How would you feel if Haskins isn’t the starter?

turtle28

Dwayne is doing all the right things. I’m happy to see he got himself in tremendous shape. The kid cares a lot and the best thing for this franchise is for him to take off. If he does, which I do believe is possible, the franchises outlook will start to look a whole lot different. 

• Like 2

On 5/30/2020 at 1:07 PM, lavar703 said:

Dwayne is doing all the right things. I’m happy to see he got himself in tremendous shape. The kid cares a lot and the best thing for this franchise is for him to take off. If he does, which I do believe is possible, the franchises outlook will start to look a whole lot different. 

I can’t wait for these young guys to develop over the next few seasons. In time it will be fun to watch Dwayne, Terry, Guice, Sims JR and hopefully Gibson, Love, Harmon & AGG dominate on offense along with a future TE we draft and, on defense it’s going to be just as fun watching Young, the rest of the DL, Fuller, Collins and hopefully Foster, SDH, Holcomb, Anderson, Moreau, Moreland & Sean Davis dominate on defense w/ a few more additions on the O & D to help them dominate.

Edited by turtle28

This was the throw where I went --WOW. When is the last time I've seen a Redskin Q B make an Arron Rodgers throw. Sims wasn't open -Haskins threw him open. This is a top QB elite throw. This one gives me cold chills it's so good !  Love his potential ! 

https://www.redskins.com/video/haskins-lobs-third-down-td-dime-to-sims-in-back-of-the-end-zone

• Like 3

6 hours ago, turtle28 said:

This is all you can hope for with a young group the fact the QB is taking the charge is all you could ask for I believe results could be better then maybe thought but we will see. Let’s see it translate

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

This is all you can hope for with a young group the fact the QB is taking the charge is all you could ask for I believe results could be better then maybe thought but we will see. Let’s see it translate

I like the potential this group showed the second half of last year. I can’t wait to watch them with the additions of Gibson & AGG this year and into the future.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

The color contrast is weird on that video still. Is that a Panthers or Redskins jersey behind him? I'm not knocking either answer, just genuinely curious. 

I don’t think it’s either. I think maybe it’s from high school, it may be his sons or something.

If anything it’s a Redskins Jersey. Probably the one he was supposed to get at his introductory press conference that someone forgot to bring. My guess is it’s #20 for 2020.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t think it’s either. I think maybe it’s from high school, it may be his sons or something.

If anything it’s a Redskins Jersey. Probably the one he was supposed to get at his introductory press conference that someone forgot to bring. My guess is it’s #20 for 2020.

That would make sense too 

ESPN did a 4-round NFL “redraft” today where the writer for each of the 32 teams picked from the full roster of NFL players. I guess the idea behind They used the same order as the 2020 NFL draft (incidentally, the Redskins drafted Russell Wilson #2 overall; Mahomes of course went 1st). 

Anyway, Haskins was not among the 32 QBs drafted. Here are some other players and where they were drafted in this exercise:

Joe Burrow (9th QB selected; 13th pick overall)

Drew Lock  (11th QB selected; 15th pick overall)

Kyler Murray (13th QB selected; 17th pick overall)

Teddy Bridgewater (14th QB selected; 18th pick overall)

Sam Darnold (17th QB selected; 23rd pick overall)

Tua Tagovailoa (20th QB selected; 30th overall)

Cam Newton (21st QB selected; 36th overall)

Justin Herbert (23rd QB selected; 55th overall)

Kirk Cousins (24th QB selected; 69th overall)

Daniel Jones (25th QB selected; 70th overall)

Jarrett Stidham (26th QB selected; 71st overall)

Jameis Winston (30th QB selected; 95th overall)

Tyrod Taylor (31st QB selected; 97th overall)

There’s really no other way to describe it than a tremendous slap in the face to Haskins. Drew Lock at 15 overall and Haskins undrafted is a big eye roll. Tua and Herbert never having played a down is quite a slight. Tyrod Taylor most recently played meaningful snaps (badly) in 2018. And Jarrett Stidham — what can you even say about that one 🙄🙄

I’ll put this whole paragraph in bold, because that’s how strongly I feel about it. I think a lot of people are going to feel awfully silly over the next year or two because of how grossly they’ve underestimated Haskins. The guy has elite arm talent, he’s a good athlete, he’s a smart kid, he’s putting in the hard work, he’s a blossoming leader, and his production *gasp* was already absolutely on par with the rest of his rookie class in his starts. Folks are drawing huge conclusions based largely on two relief efforts, and I really hope this kid forces them to eat every single one of these slights. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

ESPN did a 4-round NFL “redraft” today where the writer for each of the 32 teams picked from the full roster of NFL players. I guess the idea behind They used the same order as the 2020 NFL draft (incidentally, the Redskins drafted Russell Wilson #2 overall; Mahomes of course went 1st). 

Anyway, Haskins was not among the 32 QBs drafted. Here are some other players and where they were drafted in this exercise:

Joe Burrow (9th QB selected; 13th pick overall)

Drew Lock  (11th QB selected; 15th pick overall)

Kyler Murray (13th QB selected; 17th pick overall)

Teddy Bridgewater (14th QB selected; 18th pick overall)

Sam Darnold (17th QB selected; 23rd pick overall)

Tua Tagovailoa (20th QB selected; 30th overall)

Cam Newton (21st QB selected; 36th overall)

Justin Herbert (23rd QB selected; 55th overall)

Kirk Cousins (24th QB selected; 69th overall)

Daniel Jones (25th QB selected; 70th overall)

Jarrett Stidham (26th QB selected; 71st overall)

Jameis Winston (30th QB selected; 95th overall)

Tyrod Taylor (31st QB selected; 97th overall)

There’s really no other way to describe it than a tremendous slap in the face to Haskins. Drew Lock at 15 overall and Haskins undrafted is a big eye roll. Tua and Herbert never having played a down is quite a slight. Tyrod Taylor most recently played meaningful snaps (badly) in 2018. And Jarrett Stidham — what can you even say about that one 🙄🙄

I’ll put this whole paragraph in bold, because that’s how strongly I feel about it. I think a lot of people are going to feel awfully silly over the next year or two because of how grossly they’ve underestimated Haskins. The guy has elite arm talent, he’s a good athlete, he’s a smart kid, he’s putting in the hard work, he’s a blossoming leader, and his production *gasp* was already absolutely on par with the rest of his rookie class in his starts. Folks are drawing huge conclusions based largely on two relief efforts, and I really hope this kid forces them to eat every single one of these slights. 

These writers need to lose their jobs. This is the most ridiculous thing I’ve seen. Beyond what you wrote and that Haskins wasn’t selected, Cousins is #24 behind Herbert & Tua? 15 spots behind Burrow?

Wtf! This is just a crap, crap job. A QB who’s thrown for 3,500 yds & 25 TDs plus every year since 2015 & he just won a playoff game in New Orleans - an incredibly hard feat for any QB or their team, even the best of the best.