 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Haskins didn't start because of the coach. And because of the situation between Gruden and the Front Office. There's a difference between the coach making a starting decision and your QB telling the world he'd rather have another guy catching his passes. Immature divas (*) don't work out at QB (for very long). Griffin didn't. His teammates hated him. And it showed in the final product on the field.

(*) Not saying he is. Just explaining why behavior like this...if it continues to add up, will form a narrative of him in the locker room that is not positive. Which is gonna affect the final product.

But rewind...in this case, I say to give him a break. It was an honest mistake by a young, probably immature, guy who is growing into the position. If this were Rodgers or Brady or someone else, it's a nothingburger. But Haskins doesn't have enough chips at the table right now to take the chance that this stuff gets taken the wrong way by OTHER young guys.

Eli Manning/John Elway told a team that drafted them they didn't/wouldn't play there. How disrespectful is that? Extrodaniary!!! Yet they were still given passes/privllages that Haskins can't get because he would like to play with a Speed Threatening WR like Diggs. SMH PEOPLE. 

All this tampering talk can go way because the Redskins nor Haskins have been acussed of such actions as a result of the post.